• Princesa Real
    • Dordrecht
    • Wasa
    • Wenden
    • Prinds Christian Frederik
    • Vrijheid
    • Admiraal de Ruyter
    • Christian VII

Sorry but the plans above, supposed to be for the Spanish Diana are incorrect. The originals from Julian de Retamosa are at everybody's disposal at the Spanish Naval Museum located at Madrid.

A copy of that original is included into this forum. Cant remember the exact location.

Regards

34 guns Spanish frigate DIANA Launched 03/10/1792

Architect: Julian de Retamosa.

LPP=43.12m

BOA=11.14m

T=5.2m

D= 1151 mT

Retamosa Original drawing

hpQIMvG.jpg

Stations

aR72Cev.jpg

Rebuilt drawings for quality improvement

M6Jo0fK.jpg

MHzOY3x.jpg

Visible decks

Upper deck

jQc6ONs.jpg

Main deck

CkyeoSb.jpg

Rigged side view

bVc6ZbG.jpg

Hull 3D view

C62pECP.jpg

cfsn7LA.jpg

So the ship that wins this poll is the only ship to be added in the first half of 2016?

Or am I misunderstanding what's going on? How many ships will be added in the first half?

What about reading OP : "2 ships will be selected by players votes (1 vote per player). Also 1 ship will be chosen by a developers wild card"  :) 

well. The main reason why "Le Commerce de Marseille" was chosen in the latest wildcard was because of the sheer volume of higly detailed shipplans and data about her. After all the devs will want to model ships after as many references as possible.

The more, the easier for the 3d artist.

Looking at the list I believe many of the ships have the potential to be chosen via wildcard. (and some other ships obviously lack a lot of detailed data)

I hope that if Venus is chosen they wont pick the Wasa due to their pretty obvious similarities. Both designed by Chapman and at very similar times. (and I am giving the Wasa a go atm with very generous help of Malachi)

But if you focus on ships that have a lot of info (usually British,French,Dutch) won't it be bad for nations like Portugal or others where info is quite rare?

Perhaps, but how do you accurately model something you can't get a correct plan of?

A painting or two does not make it possibly to model the ship, let alone figure out its sailing qualities, etc.

I wasn't reffering to ships that have no plans at all(my bad for not mentioning).I was reffering to ships that do have plans or only physical models but info about their sailing qualites,speed etc are rare or none.If you keep favouring ships that have the whole package won't we end up being full of British,French,American ships? :S

I was just wondering,no critisism intended :)

I was just saying that the last wild card was a rather obvious choice for the devs ;)

Ofc you can get tons of information for about any ship you can find on the interwebz.

All shipmodels have to be built according to plans at one point.

Asking universities, archives or other institutions which have ship plansin their disposal helps finding and acquiring plans.

But I guess its always simle (and cheap cause sometimes ship plans cost a ton of money) to use good quality plans which already exist in the internet