Game-Labs Forum

Good fights Battle(pvp,pb) video reports

Alex Яс

26 minutes ago, Wraith said:

Epic booms! You guys had a lot more fun than we did.. :) 

We certainly did. We had not expected to win this evening, I'm glad both of our efforts were so successful. If I could harvest the salt that's going to fly our way due to 'night flips' I could make thousands of medkits. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Aegir said:

Summarizes the entire campaign pretty well.

Is there any other port besides smyrna and sunbury that produce live oak?
There`s none.
Anyway danes started live oak war. They took sunbury when spain was keeping smyrna. Imo if they would leave it alone we would be happily keeping ports and focus somewhere else. Also with fine woods reduced live oak is not such a big problem anymore.

No drama please.

2 minutes ago, Leku said:

Is there any other port besides smyrna and sunbury that produce live oak?
There`s none.
Anyway danes started live oak war. They took sunbury when spain was keeping smyrna. Imo if they would leave it alone we would be happily keeping ports and focus somewhere else. Also with fine woods reduced live oak is not such a big problem anymore.

No drama please.

Couldn't care less about the live oak, and Samuel has already corrected himself. I just pointed out that it's an apt analogy with the minimal effort for much gain part.

As for drama, I'm not the one resorting to juvenile internet terms about people being 'salty' and whatnot.

Top battle that Redii, swung and swung again, ended as a bit of a massacre, but on the 30 minute mark it was looking bleak for Brit forces. Have to say excellent leadership for the brits (tip of the hat to LV) and given such a composition of clans, I thought a high level of fleet intelligence/discipline against a really nasty wind. Thunderous brawl in the middle of the PB though. You will be back.

Oh and lets keep this thread clear of stuff beyond PB vids, reports and commentary related please...put the salt and nasties in another thread...

• Like 5

Well I've been stuck on land mostly this week awaiting orders from the Admiralty (The Mrs). So missed all the fun but should be back at sea on Thursday evening until then I will be filling the void with these videos so thanks all who record and put on here and to all the participants of the battles..

8 minutes ago, Wraith said:

You'll note I acknowledged that in my original post. ;) And I'm not crowing over the Georgia battle at all.

But in this age of strong hull, build strength ships port battles are won and lost on planning, organization, working with allies, diplomacy, and things happening from a strategic and Open World point of view...

And I'd say the "battle" at both was won by us and our allies decisively on a failure of those things by the Danes and theirs. Either "battle" could have been "won" by the Danes with a little diplomacy.

Nightflips. 

5 minutes ago, JonSnowLetsGo said:

Keep abusing as long as you can, but dont cry that theres no content left for you when they reintroduce PB timers.

Timers won't work. US does aggro, Brits fight and set US timers. Instant untouchable ports there.

Edited by Kloothommel
  • Like 2

Great efforts were done by Brit/Dutch/USA coalition in Georgia & Santo Domingo, fully acknowledged. (mostly from the European players) 

But no one can deny these 2 victories are mostly due to battle timer system. (zero screening & fewer defences)

Great hopes for next modifications by devs that will exclude as much as possible these night flips that disguise battle results.  

• Like 6

Please remember that this thread is called 'Good fights Battle(pvp,pb) video reports' and not 'Salt-encrusted shitflinging battle.'

There are other threads to house complaints about alliances, the new port battle mechanics, and the forum pvp. Keep this thread clear for battle reports and other, more pertinent matters. 

•  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wraith said:

Port Battle for Puerto Plata, U.S. and Allies vs. Danish and Allies

This battle was somewhat interesting because the Danes, true to their word as always ;) turned up to fight it instead of "quitting" the game.  We are thankful they did as for most other than myself it was a pretty good fight. Screening was mostly a non-factor, though a few folks got pulled in we were able to fill the battle in the end. The Danes were admittedly a mish-mash of allies and recruits from PvP2 as far as I could tell, and didn't quite fill the battle.  But they came with at least 3-4 boarders, perhaps more, and made life interesting as we worked with fairly neutral wind throughout the battle.

As you'll see I got split from our line, herded, and then caught between minds trying to stay in the circle and keep a Danish ship between me and a fort.. and then woops, got boarded early in the battle. But that let me fly around and keep tabs on everything so you'll see a lot more of the map in this battle than usual.  Good fight Danes and Allies, you've provided us with plenty of encouragement. ;) 

You won't hear any sound in the video except my own comms as I messed up my mute setup. Sorry!

30404b403e00e179aba18660f5769cc2.png

I counted 3 danes.