• Princesa Real
    • Dordrecht
    • Wasa
    • Wenden
    • Prinds Christian Frederik
    • Vrijheid
    • Admiraal de Ruyter
    • Christian VII

Yeah, the way this poll is going is interesting. In the 2015 poll, three ships were to be voted in, and the three winners (Indefatigable, Amsterdam, Rattlesnake) all led the rest of the contestants by a decent margin. Third place (Rattlesnake) had 128 votes, while fourth place (Christian VII) had only 83. There wasn't this level of competition,at least not at the end, so picking the winners was simple. This poll, at least right now, is a different situation entirely. Depending on how future votes are cast and when the poll is locked, any one of 2, 3, or maybe even 4 ships could be in 2nd place (and therefore be guaranteed to be added to the game) when the voting stops.  

Yeah, the way this poll is going is interesting. In the 2015 poll, three ships were to be voted in, and the three winners (Indefatigable, Amsterdam, Rattlesnake) all led the rest of the contestants by a decent margin. Third place (Rattlesnake) had 128 votes, while fourth place (Christian VII) had only 83. There wasn't this level of competition,at least not at the end, so picking the winners was simple. This poll, at least right now, is a different situation entirely. Depending on how future votes are cast and when the poll is locked, any one of 2, 3, or maybe even 4 ships could be in 2nd place (and therefore be guaranteed to be added to the game) when the voting stops.

Yes, and it's not entirely impossible for someone to make a second account to lay a vote more on the prefered ship... So, it'd be very unfair in my opinion if one ship won over another with just a few votes. But I guess rules are rules.

This is just a small dev team; they can break their own rules. It's not like they've got a corporate chain of command to deal with. In the 2014 poll, only 1 ship was supposed to be voted in, and yet 4 out of the 5 contestants ending up being added to the game. I guess it depends on what they feel like doing. 

This is just a small dev team; they can break their own rules. It's not like they've got a corporate chain of command to deal with. In the 2014 poll, only 1 ship was supposed to be voted in, and yet 4 out of the 5 contestants ending up being added to the game. I guess it depends on what they feel like doing. 

to add to this, the ocean(which didnt wind the 2015 poll) is also going to be in game, and the same goes for the eggs and bacon it seems(it has game files), so eventhough it doesnt win this poll doesnt mean it wont come in, the top 2 are only a guarantee that they will come in.

I rather have The Ruyter, we really need a Dutch SoL.

why choose de ruyter when there are way prettier dutch SoL in the poll? Personally i think the christian 7 is a nicer looking ship, id most rather have the Dordrecht, heck id rather even have the vrijheid and she looks quite a lot like any othe 74.

• Like 1

why choose de ruyter when there are way prettier dutch SoL in the poll? Personally i think the christian 7 is a nicer looking ship, id most rather have the Dordrecht, heck id rather even have the vrijheid and she looks quite a lot like any othe 74.

De Ruyter has more guns.  ;)

De Ruyter has 80 guns. Christian VII has 90. :P

Besides, I know that this poll isn't about filling in gaps, but we already have one 80-gunner ingame and another in development, and we don't have any ~90-gun three-decker 2nd rates. Christian VII could be a very nice ship to have, if only to help bridge the gap between the 80-gunners and the 1st rates. 

Edited by Arvenski
  • Like 2