Game-Labs Forum

Good fights Battle(pvp,pb) video reports

Alex Яс

Excellent battle at Morgan's Bluff today. Very hard fought for the full 90 minutes  with many players left drifting with most crew on survival at the end. Salute to everyone in the port battle and in the screening battles that raged on.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Christendom said:

at With coms and a little big of lag towards the end.  

I can't quite understand why the Spanish fought under the fort guns in A so much during the Morgan's Bluff battle? Why didn't they plough on through to capture  C when they first entered A? 

There were plenty of displays of the map to keep me interested and to watch the complete battle. However, during the replay I was longing see the tally sheet as ships were lost on both sides. 

Thanks for the upload Christendom and all the other uploaders in this thread.

Well done to the victors and the vanquished for a good tussle.

I guess Captain "I know what I am doing"  got paint for his ship, not sure he needs it though! ;)

Any news on the Castries upload Rediii?

Buster

Twiddles thumbs

Edited by Busterbloodvessel
Protection of the innocent

With tally board shown:

The fortifications got 10 kills.

We knew that they were trying to get a fight under the fortifications, but accepting the invitation to fight in A enabled us to block them from recapturing B behind us. We also had ships split off behind us that we waited to catch up to us and reinforce us in A. Most of the time we were fighting both outnumbered and under fire from the towers. Tactically there are several things to reevaluate, and in regards to our mortar brig we failed him. However all of our captains in the battle fought valiantly and conducted themselves excellently. We achieved what we came for, a fun brawl that we fought very well.

Unfortunately for me I was distracted before the attack and forgot to give my officer any perks. It bugged me the entire battle, and likely caused my sinking just before the end.

Edited by Anolytic
Hoping the video will stay available this time.
  • Like 2

@Anolytic  on Morgan's Bluff:

It was a fun port battle.  The battle seesawed back and forth and by the end was both a battle of attrition and a battle against the clock.  At the end there were many captains that were 1 to 2 broadsides away from sinking.

Thanks to all that came out to Morgan's Bluff (both for the screening and the port battle).

Would have been nice to see your video but unfortunately Naxos seems to take issue with it.   :(

Edited by Chijohnaok

7 hours ago, Anolytic said:

It's uploaded on @rediiis Youtube channel.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCWonEt5fiDzQAGLGxOeQL2A

However, seeing as it wasn't a particularly good or lasting battle it probably doesn't belong in this topic.

You mean wasn't particularly good or lasting for the french. To brits and allies was a tactical victory.

1 hour ago, Cabral said:

You mean wasn't particularly good or lasting for the french. To brits and allies was a tactical victory.

No, it wasn't good in general. Very few ships sank and not that much shooting was done. The batle was won on points. It was never a very even battle, due to many attackers not managing to click into the battle and random smaller ships filling the spots. 

• Like 1

Brits split in two to control 2 points at start. French have the wind and the number (25v20(188*1th+1ph+1*3th rate)).

French start on A sending 13ships on 11 british ship making them in truble.
Reste of french fleet wait in A. Brit on C split with 4 sended to B. French send 4 ships to intercept and renforce B while rest of french fleet go to C.
Due of their number brits were unable to control anything. Battle end on points limiting their causalty to almost nothing.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Anolytic said:

No, it wasn't good in general. Very few ships sank and not that much shooting was done. The batle was won on points. It was never a very even battle, due to many attackers not managing to click into the battle and random smaller ships filling the spots. 

1 ship  a wappen

And you got owned tactically becouse we wanted exactly to archieve that, ask any brit that was  in fleet, since your entire fleet was santi-oceans greedy for boarding. We wanted  kite you  and to pin you down and we did .    And half of our fleet got tagged in a battle so they joined as they could.

Edited by Lord Vicious
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, rediii said:

Also it's not my job to document the portbattles. If you want to analyze portbattles do a recording yourself ;) 

Usually a brit record it but this time none did.  Cya in castries try n 999 ?

the fog generator did its job

Edited by Lord Vicious

try to focus on castie to improve your morale but you didn't made a better job than on nouvelle orleans.

Yesterday, you split your forces to allow them to be overnumberd each area. You just have luck that we didn't( stop to bring points before sunking you. The ships sunking allow you to be able to retreat before heavy causaltie.

It was late, we were all sleeping but you were badly slap oin your face.

Next time flip a port when you can get 25 players it will improve the fun for all

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PIerrick de Badas said:

try to focus on castie to improve your morale but you didn't made a better job than on nouvelle orleans.

Yesterday, you split your forces to allow them to be overnumberd each area. You just have luck that we didn't( stop to bring points before sunking you. The ships sunking allow you to be able to retreat before heavy causaltie.

Next time flip a port when you can get 25 players it will improve the fun for all

Well, it wouldn't have mattered if we didn't split our force at the beginning since you all start in the middle circle. You could have just sent your entire fleet to wherever we were blobbed and still outnumber us.

We came to have fun and to learn, many of us in that PB hadn't had the chance to participate in many, so we don't consider ourselves 'badly slapped in the face'.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, PIerrick de Badas said:

You  do realize they did it just becouse,not was an official fleet  and no official commander lead it dunno who was, and they got whatever ships and not even full fleet while you got slapped in the face 15 time in a raw in castries with full fleetS? you not in position to talk tbh :P      also you manage to kill what? 3? 4? 

you must be in a huge need of morale boost for even mention it :P 

• Like 1

blablabla i not the one speaking about pb happening 1 week ago because i don't won any since this time.

So we can speak about Nouvelle orleans again or about les cayes or maybe about port de prince?

When we are facing a full britis fleet, our coordinate alliance full of swed danish spanih and french manage to speab barely the same language and win against your fleets.

I not there to look on who get the bigger penis Viscious, yours has not been seen in sea for ages.

Les cayes pb:

Brits spawn with wind on East near C, and 4 ships on B

French spawn on center
25v25 1 wapen per side. 1 consti in french fleet.
Brits take C, then move to A. French take A and send brits+1 ship on B.
B is capture by french. Brits mortar make huge damage to our foritification. After brits move on A and almost lost the wind we send a squad on C to take it back. Brits send ships but not enough.

Due of problems of number A is french and brits are forced to retreat a bit from B. French fleet follow from B.

C is capture byu french untill the end on the fight. Most fight occures on C.

After have wait too long, brits decide to charge the french but the battle ended before causalties begin to be more numerous leading to a 4 brits sunk/capture for a spanish in consti

• Like 3

A snappy salute to the Americans we fought tonight in Port-au-Prince.

It was a very entertaining battle, well and hard fought on both sides.
Tactics and counter-tactics, hard close quarter combat, fireships and boarding of the finest.

These battles are the reason i play Naval Action.

o7 and WP to all participating captains, cant wait to watch to video! :)

• Like 6