Game-Labs Forum

Good fights Battle(pvp,pb) video reports

Alex Яс

This is a thread full of great videos of Naval Action.

Let us remain gallant, post good battles videos, like and subscribe to good channels, spread the word of NA and avoid any negative waves and other considerations and discussions which have their own threads running in other boards such as General Discussion and National News.

Thank you.

• Like 5

Not a video, but I feel it warrants a screenshot and a written account, I am no orator or writer, but I hope you enjoy the read.

A long and hard fought battle between two french 1st rates and two british Bucentaures and an American Constitution.

The two ships were spotted off the coast from Castries and we quickly pursued them and engaged them, the battle started slow where we kept a distance, focusing on shooting their sails with ball and chain, forcing them to burn their repair early.

The other Buc had not maneuvered well and was now in a position where the 1st rates could pummel him to kingdom come, continued broadside trades with the Santisima and Victory, left the Buc crippled and limping from the battle.. I hope other British captains will take this as an example as to why you should keep your distance in the face of the awesome firepower of 1st rates.

With only the Constitution and a lone Bucentaure left, the battle took a turn in the 1st rates favour, but we did not give up. While they now had more cannons than us by far, we had managed to split them up and I engaged in a one-on-one with the Victory. I took this opportunity to make carefully aimed shots at his front mast, while he was firing wildly with the entire broadside into my sails and hull.

My shots proved true and soon the mast fell, but by now the Santisima was re-engaging me I had to pull off before I could take down the next mast. 

The Victory now crippled, was an easy target for our stern-rakes, further reducing his combat capability, until finally his main mast fell from well placed cannon fire.

By now the Santisima was fighting a desperate battle trying to protect his comrade from boarding action, by staying close to him at all times. This however left him painfully exposed and the end of the battle came upon us, the Santisima caught fire and it spread quickly indeed.

A fireball engulfed the Santisima while next to the Victory, knocking the remaining masts off both ships, killing the entire crew on the Victory. Fearing that our efforts would literally turn to ash, we quickly moved in for boarding action and saved both prizes.

311310_screenshots_20170118171755_1.jpg

Edited by Alan Demarest
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, rediii said:

You forgot the "big thanks to the british/dutch screening"

My main thx go to have enemy such as you,  everything is much easyer vs HRE

Not happy to log out there, you joined on the wrong side in a pb where you could have joined with a very good wind.   Our screeners dindt block you from join the pb, they just blocked you from abusing your exploit so you didnt got the time to position yourself thx to their pressure .     next time try to approach a pb "normally" and maybe you will join from the correct angle :)

Better luck next time k? they told me 11 time's the charm right ?

Edited by Lord Vicious
  • Like 2

On 21.1.2017 at 4:42 AM, Impie said:

Brilliant battle at Pampatar; too bad our points ran out, otherwise it could've had a whole different outcome. :)

"  too bad our points ran out, otherwise it could've had a whole different outcome"......

Lol...Next time you can say it this way:

If we had not lost,then we would have won .

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rediii said:

get your informations straight vicious, the screening was interrupting us getting into position and we didnt log out.

oh and BTW. You guys dont won a offensive portbattle against us yet and it was the 2nd swedish try.

I remember spanking your sweden ass clearing all sweden presence around MT, but maybe with you guys: you where refering to  the brits in general.  But i could be wrong sice "all fear the mighty HRE pvp competence"....

All i can tell you is that when my guys say to me : is an HRE fleet i have a smile that go from ear to ear :)

Edited by Lord Vicious

7 hours ago, Fenris said:

"  too bad our points ran out, otherwise it could've had a whole different outcome"......

Lol...Next time you can say it this way:

If we had not lost,then we would have won .

There's a difference between losing because of game mechanics (time limit, point limit), and losing because you lose your ships. The battle was heavily swaying in the favor of the Dutch near the end.

• Like 1