Game-Labs Forum

Good fights Battle(pvp,pb) video reports

Alex Яс

5 minutes ago, JonSnowLetsGo said:

Todays Portbattle at Port-au-Prince against the Pirates, won through points 1000 - 81:

5152933126274e0c8c511f0b9f9c9061.png

d25a48edb83b40f6a8bb3da245ccf75d.png

Good job!

And welcome back to Swedish nation ;)

What a battle, I can't wait to see a nation fully use the fireship. Catching the fleet as it turns through irons, the destruction from a few fireships exploding on a stationary fleet could be a true game changer! 

I miss my pirate boarding fireships of old!

If you'd have hit them as they turned through the wind, wow just wow! I haven't done a port battle since land was added but before I used to line up the fireship across the front of a target, depower with boarding loaded, turn off guns once caras had fired and turned off sailing. (put survival on just before boarding) Board the target as my fire would start and wait for the bang!

Used to love the chance of exploding my ship but capturing the target as the boarding screen would not always close (may have been a bug. Danno) then just keep firing. 

On a side note with coni's 2nd and third explosion chance the damage was crazy! 

From what iv tested the hamburger once goes pop seems to hold onto alot of crew! Has anyone else noticed this!

What I noticed from your video was the pirates totally panicked for like 5mins after the bang! They totally lost any organisation 

Edited by monk33y

Great job swedes  ... good leading by sveno and rediii ... would be easyer in one language ;)

GG also fo your Morta-Brig-Master Bernadotte ...

Your capping Agas are speed builded? I think this could be special kind of ships in future .... fast and boarding fitted Frigates

@rediii... little bit unlucky, that you was hit by your own fireship ...  but nice, how you stayed alive , changed ships and avoided to get boarded

respects

Berend

10 minutes ago, rediii said:

did they fight this time?

Yes. They actually outnumbered us. They still lost though. On points, within time. With 8 of our fist rates (including me) screened out. I came in 5 minutes before closing to recap A from under their noses XD. Points were 1000+ vs 280-ish.

8S0oTiB.jpg

Edited by Kloothommel
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, rediii said:

The possibility to screen defenders should be taken out... it's weird and makes no real sense ^^

The defender has the benefit of towers as is. Since this game has lobbies, open world speed slew and ships spanning over a couple hundred years, allowing the attacker a small chance at screening an attack makes perfect sense. This is a war game after all, not a simulation of reality or history. Sometimes people get tagged when they dont want to. Seems like a good analogy of life if you ask me.

Edited by Surathani
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Surathani said:

The defender has the benefit of towers as is. Since this game has lobbies, open world speed slew and ships spanning over a couple hundred years, allowing the attacker a small chance at screening an attack makes perfect sense. This is a war game after all, not a simulation of reality or history. Sometimes people get tagged when they dont want to. Seems like a good analogy of life if you ask me.

this would make screening the most imported, if you can screen to avoid both attack and defense why would there be any portbattle at all ?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, azu said:

this would make screening the most imported, if you can screen to avoid both attack and defense why would there be any portbattle at all ?

More accurately this would make a mistake made by the defender exploitable, as it should be. Since the entire fleet was not involved in the tag, and only 8 where; maybe the danes should figure out who messed up enough to get tagged. Often times it can only take one guy moving when he shouldn't or being slow to click enter. Throwing out mechanics for a bad move is a laughable idea.

Edited by Surathani

10 minutes ago, Wraith said:

But of all the port battles that were scheduled yesterday, I can't count any where screening kept entire forces out?  That said, there was some super sketchy behavior down at Castries where the Swedes and French pulled some squirrely shit, tagging each other into battle since they weren't allied to keep screeners from doing it first, but we won't dwell on that... ;) In any case, I think we are mostly on the same page.

I just think defensive screening should be a possibility, as it is now. Where if you decide to join the port battle from anywhere other than the dock you run the risk of being screened out. This is basically how it works, no?  And any screeners at the dock risk both being under the guns of the forts if they manage a battle and very easy picking for even a small counter-screeening fleet.  As such, it requires no special changes in RoE or any other mechanics to keep this working.

Now, given how hard it is for attackers to win port battles to begin with... reducing the ability to screen out attacking fleets might be entertaining, but I don't see any good mechanics proposed that don't also have severe consequences for non-portbattle PvP, so I'm reluctant to get behind them.

i was on the swedes ts while the attack was happening and even though i don't understand german, i diden here anything about the french was gonna help them get in to the battle and in the swedes defense they where always against us/danes having to resolve to that kinda low gameplay so don't let the danes bad rep smear of on them =) 

i agree with you on how things are right now where you have time to get in to battle but you might give up the Superior wind in doing. but when we come to screening the attacking fleet i hope some measure can be found if only raising the risk of the screening fleet. the reward is easy to see you stop the port battle and lose no 1 rates and you get a chance to capture enemy 1 rates but what is the risk except losing mostly gray ships.