Game-Labs Forum

Good fights Battle(pvp,pb) video reports

Alex Яс

12 hours ago, Lord Vicious said:

Again 500ml go  show i am wrong  , a fact  is not a notion :), you wanna be a detractor go find evidence that support your point :)

IN case you didnt notice TRUmp won  against everybody, 6h before getting elected fox was giving him at 38% LOL wo laugh now?

ps: crititics? from who? jon snow?  hre? clans who never won a single pb in their entire existence?   if you wanna critic someone you must have some score under your belt if you wanna that your words are taken with the appropriate weight.

Critics? i am my first critic

lol i watch my battles for see my mistakes (multiple time)  i am watching now  zorfidious and  then redii version of the battle, yeah we lost but not becouse i did some bad calls , fleet manouver wise and comms wise   and usage of wind was good (we hold c with 0 ppl there simply by a clever usage of wind direction prediction)  the fleet did incredibly well, we lost to individual boarding actions Happens that esulate from commander control ability,    2-3 less ship loss  expecial on the first minute of the engagement and we where able to capture all 3 points. For an attack fleet lose by 200 points is very good.    

They lost c and never got it back, and they spend wayyy to much ppl for try capture back B, where our guys in minority hold a superior force indefinitively and even  at end manage to repel them and kicked them out.     We simply lost too many on the first engagement  for have enought for contest A,  but our enemy both manouvered and used their numbers advantage very badly. (consider we hold 2 circle with -10 ships)  They could have annichilate us but they fractioned their forces not capitalizing on their advantage.        Boarding actions where the key factor, next time they could not get that lucky, point is their commander did not take good decisions, they boarders made the difference. 

My intentions where to avoid fighting under the forts and i was very loud about since we formed up the line becouse i know how the engagements to to involve a much bigger area that you predict, neverthless some ppl still manage to end fighting near them. 

If someone is honest intellectually can see when a battle is won by a commander decision and when is the randomness of the single actions. A good commander can capitalize on single captain actions augmenting furthemore the advantage but the credits will go more on such actions.

To give you an example on bridgetown we where losing the brawl,(many of our ships where in worst condition then the enemy) i decided to retreat our entire fleet away in the center circle for gain time, and send a force to contest the other circle on the right , that made us winning       If i keep insist on holding left circle probably we where going to loose too much ppl for then  be able to hold A and at the end probably lose.

In bridgetown we lost the brawl, but we won the tactical battle.

In castries was very different, it was an all in, was dangerous defending A becouse lost that we where going to lose the other circles to, so i lured your fleet  inside A against wind for our boarders, but after that who won where the individual actions of our boarders, who rapidly snowballed your fleet.

See i do a lot of self criticism

ps: you lost Nuevitas attack btw i like you pretend it didnt happened 

LV, never imagine that I would see you next to the British against the Spanish, I was wrong ....SORRY.....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rediii said:

I agree with the fireship. If they don't want to get boarded they can avoid this though.

Still, seems ton be the most (or only) viable option to win. 

Not taking anything away from you. I just don't enjoy it. 

Dont really have a lot of time to play due to work commitments but even if I had more time. Not sure I would play a lot more in this meta. I just enjoyed line battles and penetrating ships from more then 100 meters more then brawling and boarding. I guess that's all I'm trying to say. 

• Like 1

Caracas port battle.

Dutch side joined with mixed players, where some get on pb for the first or second time. Besides propably having all one voice com, few refused to join battle properly and later wasnt responding to orders. ( thats not excuse for our lost :) )

French side joined in full numbers and still had stronger fleet then ours ( arround 6 2nd rates ) even with one 3rd rate and mortar brig.

At begining battle was looking promising. Our side had wind adventage but at first skirmish few our captains sleept when orders were given and got caught offguard without proper speed and got easly boarded.
Besides that we started fighting back and everything wasnt 100% sure till disconects start hitting hard. Like you can see on movie French side had problems with that too, but we lost arround next ~5 ships to disconects and with first loses and constans problems for few players it followed to our lost of game.

Some of us managed to escape battle.

TL:DR.

Even if flip at such time WASNT our target ( some rogue people done it ) we filled PB and had blast fighting enemies. Thank you for coming o7

GG WP o7

Edited by Leku
  • Like 2

The Dutch Brits started poorly in this battle with a number of ships at the rear of the line getting caught in a turn and being boarded (due in to ships ahead of them moving too slow). The French/Span/Dane/Swede alliance came heavily for boarding and did so very effectively. (this is why they won and we lost)

We also had 5 players DC who when they came back, came back to the battle over screen (and show as escaped), now I know the French/Span/Dane/Swede also had some DC but they all got back in. So is this a difference in how defender/attacker reconnect ? (this is NOT why we lost...but could have been if it wasn't for my first statement)

Edited by Jeheil

I suffered disconnect this morning during port battle, ship stopped responding to orders but not sure at what point as had maintained course for set time , then as noticed was trying to see what happening then had message saying battle lost, connection lost then results screen.so not great and I must say I've had more drop outs in 2weeks then in months, hoping this trend doesn't continue...

Caracas: DEFS Perspective:

Having an hard time making 25 people join the pb. First 19 in then 21 then 25. Unable to go were we wanted to spawn due of screen.
We mostly appear in A and begin bye retreat in order to see if reinforcement can come in. It allow us to get more wind for the rest of the battle.

Brits Come in C and burn their wind rushing A. When wind was pretty equal, french collossal fleet turn into the wind and face brit with almost the same wind.
The two fleets pass but french decide to cut the rear of brit after 2/3 of brit pass.
French board and capture 3 ships. French turn back and brits too leading to more boarding and damage ships.
After few turn and B and C beeing contested with mass dc for the french guys on B, brits were fighting under 2 fortress and 3 fort. Due of their dc, boarded ships and heavy coast, they didn't have their destiny in hands and were mostly save by points reaching 1k points.

Ty for the fights, next time try it a bit late pz

17 hours ago, Chimera said:

Still, seems ton be the most (or only) viable option to win. 

Not taking anything away from you. I just don't enjoy it. 

Dont really have a lot of time to play due to work commitments but even if I had more time. Not sure I would play a lot more in this meta. I just enjoyed line battles and penetrating ships from more then 100 meters more then brawling and boarding. I guess that's all I'm trying to say. 

Same, for me the PBs took a sharp dive when penetration mechanics made line sailing obsolete, chaotic brawling feels dumb.

Yep hats off, great win for the Span/Dutch/French/Dane conglomerate, 3 ships down and pulled off a top win. We blooded alot of captains in the new PB so lots of learning if no actual victory to show or indeed tight fight. Well done all and thanks for the biff

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, sruPL said:

Didn't say anything of that, and it's not asking for a favor from me (to send weaker players). It's advice for you, a good opportunity to train new players, as of course you won't send new players to attack Castries or Defend Santo Tome de Guyana.

Oh yes we do :D Literally any1 can join any PB if he wants to and we are happy to get the PB full.

Check out rediis vid of port au prince yesterday. There you hear me asking a guy if he is able to manual sail. His answer was "no". And that was to our prime time and a pretty important port.

Edited by JonSnowLetsGo
  • Like 1

Video of the Defence of Selam:

Initially, with being outnumbered and no word of relief coming, we were trying to be careful and possibly preserve our ships. Our initial charge was determined by our disorganised fleet and difficulties communicating across language barriers at the very start. Charge was simply an easier command to get across than a more technical attempt at outmanoeuvring the enemy. After that it was fairly straight forward. Identifying the enemy ships with superior boarding and sinking them. Keeping count of the ships in each circle. And trusting the players sent to circle B to fight equal numbers.

Edited by Anolytic
  • Like 3

OW 1vs3 in French waters :

I was patrolling near Sainte Lucie because while the flags went wrong somehow, those are french waters... ;) And i encountered a Brittish fleet, 6 frigate types and a Constitution.

I decided to run cause i've been told french ships are quite good at this and the hunt begun. Picking a hauled wind i managed to force them to scatter a bit, with the surprise closing in on me. After a while, only a Surprise, a Renommée and a Belle poule were in battle range. Finally, i decided to close in on the Surprise, loaded all my guns and proudly raised the French flag.

• Like 1

Thanks, I'm glad I've been somewhat able to encapsulate how nice the game can be to just look at.

If you're interested, I've uploaded another video with a section of footage in the same style, albeit with more actual combat this time, and will include a link.

Edited by SirSamuelHood

2 hours ago, Impie said:

Good fight, Spanish (though the boarding meta is getting quite ridiculous, tbh)

Yep, we had 2 boarding fitted aga just in case they were needed (they were eventually needed :D). We also suffered some boardings and imo they shouldn't be as easy as they are now

The problem is not the boarding, the problem is to lose 1/5 of the crew for a single pass aft ..... 5 minutes after the battle starts, there are already ships with less than half the crew, and by so boarding is obvious ....

On the other hand, battles become a race to smell the ass on the contrary, like a herd of dogs ...

From my point of view, a step by stern, and of course, much less by bow, can not eliminate 1/5 of the crew ......

If we are agree with this kind of fight, we must been agree with the results..........

• Like 2