Game-Labs Forum

Limited economy slots - coming soon

Than why are some of us seeing the info about PvP1 and PvP2 merging into PvP Global and the PvP EU getting there own server thing?  Many us would like more info on that info.  Cause if PvP2 is being merged into PvP1 and it's location we should get a heads up as it effects a large player base and might cause you to loose players as I don't want to play on crappy ping.  We have lately been seeing some very poor performance that wasn't there before in the game during port battles and it will get worse with higher pings.

I will concede the 1000 mines but instead of limiting a port to 25 buildings of which all 25 may be oak forests because of the desperate need for compass wood why not limit each type of production building to any given amount at least then you will competition between producers that will ensure (as long as there is no collusion amongst players) that prices will be acceptable to all.

Additionally if you really want to test this taking  resources / mats or whatever you want to term them will not test the server sufficiently. To do that you will need to wipe every ones rank/crafting and money to ensure it works other wise those with rank / crafting and buku money will just walk away from everyone else and some players can buy everything in a port from the shop with money to spare.

Regards Shot

4 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Than why are some of us seeing the info about PvP1 and PvP2 merging into PvP Global and the PvP EU getting there own server thing?  Many us would like more info on that info.  Cause if PvP2 is being merged into PvP1 and it's location we should get a heads up as it effects a large player base and might cause you to loose players as I don't want to play on crappy ping.  We have lately been seeing some very poor performance that wasn't there before in the game during port battles and it will get worse with higher pings.

We are discussing it today internally. Do not want to promise anything but there is a good chance that pvp global will be in USA.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, admin said:

We are discussing it today internally. Do not want to promise anything but there is a good chance that pvp global will be in USA.

Will wait for more info, but I think this would be a better location for a global cause of the location for SEA/AUS/US/EU players centralized location.  Thanks.  Understand things can change but with all the other big post made today it was something brought up cause server mergers where mention in each of the post.

14 hours ago, admin said:

every participant of the victorious PB will receive a land grant. We just need to decide how to reward defence of un-landed esquires.. 

Lets destroy some buildings an land grants even in unsuccessfull attacks. The defenders who do not have land can then grab it up.

15 hours ago, admin said:

Hello Captains. 

Some of you might remember "such is a lord" topic

To make conquest bear more importance on release the number of buildings slots in port will be limited. This means that the city governor will be able to only allocate  25 land plots for construction of mines, manufactures and shipyards. This means only 25 Captains can own something in the city. (number is arbitrary and currently is equal to the number of port battle winners)

Does the 5 buildings per play restriction still hold? If so, much of the talk here is rendered invalid. No "elite" can have all the buildings then. Let's say theres 50 hardcore players per nation, they will account for 500 buildings. There are 8 nations, so they will have 4000 of the 7000 port buildings at max. This is not a monopoly.

13 hours ago, fox2run said:

Madness. This game is going down the drain. I want refund!

Try asking Pres. Trump to re-negotiate with the developers. I think he will have a hard time, though. The game description clearly reads "Alpha Version". =)

• Like 2

So sorry, my main play time is european afternoon, mostly with no Portbattles. So i will be kicked out of game or i must ask other for building places. I understand the idea for make portbattles more interesting and more important. But pls not on this way.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Christendom said:

- This will only ever work in a niche system with a smaller player base.  Not good or bad.
- This will effectively kill off casual play.  You will need to be a hardcore player to compete.  Bad.

You cannot be sure about these two statements, though. Admins said they will open up restrictions on the number of port battles. I think we will see more port battles, so that even for larger nations they wont be dominated by a small elite group any longer. Casual wil participate in port battles. Period. This is already what happens in smaller nations like Sweden or Dutch. The larger the player base the more port battles.

Also, if developers keep 5 buildings per player restrictions, land wil be re-sold inside the nations to casual players, so they can still farm, craft etc. And of course RAID =)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rediii said:

PvE zone is free to build buildings fury

You mean there will be no restrictions on constructing outpost buildings in the PvE zone? Did I miss an admin response? Right now it looks like the only access to land titles in the PvE zone will be through the Admiralty shop.

25 Buildings available ?........... and only issued to those that took part in the Battle?................. so for the 90% of players who have not taken part but are very active within the game you are saying screw you................................  to the actual crafter's who have supplied so many ships and spent hours and hours making sure supply of wood, iron etc etc is available you have said screw you..................... to those who have found PVP in other means  to protect the coast or attack a coast but can not get online during the so called prefered port battle time you have said screw you..... to those chosen to protect the ports and screen  you have said screw you..  you have made a change to change a game that could become a long term enjoyable grind for so many player types, but instead you have said to the PVE players screw you, and to the small group gankers  screw you   we will give the wealth and the ability to build ships to those who are apart of the elite group of port battle grinders and forget the rest of the player base ...  your logic  has left us wondering ............................................................

• Like 7

41 minutes ago, shaeberle84 said:

You cannot be sure about these two statements, though. Admins said they will open up restrictions on the number of port battles. I think we will see more port battles, so that even for larger nations they wont be dominated by a small elite group any longer. Casual wil participate in port battles. Period. This is already what happens in smaller nations like Sweden or Dutch. The larger the player base the more port battles.

Also, if developers keep 5 buildings per player restrictions, land wil be re-sold inside the nations to casual players, so they can still farm, craft etc. And of course RAID =)

but the pb about the valuable ports will remain in the hands of a few.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, captain pips said:

but the pb about the valuable ports will remain in the hands of a few.....

correct    these guys just made not 1   not 2  but 3 posts  that have in a single day  killed a game before it is ready for beta let alone a full release ..............................

1 Merge those who PVE to PVP  not my thing however some of our PVP map will be lost as its becoming PVE

2 first 25 into PB if they win get the choice of ports due to new land grants

3 no night flips   um hello the world is round  we all live in dif time zones  on the global server how could an Asian night flip a US owned Port or vice versa?  hmmm ok join the EU server ... oh wait  there is that time zone thing again 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Riflesbane said:

correct    these guys just made not 1   not 2  but 3 posts  that have in a single day  killed a game before it is ready for beta let alone a full release

Can you look in the future?

10 minutes ago, Riflesbane said:

2 first 25 into PB if they win get the choice of ports due to new land grants

You want a somewhat realistic economy? Well then you cant go around and just claim land for free. Either pay for it or conquer it.

If done right its also a good way to balance resources, right now buildings are useless anyways (except for rare resources like silver) because you can buy them cheaper from the NPC than using a building for it.

If you want to be a trader you can still trade. If you want to play PvE you can still do that. If you want to produce something you have to pay for it or do something for it.

Why not test it first and then judge?

Edited by JonSnowLetsGo
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Riflesbane said:
  1. correct    these guys just made not 1   not 2  but 3 posts  that have in a single day  killed a game before it is ready for beta let alone a full release ..............................
  2. no night flips   um hello the world is round  we all live in dif time zones  on the global server how could an Asian night flip a US owned Port or vice versa?  hmmm ok join the EU server ... oh wait  there is that time zone thing again 

1. A little dramatic aren't we?

6meqk.gif

2. The combination of having allies from around the world (and if you don't - you're doing it wrong), plus the pressure on equalizing national populations by the land grants mechanic will help all nations have around-the-clock coverage.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, rediii said:

We never did something like that. Whoever comes first gets in first and because of the new RoE screening isnt that important anymore i guess

Also don't forget that players can and will sell that landowner rights. If dev's don't introduce a new system you still need a outpost in the building-port and you have a max of outposts. (and buildings - atleast at the moment)

Yah I'm kinda excited and the fact some of us will finaly get to play on the same server it will be interesting having a bigger mix of players.

Folks Admin said that folks can still buy and pay a tax/fee to keep the building there.  It's only the 25 that are promised grants for free to build there.  So you can still build and there won't be any limits as to how many buildings can be in one port. It's just those 25 that was in the port battle get the land grants for free.  Than they can use them or trade them if need be.  I think this sounds like one of many interesting ways to get the econ going in this game in the future.  That and I hate to say it why should some one that does nothing at all get the same perks as I when I was the one that fought hard for that port?  Sorry you don't want to fight why should you get the same prize as me?   You have to pay for what I fought hard for.  

9 minutes ago, JonSnowLetsGo said:

You want a somewhat realistic economy? Well then you cant go around and just claim land for free. Either pay for it or conquer it.

If done right its also a good way to balance resources, right now buildings are useless anyways (except for rare resources like silver) because you can buy them cheaper from the NPC than using a building for it.

If you want to be a trader you can still trade. If you want to play PvE you can still do that. If you want to produce something you have to pay for it or do something for it.

Why not test it first and then judge?

all true,but to make this pb thing even more "elite" is just in favor of a few players.rewards for screeners and ow pvp would be a better way.

1 minute ago, JonSnowLetsGo said:

Can you look in the future?

no comment:rolleyes:

I spend all my time ganking the French, I havn't been in a Port Battle for about 8 months ...why you ask?  pretty simple .....we took the east from the Spanish then had a group of  People not involved in those battles cut a deal to hand it back . the content we had made for ourselves was taken away so I went looking for something else to do.

I don't craft that much myself however I know players who have spent the entire time in game doing nothing but Crafting ......why should a game give them sec dibs on a port simply because a few others went on that Port Battle?

We are lucky to see 300 online and  during most times of the day we see 150-190 ......Upset to many and numbers again drop as they did last year.. it has not recovered.

Reading how many so quickly are not happy and yes   I see into the future  I see a game killing itself  ... am I happy about this  ? NO   I enjoy the game  I actually like spending hours looking for a target if they decide to Hide after I have been reported as in the area

you ask me if I see the future......  well I ask you   what do you see happening here ?

I ask the DEVS  what do you see happening here ?

with these changes coming what plan do you have to replace those who will leave ?

5 minutes ago, rediii said:

I think it will be limited 25 buildings each port (atleast that i am thinking because admins wrote that ~7000 buildings or so are possible on the server)

But still i think it is a good thing because it gives a incentive for players to join the rvr and therefore more pvp will be the result

See below, seems they aren't the only way to get the land grant just one way and I agree it gets folks involved and those that aren't shouldn't have control over things like econ and such.

2 hours ago, admin said:

Everyone should relax as usual - if this idea is bad is not going to survive for long. But we believe that this idea is great. 

Problem it solves

1. Right any given city with iron can have 1000 mines in it, providing unlimited supply of free money. Landowner mechanic provides the natural easily controllable limit. If supply is too great - number of slots can be decreased, if supply is too small number of slots can be increased. 
  2. In addition landowner mechanic provides great incentives to join smaller nations who have free slots available
  3. Increase PB participation - pb's are mostly even battles and are fun if the battle is full. We want to provide hard incentives to drive players to fun mechanics. 
  4. It actually solves the alt buildings. Alt has to have that particular port permit - that means that someone has to actually do something to gain it - someone provided content to another player by winning pb (or losing pb)

Port battles are the main mechanism to gain the land but it is not the only one. You can buy it from other players, you could get it from the admiralty store. 

Idle players problem is solved through maintenance fees. You pay for a week and if you have not paid you lose that slot and someone else can open in that location. 
Alts cannot block the slot because you cannot block it. If you got the land permit = you get the building even if there is already X buildings in town. 

All this is important ONLY if inflation is indeed a problem (based on the player feedback). If inflation is NOT a problem and money should flow to everyone then this issue is moot honestly. 

Edited by Sir Texas Sir
  • Like 2

I only bought the game a week ago, wish I'd of held off now. This ridiculous PB mechanic and the mention that the server will move to the US increasing the ping by 10x, I would of held off and see how it develops as these two alone make me already want to stop after only a week of playing :(

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rediii said:

But still i think it is a good thing because it gives a incentive for players to join the rvr and therefore more pvp will be the result

members of the big clans love the idea,but try to think about the reast of the playerbase.last years plenty of dutch players left the game ,because there was so much trouble about the pb and the resulting rewards and now we are down to max 500 players.do you want an exclusive game for hre,7up and ahoy?

• Like 1

Though one thing just came up....can you steal them? Like if some one left them in there cargo and you capture there ships.  Than sale that grant to some one else since I assume you can only build there if your nation owns that port.   Other wise I would assume the grants go into the slots like the marks and upgrades that can't be lost.

13 minutes ago, captain pips said:

all true,but to make this pb thing even more "elite" is just in favor of a few players.rewards for screeners and ow pvp would be a better way.

Get some hostility points (1 or 2 fast pve missions) in that area and you have a spot in the PB guaranteed. How is that elite? You are the only one who decides if you want to join a PB or not.

Screening changes a lot with the next patch. And even if you get screened you will get a nice fight as reward at least.

13 minutes ago, Riflesbane said:

I don't craft that much myself however I know players who have spent the entire time in game doing nothing but Crafting ......why should a game give them sec dibs on a port simply because a few others went on that Port Battle?

Because they did nothing to get that port, so why should they be rewarded for doing nothing? I dont think that this change will kill crafters or traders, in the end they just have to buy a resource more and demand a bit more for their crafted ships. Just economy.

13 minutes ago, Riflesbane said:

well I ask you   what do you see happening here ?

I see steps in the right direction. Economy is broken right now, its literally just afk sailing from capital to capital and trading with NPCs instead of looking for demands and trading with real players. Everyone has every resource with minimal effort, its just boring and not dynamic at all.

2 minutes ago, captain pips said:

members of the big clans love the idea,but try to think about the reast of the playerbase.last years plenty of dutch players left the game ,because there was so much trouble about the pb and the resulting rewards and now we are down to max 500 players.do you want an exclusive game for hre,7up and ahoy?

Who forbids you to join a PB?

Edited by JonSnowLetsGo
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, JonSnowLetsGo said:

Get some hostility points (1 or 2 fast pve missions) in that area and you have a spot in the PB guaranteed. How is that elite? You are the only one who decides if you want to join a PB or not.

c`mon,you know that this is not the reality.i remember the trouble,when players joined pb without the "permission" of the commander...

• Like 1