Game-Labs Forum

Craftable paint

I think that paint should be open and craftable for everyone and not just for people who participated in the event. Paint is a really cool feuture and can actually bring some diversity into the ships in this game. It's really boring to have a port battle where everyone is sailing the same ship in the same colour. I dont know whether or not there will be more events like the one we just had or not, but In my opinion paint should be craftable and easy to get. I say this because I believe that everyone should have the ability to change out their paint several times, pick the one they think looks the best and pick a paint for a ship they actually like. Having paint this rare and random is immensely stupid in my opinion and I think most players would agree. 

Let me know whether or not you guys agree with me or not ;)

• Like 15

I think that paint should be open and craftable for everyone and not just for people who participated in the event. Paint is a really cool feuture and can actually bring some diversity into the ships in this game. It's really boring to have a port battle where everyone is sailing the same ship in the same colour. I dont know whether or not there will be more events like the one we just had or not, but In my opinion paint should be craftable and easy to get. I say this because I believe that everyone should have the ability to change out their paint several times, pick the one they think looks the best and pick a paint for a ship they actually like. Having paint this rare and random is immensely stupid in my opinion and I think most players would agree. 

Having rare paints is not stupid at all and rare paints exist in most successful paid games like Counter strike. 

We have not yet decided on what is the role of skins in helping us to support the continued development of the game financially. We mentioned that some premium content could be added into the game on release.

Of course You as an early access tester/helper/buyer have the privilege to experience almost everything through forms of loot, redeemables and crafting. But we want paint schemes to remain sort of rare. If they are not rare they stop being valuable. But the more we play after their introduction the more chances is to get them in pvp by capturing from other players.

• Like 4

You can make two types of ingame coins. One won ingame (gold) and another (ex. Doublons) which can be refilled, if you want, with real money.

With the doublons you can buy non esential things like aesthetics (paint themes wont be enough), xp bonus (example +25%), availity to OPTIONAL pay to unlock more space in the warehouse/dock/clan vaults or unlock more outposts...

But it is important that those things can be also obtained ingame without having to pay.

Would "kill off" this title in my opinion.

There are enough problems in the game to be solved. To introduce a "second currency"

would put this game in one line with the "free-to-play-titles" and would make it appear "trash".

Having rare paints is a nice idea, and the colours are selected carefully right now.

Those "skins" should not be craftable and only accesible on special occasions.

It is the "companies" "future option" in the financial market. If they need it (or want it) they can

easily "cash-in" on extra skins/flags/banners, without harming the gameplay.

So, don´t throw it away cheaply.

Keep your assets in stock ! Like most player stockpile their Santis / ships... :)

Edited by Wilson09
  • Like 1

I think that paint should be open and craftable for everyone and not just for people who participated in the event. Paint is a really cool feuture and can actually bring some diversity into the ships in this game. It's really boring to have a port battle where everyone is sailing the same ship in the same colour. I dont know whether or not there will be more events like the one we just had or not, but In my opinion paint should be craftable and easy to get. I say this because I believe that everyone should have the ability to change out their paint several times, pick the one they think looks the best and pick a paint for a ship they actually like. Having paint this rare and random is immensely stupid in my opinion and I think most players would agree.

I do not agree with you. Keeping certain things rare keeps it exciting.

On a side note, equality of opportunity does NOT guarantee equality of outcome.

Edited by Vernon Merrill
  • Like 2

The cosmetic skins should be kept rare. I would LOVE to have skins for my ships, but seeing everyone have the same skin would lessen the value of a unique ship.

I currently like how it's implemented in the game, you get skins through special events. Maybe after a full release there could be small transactions to unlock skins for your ship on top of the event. So if someone doesn't want to waste time on an event, they can spend a bit for the item.

Seeing a player with a ship in a different color from it's norm should be rare and look amazing, almost like a "flagship" in a sense.

• Like 1

Was hoping all paint schemes wouldn't be rare. I Was hoping for some super rare payed skins and having common ones that are craftable. It would take out the boringness of everyone on Naval Action having the exact same colored ships and would make things look more lively. Since I started playing NA I was just thinking about how cool it would look if everyone had different ship colors & names. Just my opinion ofcourse.  :)

Edited by TITAN
  • Like 4

You can make two types of ingame coins. One won ingame (gold) and another (ex. Doublons) which can be refilled, if you want, with real money.

With the doublons you can buy non esential things like aesthetics (paint themes wont be enough), xp bonus (example +25%), availity to OPTIONAL pay to unlock more space in the warehouse/dock/clan vaults or unlock more outposts...

But it is important that those things can be also obtained ingame without having to pay.

I really don't think such an economy would fit into a non-f2p game.

As for paint schemes, I've been really looking forward to being able to customise ships, finding out that doing so is rare is a bit of a bummer. Could you not tie the paint schemes to the existing item quality scale (Or something similar), but have mastercraft/exceptional paint schemes (which would be the fanciest paints) being unable to craft?

E.g. A common red paint can be crafted. However it's rather dull and the paint is a bit weathered and battered. The exceptional red paint can only be got through events and it looks brand new and beautiful, with all the brasswork shiny and plenty of embellishments.

• Like 1

Having rare paints is not stupid at all and rare paints exist in most successful paid games like Counter strike. 

We have not yet decided on what is the role of skins in helping us to support the continued development of the game financially. We mentioned that some premium content could be added into the game on release.

Of course You as an early access tester/helper/buyer have the privilege to experience almost everything through forms of loot, redeemables and crafting. But we want paint schemes to remain sort of rare. If they are not rare they stop being valuable. But the more we play after their introduction the more chances is to get them in pvp by capturing from other players.

id love to buy paints with rl money if they ever did that or special paints that you can pick whatever colors you wish for them

I am totally ok with certain paintjobs being very rare and hard to get, HOWEVER there should still be "common" paint jobs you can apply to boats.

This is EXACTLY the variety we need visually in battles right now. It would go a long way to making your ship feel unique and your own.

Please Please Please Dev's you can keep some paint jobs rare, but allow us to still have access to at least 5 styles.

• Like 7

Personally I would like some very basic weathered paint schemes to be droppable once a ship gets older people than a certain age. This way allowing the player to show the ships age as a badge of honour. The scheme would be no different to the default. Just weathered as hell.

I am ok with most schemes being rare though. But perhaps a selection of basic alternative schemes being a reward for keeping a ship alive through many battles (individual ship experience if you will). I.e. The more the ship is used the more likely basic alternative paint schemes are to drop in battle.

I really like the idea of not everybody having access to everything. But it will make some players, the players with most time and clan power. Rich. Not much that can be done about this apart from making sure that everybody has access to similar ship sizes so their is no disadvantage. Which as far as I am concerned they do at the moment.

P.S. I would like to see some very very rare, disguise, Q ship paint jobs. Master and Commander style.

• Like 3

Rare is good, nothing exciting about everyday things, keep them rare so there is a real feeling attached to getting them. Any if anyone is stupid enough to paint there ship Pink i suggest a server wide hunt until they repaint LOL.

They should never add pink as it would appear in anime. It should always be realistic or at least within the realms of possibility.

Add unrealistic paint schemes and there should be an option to hide them as there is in world of warships.

The pink scheme that exists in game at the moment is not actually pink per sae. By the way. It looks like this. Just lighter more virgin like wood.

967737Client2016082020110825.jpg

I don't understand the "Hype" about the paint. It's looking nice. Okay. But it hasn't any affect on the game itself. And to pay these schemes later on with rl money... dunno. I love my wooden walls as they are. And they are burning, sinking or capsizing extremely well without being painted. But maybe I'm just too old for this type of "content" ;)

I think that the paint should be national specific per se. Then individual schemes could be a bonus or bought etc...

I always found it weird that all nations had the same colours - which they did not. In a battle it would add to immersion with the same colour theme on your team. :-)

• Like 1

Wouldn't mind some paints to be micro transactions.

After all the game needs to create some sort of continuous revenue to finance server etc.

wouldn't make ships payable with real money though. If it starts to be a pay to win title a lot of people will resent that.

• Like 1

I think that the paint should be national specific per se. Then individual schemes could be a bonus or bought etc...

I always found it weird that all nations had the same colours - which they did not. In a battle it would add to immersion with the same colour theme on your team. :-)

Would make sense to have a selection of national paints that are easy to get, but the more unique paints are very rare. Could represent a captain become rich/powerful/famous enough for the admiralty to allow him to paint his ship as he pleases.

• Like 2

inbefore 

i was late for the event and finded nothing in the wrechs...

actually i think is better if paints are rare and not craftable... 

and... don't kill me now,

i like if they were even more restricted by nations, like fox2run said before.

i think is a reward in spending time in the game and can work as money sink for high rank players that have billions in hold but never use them.

Ships did not have uniforms in the games period. Just guidelines and even then not all the time.

Some nations did however tend towards particular colour schemes at different times.

Would make sense to have a selection of national paints that are easy to get, but the more unique paints are very rare. Could represent a captain become rich/powerful/famous enough for the admiralty to allow him to paint his ship as he pleases.

Captains did have discretion to paint their ships. It all depended on what colours and expense the docks had with stock.