• Princesa Real
    • Dordrecht
    • Wasa
    • Wenden
    • Prinds Christian Frederik
    • Vrijheid
    • Admiraal de Ruyter
    • Christian VII

The devs had to have known someone would eventually find out, because they know I periodically browse them and I can't be the only one.  Why it took me so long is that ever since they went to EA, I haven't been able to figure out how to mod textures anymore and so don't browse as often as I used to.

P.s.  There are dolphin textures in the files now, along with many ships that aren't yet in the game but that are known about.  Christian 7 was a complete surprise for me, but it doesn't yet have textures.  I think we are in for many pleasant surprises.

I just wish they would confirm it, if that is the case, 215 people need to vote for other ships.  Or deny it.  If I am wrong, please say so.  The files point to a ship named Christian that carries 42lbers and 850 crew.  That says 2nd rate to me.

We should shift votes to smaller ship now if were getting a frigate and SOL. ;)

• Like 1

And looks like they gonna add HMS Endymion at some point. Oh my, that is incredible.

Endymoin, Indefatigable, Agamemnon, Rattlesnake, Ingermanland, Ocean, Kepler, Gros Venture, are all ships that I can think of off the top of my head that are in the files but not in game yet.  We still have the Amsterdam that we haven't seen anything of yet as well.

Edit:  I take that back, game files have an Indiaman.

Is the ship Ingermanland in game yet, or is she soon to be launched at sea?

The mods were testing it just prior to EA, along with the Essex and Niagara.

Endymoin, Indefatigable, Agamemnon, Rattlesnake, Ingermanland, Ocean, Kepler, Gros Venture, are all ships that I can think of off the top of my head that are in the files but not in game yet.  We still have the Amsterdam that we haven't seen anything of yet as well.

do you know what ship the kepler is? obviously the name being kepler makes googling for her tricky.

The same question was asked in this thread (About "Project Von Kepler"). 

Mirones quoted the questioneer (Arvenski) and posted the following picture ^.^

4XScreen_31-10-2013_16-21-45.jpg

(Thread in which this picture was posted as a response to the question; What is "Project Von Kepler") ^.^

Edit; Based on the thread in which it was posted i am however guessing that the ship seen on this picture is an old model of the Suprise? 

The same question was asked in this thread (About "Project Von Kepler"). 

Mirones quoted the questioneer (Arvenski) and posted the following picture ^.^

(Thread in which this picture was posted as a response to the question; What is "Project Von Kepler") ^.^

Edit; Based on the thread in which it was posted i am however guessing that the ship seen on this picture is an old model of the Suprise? 

I think that looks like possibly an old model of the surprise, i dont know though.

• Like 1

do you know what ship the kepler is? obviously the name being kepler makes googling for her tricky.

Might have found something.

There is a German treasure hunter named Klauss Keppler who found a trader (used for buccaneering, survivors carried a letter of marque) ship named The Forbes that sunk near Borneo in 1806.

http://lunaticg.blogspot.com/2009/07/treasure-hunting-klaus-keppler.html

https://www.google.nl/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.nr-asia.com/fileadmin/images/bergung/Forbes/Forbes_Ablauf.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwjBxKOdp9XLAhURSJoKHb9cALg4ChAWCCIwBA&usg=AFQjCNFGI0zk3WMo4iOGyMH48WIw49byyQ&sig2=smVRFXwpDBjD4sUsqw7laQ

Edited by Willem van der Decken

i hope there are some people who can vote for some dutch ships like the 

• Admiraal de Ruyter (1808, Dutch 80-gun ship)

because i don t see any dutch ships in the game at the moment

• Like 1

i hope there are some people who can vote for some dutch ships like the 

• Admiraal de Ruyter (1808, Dutch 80-gun ship)

because i don t see any dutch ships in the game at the moment

Dont worry, i am sure we will get some dutch ships in game, and maybe it will be something pretier than the Admiraal de Ruyter(like this one)

Dont worry, i am sure we will get some dutch ships in game, and maybe it will be something pretier than the Admiraal de Ruyter(like this one)

true, but she is not in the sights of the developers i think,

i have never seen talks about it (about Prinses Frederika Louisa Wilhelmina, 1779)

that schip is not nominated to be in the game ,or there is some new  development ,i do not know of

but it would be a good asset to the game 

Edited by Thonys

It isn't just the ships from these polls that make it into the game: the devs pick new ships as well, and I imagine that they've noticed the lack of Dutch (and other) ships in the game right now. What I'm saying is that they might be working on a Dutch ship right now, and we don't know about it. There's also the Amsterdam indiaman, which we do know is in development. 

• Like 1

Which makes it unfortunate that the plans used are from Chapman, instead of one of the many Dutch designs out there.

Is it an indiaman that Chapman designed or did he get it from the Dutch? Wasn't uncommon for shipbuilders to do plans of vessels from other nations.

Which makes it unfortunate that the plans used are from Chapman, instead of one of the many Dutch designs out there.

Do you mean the Amsterdam East Indiaman 1748?

There is a replica laying in the harbour of Amsterdam:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amsterdam_(VOC_ship)

800px_voc_ship_amsterdam.jpg

2185431.jpg

Edited by Willem van der Decken