• Princesa Real
    • Dordrecht
    • Wasa
    • Wenden
    • Prinds Christian Frederik
    • Vrijheid
    • Admiraal de Ruyter
    • Christian VII

We don't have a true 90 gun second rate in the game, the gap between the St Pavel and the Victory is too great. The Ingermanland is already in progress to come in game and will fill the 4th rate gap faster than the Wasa.

Wrong there is no gape to Victory.  large two deckers like Pavel and Bucentaure have equal amount or more heavy cannons (32/24/18) than Vic. yet are cheaper and have better performance

We don't have a three-decker 2nd rate, though, and Christian VII's been repeatedly passed over for other ships in previous polls. I'd say it's her time to shine. :P

This was the "gap" I was referring to Mirones.

a smaller one... such as the Venus.

Isn't the Venus a 40 gun? that's barely bigger than a standard 5th rate.

The Trincomalee is smaller than the Constitution and has lighter armament too, that is more of a 4th rate with its 50 guns.

Isn't the Venus a 40 gun? that's barely bigger than a standard 5th rate.

The Trincomalee is smaller than the Constitution and has lighter armament too, that is more of a 4th rate with its 50 guns.

It's 40 guns, gun layout is the following 26 x 24 Pd, 14 x 6 Pd Guns.

• Like 1

We don't always need bigger ships but I do see a need for a "smaller" frigate with a punch capacity as it did historically.

Sure, it's called mounting nothing but carronades on a Cerberus or Cherubim, unless you're talking about a frigate of a similar size that can mount more powerful medium and long guns.

Rally to Christian VII, captains! She needs you!

She's a beautiful ship, but having a better variety of small-medium sized ships keeps the gameplay from getting boring. The big ships are to slow and cumbersome to really be enjoyable.

She's a beautiful ship, but having a better variety of small-medium sized ships keeps the gameplay from getting boring. The big ships are to slow and cumbersome to really be enjoyable.

She is probably the last big ship I will vote for for a while.

Can we get a word on the Christian 7 from the dev team?  It has been in the game files since at least March 10th.  It has 850 crew and can carry up to 42 pounders on the bottom deck.  The asset files have entries for it, though I don't see any textures yet. 

Can we get a word on the Christian 7 from the dev team?  It has been in the game files since at least March 10th.  It has 850 crew and can carry up to 42 pounders on the bottom deck.  The asset files have entries for it, though I don't see any textures yet. 

The gun sizes is just for the euipment tab, go in and check on any other ship and you will have the same gunlayout and 4 decks.

K, but it still shows 850 crew and HP is like 11k per side, so that makes me think it is the Christian VII.

Edit.  Actually, no, the Christian shows deck 4 with 42lbers.  Essex shows deck 2 with 18lbers.  Brig shows deck 1 with 6 lbers.

I would change my vote if it's true. I do remember there was a thread a few months earlier where the Admin asked for suggestions on a 2nd rate. Maybe they chose the Christian at that time.

I thought that they chose Le Bucentaure, since we know she's in development...

Edited by Arvenski

!!

Is the Christian VII already being built!?  Because she is in the game files??

The Christian VII may have been selected in the final poll while being in development (put on standby or not) as Land in battle seems to have been in development for some time while being in the current Development prioritization poll...

K, but it still shows 850 crew and HP is like 11k per side, so that makes me think it is the Christian VII.

Edit.  Actually, no, the Christian shows deck 4 with 42lbers.

Probably a substitute for Danish 36 pdr (Danish pound was heavier than British pound; actually 39 pds).  They really need to add 36 pdr guns to the game, even if they have to go in as "39 pound gun" for consistency.

Essex shows deck 2 with 18lbers.

Essex started with 18 pdrs and then was reduced to historical 12 pdrs.  Old data?