Game-Labs Forum

Good fights Battle(pvp,pb) video reports

Alex Яс

You forget leku, the Danes will only play by their own rules!

Remember the Danish logic;

3am battles, in there favour - testing 

War supply bombs, in there favour -testing 

1st Ship rate exploits in 4th rate battles, in there favour -testing 

Bullying nations to only fight at Danish prime time - testing 

Filling other nations battles (eg French) with 80-90@% Danish players - testing

Danish counter logic.

Defending battles at 3am -exploit 

Using other national players to fight port battles (eg usa- attack, British players fight)  -exploit 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Wraith said:

Port Battle for Puerto Plata, U.S. and Allies vs. Danish and Allies

This battle was somewhat interesting because the Danes, true to their word as always ;) turned up to fight it instead of "quitting" the game.  We are thankful they did as for most other than myself it was a pretty good fight. Screening was mostly a non-factor, though a few folks got pulled in we were able to fill the battle in the end. The Danes were admittedly a mish-mash of allies and recruits from PvP2 as far as I could tell, and didn't quite fill the battle.  But they came with at least 3-4 boarders, perhaps more, and made life interesting as we worked with fairly neutral wind throughout the battle.

As you'll see I got split from our line, herded, and then caught between minds trying to stay in the circle and keep a Danish ship between me and a fort.. and then woops, got boarded early in the battle. But that let me fly around and keep tabs on everything so you'll see a lot more of the map in this battle than usual.  Good fight Danes and Allies, you've provided us with plenty of encouragement. ;) 

You won't hear any sound in the video except my own comms as I messed up my mute setup. Sorry!

30404b403e00e179aba18660f5769cc2.png

Wow.. so you think that 5 danes is a show up?? - You must be extremely desperate to talk your skills up 'cuz that's all I'm seeing.. a lot of talk and an almost childish need to tell everybody that 5 danes is a challenge.. And no screen? - I wonder why... Go play with Ken as that's prob as much of a challenge as the PvE bots in NA..

3 hours ago, Kloothommel said:

I do not seek your personal validation.

I dont give a s$%^ what you are seeking.

I proved you lied in your stupid statement. I dont care if you done it on purpose ( propably ) or simply by mistake and lazyness ( you said you were on a phone ).

You are not trusthworthy.

5 hours ago, SirSamuelHood said:

Ok, I don't know about you or the many other who watch videos on this thread, but watching a 25 man fleet of 1st rates chase down what I assume to be 4 first rates (couldn't tell because they escaped when you hit tab to see) does not fit the definition of what I would call a good fight.

• Like 3

Just now, Yar Matey said:

Ok, I don't know about you or the many other who watch videos on this thread, but watching a 25 man fleet of 1st rates chase down what I assume to be 4 first rates (couldn't tell because they escaped when you hit tab to see) does not fit the definition of what I would call a good fight.

I don't know, it was pretty close.

Jokes aside, I blanket put all port battle videos here, regardless of how good they may be. 

I figure that everyone does the same thing, just a straight upload of the battle, start to end. In order to break the mould a bit (and try to hide how badly Jon Snow Let's Go pushed my shit in when he boarded me), I've decided to edit my videos once I die to make them a bit more... cinematic. I've gone around freecamming and collected quite a few nice shots of both fleets having a biff at each other, and added some pretty music. First upload attempt, the quality of the videos was not good at all (something about recording in mp4 and producing in avi, also new settings for my screen recorder to make things smoother because liquicity made fun of my framerate and hurt my feelings), so I'm trying again. It should be up soon, when it is I'll put it here, I'd like to know what you think. It'll be a pretty rubbish summary of what's going on, and more just a look at the combat itself.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, rediii said:

HRE here!

Unbenannt.PNG

Man you have 3 HRE in the entire fleet, congrats on your 3/25 of credits?  really thats what HRE bring up as  cheastbeaT? you must be soo in lack of victories for bragging about 3 hre in middle of 25 ppl, like hre got any rilevance in this fight whatsoever. 

We outmanouvered you all the time, you manage to lose even circle C and never got it back, we got much better use of the wind ,who won was the boarders and the forts, so individual fights and decisions  but your fleet movement was horrible 2 less boarded ppl and you where losing A also.               You killed 10 ships losing 5,    We killed 17 (almost 19 2 got saved by timer by 1 min)  firstrates losing 5       in castries, if we need to compare what means winning for real.

at end you won by less then 200 points on defence, wich is nothing, 2-3 less boarding mistake and you would have lost it, if i was you i would not be  that confident.

But if you feel lucky come for castries try n13

ps. maybe you can ask jon snow lets go to remind his  new fellow members what happened every time HRE faced SORRY , or PODW or sorry/podw.

Edited by Lord Vicious

Vicious, you remind me of Donald Trump. You can't take any criticism or salt without immediately going onto the forums and spending waaaaaaaay too much time and effort to prove some kind of immature notion of superiority to your "enemies".

• Like 6

38 minutes ago, _Masterviolin said:

Vicious, you remind me of Donald Trump. You can't take any criticism or salt without immediately going onto the forums and spending waaaaaaaay too much time and effort to prove some kind of immature notion of superiority to your "enemies".

Again 500ml go  show i am wrong  , a fact  is not a notion :), you wanna be a detractor go find evidence that support your point :)

IN case you didnt notice TRUmp won  against everybody, 6h before getting elected fox was giving him at 38% LOL wo laugh now?

ps: crititics? from who? jon snow?  hre? clans who never won a single pb in their entire existence?   if you wanna critic someone you must have some score under your belt if you wanna that your words are taken with the appropriate weight.

Critics? i am my first critic

lol i watch my battles for see my mistakes (multiple time)  i am watching now  zorfidious and  then redii version of the battle, yeah we lost but not becouse i did some bad calls , fleet manouver wise and comms wise   and usage of wind was good (we hold c with 0 ppl there simply by a clever usage of wind direction prediction)  the fleet did incredibly well, we lost to individual boarding actions Happens that esulate from commander control ability,    2-3 less ship loss  expecial on the first minute of the engagement and we where able to capture all 3 points. For an attack fleet lose by 200 points is very good.    

They lost c and never got it back, and they spend wayyy to much ppl for try capture back B, where our guys in minority hold a superior force indefinitively and even  at end manage to repel them and kicked them out.     We simply lost too many on the first engagement  for have enought for contest A,  but our enemy both manouvered and used their numbers advantage very badly. (consider we hold 2 circle with -10 ships)  They could have annichilate us but they fractioned their forces not capitalizing on their advantage.        Boarding actions where the key factor, next time they could not get that lucky, point is their commander did not take good decisions, they boarders made the difference. 

My intentions where to avoid fighting under the forts and i was very loud about since we formed up the line becouse i know how the engagements to to involve a much bigger area that you predict, neverthless some ppl still manage to end fighting near them. 

If someone is honest intellectually can see when a battle is won by a commander decision and when is the randomness of the single actions. A good commander can capitalize on single captain actions augmenting furthemore the advantage but the credits will go more on such actions.

To give you an example on bridgetown we where losing the brawl,(many of our ships where in worst condition then the enemy) i decided to retreat our entire fleet away in the center circle for gain time, and send a force to contest the other circle on the right , that made us winning       If i keep insist on holding left circle probably we where going to loose too much ppl for then  be able to hold A and at the end probably lose.

In bridgetown we lost the brawl, but we won the tactical battle.

In castries was very different, it was an all in, was dangerous defending A becouse lost that we where going to lose the other circles to, so i lured your fleet  inside A against wind for our boarders, but after that who won where the individual actions of our boarders, who rapidly snowballed your fleet.

See i do a lot of self criticism

ps: you lost Nuevitas attack btw i like you pretend it didnt happened 

Edited by Lord Vicious
  • Like 1

The fact you felt compelled to write an entire block of text to defend yourself yet continuing to proclaim your own glory simply proves my case. And, I'm not sure what Donald Trump's statistics from Fox News, and something to do with the port of Nuevitas has to do with that. But alright, go ahead. I'll simply grab some popcorn :P Hell, I'm not even on the same server; I'm a PVP2 guy now.

• Like 5

Gotta love how it's all about "we only lost by 200 points, which is very good" and "we held two circles with -10 ships" when it was entirely enabled by the enemy which was ordered to back off once points were no longer a threat. :D