• Princesa Real
    • Dordrecht
    • Wasa
    • Wenden
    • Prinds Christian Frederik
    • Vrijheid
    • Admiraal de Ruyter
    • Christian VII

To be honest, when I suggested the Admiraal de Ruyter, I wanted a Dutch ship that could face a first rate and have a fighting chance.  As it stands now, I would switch my vote to the Vrijheid if all the other 68 votes were guaranteed to also switch.  Since this is not going to happen, I implore you to switch your vote to the Admiraal so that we will have at least one Dutch ship in game.  If it doesn't happen, the only "Dutch" ship will be the Swedish Amsterdam.

I'm sure the Dutch won't be left out in the cold, regardless of the outcome of this poll.

• Like 3

To be honest, when I suggested the Admiraal de Ruyter, I wanted a Dutch ship that could face a first rate and have a fighting chance.  As it stands now, I would switch my vote to the Vrijheid if all the other 68 votes were guaranteed to also switch.  Since this is not going to happen, I implore you to switch your vote to the Admiraal so that we will have at least one Dutch ship in game.  If it doesn't happen, the only guaranteed "Dutch" ship will be the Swedish Amsterdam.

I have the Vrijheid (freedom) to choose what I want!   :D

But in a more serious note, a problem we have is that we don't have full plans of the Vrijheid... We can find diagrams of her decks, but not the full side view to find all of the ribbing, gunport placement and such.  Now, there might be more diagrams of her, as we could possibly try and contact the Dutch museum that has the model of her and ask where they got the lines from, so it is not a lost cause yet.

In my opinion, I want get both ships, the Vrijheid and the Admiraal.  If the devs decide to limit the first rates to nationality, then the Admiraal should be given to us as well, as there are no examples of Dutch first rates during this time period.

However, I like playing as the underdog.  I'll keep shouting for the Vrijheid for my own entertainment despite that she is still one of the lowest ranked ships in the voting selection.  If it goes down to the wire where my vote is needed to get any of the Dutch ships, then I might change it.  But to be honest, if any of the ships are in the top five, they will be accepted, therefore there should not be any sweat for the Admiraal supporters right now.

Now, if there are enough Admiraal supporters right now to make it into the top 5, well, maybe they need to change a few of their vote to the Vrijheid so then we get two ships!   :D

• Like 1

really need to stop WoT tier adding ships and just add ships then add more ships...

Tier or no tier, I want to have a choice of new ships to sail every time I level up.

After suffering through 5000 XP, it stinks to only have one option for that level.

• Like 1

i have to ask something.

There was also a poll in 2015, the ships with the most votes of the 2015 poll arent ingame actually, why are we doing another poll if the first isnt done?^^

well one could assume that if there is a poll now that the ships from 2015 poll are close to being in the game.

well.. Its done when its done ;)

Some chosen players had the pleasure to pre-sail a few more ships in the pre-order stage.

Those will be released once the focus for development is in regular order again.

EA Launch brought up alot of immediate problems which led to fast bugfixes, closing of loopholes, trimming eco and more.

Altho I dont know about the state of the ships in queue there were multiple hints about a few ships which are nearly completed.

Trader ship(s) and others.

• Like 1

Assuming the two frigates are selected, I hope the devs select either one of the two fourth rated vessels or the Christian VII. Another second rate would be beneficial, but so would a fourth rate for players looking to move up from frigates.

Secretly disappointed not to see the Principe Real in the vote, but maybe in due time!

does tend to happen when you don't fix stuff in alpha...or test it for that matter....

Have they acutally hired more staff with what I can only assume was the massive influx of cash from 50$+ EA on steam...

or ? still 7-8'ish people they just get paid significantly better

1. The price wasnt 50 dollars or more, it was 40 dollars or 38(i think it was) euros

2. i doubt the 7-8 people get paid better, that is company money, the money will probably stay in the company for salleries and to be able to continue developing the game.

3. testing did happen, however with a limited set of testers(dont forget, for the longest time we would have more than half the population at our trafalgars, and that is 50 people limit...) there are things which will slip through, even with 1000+ people things slip through, sometimes bugs arent discovered for years, other times a dev finds it a few minutes after accidentally creating.

What we have now.

8 to 18 guns = 6 ships

20 to 28 guns = 3 ships, 1 ship premium (Niagara) & 1 ship started

30 to 38 guns = 4 ships

40 to 48 guns = 0 ships & 3 ships started one being a merchant and the other a razeed 5th rate

50 to 58 guns = 2 ships

60 to 68 guns = 0 ships & 1 ships started

70 to 78 guns = 2 ships

80 to 88 guns = 1 ship & 1 ship started (Bucentaure per info below)

90 to 98 guns = 0 ships

100 plus guns = 2 ships & 1 ship started

gee I wonder were the holes in this line up are and why we need another 32 gun ship? Now I just read somewhere on here that they plan to do about 15 ships this year (not from a dev but a mod,lets hope this is true). Can we get maybe a vote for a small (8 - 28) medium (30 - 68) and large (70 - 100+) ship instead? <---- gist of my post here, 3 votes!

Edited by Leadtail

Leadtail, dont worry about the line up, as the post it self says, vote for the ship you want to sail, the line up will be filled in time

edit: also the niagara isnt a premium ship, she was given to early people in the early acces launch and when she is ready she will be released fully to the public, at the same time i would imagine we would get the essex and ingermanland however that i can say absolutely nothing about since i know nothing.

You left out some of the ships that are in development, dude. 

Which ones, I got info from the "List of ships and other vessels in game" thread.

Which are:

1. Rattlesnake 20 guns

2. Essex (missed now corrected) 42 guns

3. Indefatigable 44 guns

4. Indiaman 42 guns

5. Ingermanland 64 guns

6. Bucentaure 68 guns

7. Ocean Class 118 guns

I did not list the Xebec because no guns size is stated. The Niagara is listed as premium because it does not show up in the list of ship rates when you are in port, when it does I'll no longer think of it as premium, but until then meh....

Edited by Leadtail

Which ones, I got info from the "List of ships and other vessels in game" thread.

Which are:

1. Rattlesnake 20 guns

3. Indefatigable 44 guns

4. Indiaman 42 guns

5. Ingermanland 64 guns

6. Bucentaure 68 guns

7. Ocean Class 118 guns

I did not list the Xebec because no guns size is stated.

well there may or may not be ships which are in progress which we dont know about(well, it is highly likely)

also the indiaman will be a 32gun as 10 of those guns which are counted are swivel gusn iirc, the essex is a 40 gunner last i counted and im not sure about the bucentaure but i thought we are getting the 80 gun version from 1803(huh, well in the sheet it says she has 68 but on wikipedia 80...), but might be wrong on that one.

edit: that list has some innaccuracies, the pavel for example has 82 guns(and 2 stern chasers), the essex last i saw in game has 40 guns(although historically could carry 44 if i remember correctly), it is mostly correct though

also the list for people who are wondering

Which are:

1. Rattlesnake 20 guns

3. Indefatigable 44 guns

4. Indiaman 42 guns

5. Ingermanland 64 guns

6. Bucentaure 68 guns

7. Ocean Class 118 guns

I did not list the Xebec because no guns size is stated. The Niagara is listed as premium because it does not show up in the list of ship rates when you are in port, when it does I'll no longer think of it as premium, but until then meh....

Oh, so that's why you didn't list Bucentaure as a 2nd rate. For the record, Bucentaure has 80-86 guns, not 68. Brigand must've written that wrong. 

Also, this might be of interest to you

hello captains, to me personally I would like to see some time in the game the hercules frigate, although by history representing the Argentina Navy, also has a fasinante story before it reaches port Buenos Aires since its inception from Russian shipyards as merchant ship to her as Modified as frigate with 36 cannons and 280 crew.

http://www.faggella.com.ar/isla/hercules.html

HercpanointlgMini.jpg

Votes are against me, but I will say it again : you definitely need more 6th-Rate 16-26 gun ships in order to make those medium ships more appealing to sail.

I'm definitely not disagreeing with you there. However, since I doubt it'll make a darn bit of difference whether Christiansborg has 4 votes or 5, I'm going to keep my vote with Christian VII and hope it's enough to get her the wildcard. 

Sorry but the plans above, supposed to be for the Spanish Diana are incorrect. The originals from Julian de Retamosa are at everybody's disposal at the Spanish Naval Museum located at Madrid.

A copy of that original is included into this forum. Cant remember the exact location.

Regards