Game-Labs Forum
admin

Devlog: Forthcoming content patches plan

Please don't forget about achievement system. Let players complete achievements and collect trophies. These trophies can be displayed while waiting for Port Battle. Also, add war room and Port Battle map, so everyone can discuss their strategies before PB.  

• Like 1

Screw the merge. There is a reason I am not playing on that stupid PVP1.

This. And PLEASE no scoreboard unless you want wot 2.0.

• Like 1

Please don't forget about achievement system. Let players complete achievements and collect trophies. These trophies can be displayed while waiting for Port Battle. Also, add war room and Port Battle map, so everyone can discuss their strategies before PB.  

Are achievements coming in the next patch? That would be neat :)

• Like 1

I think this answers most of the many questions people have been asking, I hope this will make a majority of the people return to the game, good job devs.

I don't know if this is under the fleet section of the upcoming patch (fleets return but improved), but can we replace the massive 1st/2nd rate AI fleets with something a bit smaller, I never realy saw anybody attack any of these massive AI fleets? Or am I wrong on this part? They are there but I don't think they add much gameplay wise, as you would need a massive group to attack such massive fleets and at the time its even hard to get a 10 - 15 man group together.

• Like 1

Are achievements coming in the next patch? That would be neat :)

No idea. Just hope they don't ignore it and bring it to NA. 

As a sidenote it would be nice if you updated the official website,facebook page and steam news with this. It will certainly have a positive impact :)

• Like 3

Want you can do is as suggestion special events which are player driven? What Hugo van Groijt and Hethwill send you a mail/message about a while ago

Edited by pietjenoob

Forgotten ???... Yes..... I think you should improve boarding. Rebuilt.

Thank you for the roadmap and all the work you have been done.!

Edited by Marques
  • Like 4

I did not see anything like Port battle reworks. I think it is under the  "test land in port battles", i am really looking forward to the fortresses:)

This is probably one of the best postings from the Devs that I have seen.  Having a blueprint for future development and changes is a great way of keeping the community involved and active, which is something that has not been happening lately.

Although someone may not agree with all the changes and the prioritization it is nice to know the plan.

Thank you so very much for posting this list.

• Like 2

Sounds awesome! Cannot wait to fish. Hopefully it's something more than just click fishing like in POTBS. POTCO had some easy but interactive

I seriously hope no new buildings are required in ship construction.  I only have 1 pirate outpost, the rest in free towns with 3 shipyards in Freetowns for when we can no longer send ships to outposts. Just a suggestion, with new production buildings, maybe increase the building limit to 8.

PVP leaderboards, meh. What would be nice is some type of reputation & bounty system.

Also, Please rework boarding combat.

Oh, and please bring back intel reports, whatever they were called, but change the time to maybe 15 min ago, not 3 hours ago. Edited by Anne Wildcat
  • Like 2

I did not see anything like Port battle reworks. I think it is under the "test land in port battles", i am really looking forward to the fortresses:)

It might that they don't put it in as pb rework but that is part of pb rework and you know that the devs are always a bit secretly what they do implement. Like the 7 days off of that place after capture Edited by pietjenoob

Real days or in-game days? :D

real days, it's 3 days already

Double shot/double charge

Can we please call it Maximum Charge or Extra Charge?

Double charge = shards of barrel and gun carriage flying everywhere.

• Like 4

I think there needs to be a PVP matchmaking kind of system to have battles that you dont need to worry about sailing half way around the map to find

• Like 1

Here's an idea, and I apologize if its been stated before, but what about if you implement automated ship transfer between ports for players, but allow them to be capped?  That kind of kills a few birds with one stone.  Crafters will like it because it will still make shipbuilding as a gameplay viable.  PvP'ers will like it because they may be able to have decent crafted ships to add to their stable, but only if they venture into contested waters, which will force the action to spread out a bit, which is sorely needed.  The "I dont want to sail my ship for so long" group will be happy to use something like the delivery system to move their ships.  The economy will benefit from an additional money sink, if the transfers are priced appropriately.  Just an idea.

Also, does "land in port battles" also mean "forts in port battles"?  I'm really hoping that there is some mechanic at some point that gets players/clans really involved in civic improvements.

Nice job, devs, and thanks!

• Like 6

I think there needs to be a PVP matchmaking kind of system to have battles that you dont need to worry about sailing half way around the map to find

the duel tab in the missions screen, my friend

Devs,

Thanks for sharing your plans.

PVP 2 merge:
What will be done if the game increases population? Will another server be created ... again? I suggest we keep PVP2 but allow a chance for players to merge assets into one server. Choice is better than forcing people.

Fishing:
Will this just be an addition to crafting? Or a simple click of the button? Or an auto feature like combat XP for traveling? I'm excited about fishing but hope it requires some mechanics (slow sailing etc ) and is related to dynamic specific locations. Some places are better for fishing, some worse.

Trading XP:
Great Idea. Currently a player gains one type of XP that allows progression in the ranks of military only. It will be very helpful to have a form of experience that unlocks advantages for trading/exploring This will encourage more trading, add new goals and increase playability. It is not benificial to increase combat rank from activities other than fighting. Please link the the experience gained from traveling to Trading XP.  If not we may end up with high ranking naval officers who have little or no experience in battles, especially with more travel to the Pacific.

Edited by Macjimm