• Princesa Real
    • Dordrecht
    • Wasa
    • Wenden
    • Prinds Christian Frederik
    • Vrijheid
    • Admiraal de Ruyter
    • Christian VII

well.. the brits abandoned the idea of having 24 pounders on the mid gundeck because the rate of fire was not to be sustained over a long batle.

They "downgraded" back to 18 pound guns in the mid gundecks to keep a good reload rate over a longer period of time..

Gamewise its 24s over 18s. Until crrew changes will affect this dramatically. who knows?.. I dont ;)

Bear in mind Swedish 24 pdrs were typically shorter and lighter, and it looks like the lower gun deck guns were mounted on slides rather than carriages, which would also ease handling of such a relatively heavy armament. However, I find mixed information on Wasa's armament: several sources say 26x 24pdr / 26x 18pdr / 8x 6pdr, another says 36 and 24 pdrs on the gun decks.

• Like 2

Bear in mind Swedish 24 pdrs were typically shorter and lighter, and it looks like the lower gun deck guns were mounted on slides rather than carriages, which would also ease handling of such a relatively heavy armament. However, I find mixed information on Wasa's armament: several sources say 26x 24pdr / 26x 18pdr / 8x 6pdr, another says 36 and 24 pdrs on the gun decks

Both are correct, Wasa carried the 24s/18s after launch, then got the 'upgrade' 3 or 4 years later together with most of the 62-guns Gustoph Adolph-class (there weren´t enough 36-pounders for all ships). And the swedes used traversing slide carriages for all guns above 18-pounders. These required two men less than guns mounted on conventional carriages and were faster to load and aim, but required a lot more maintenance.

I'm not really a big fan of the "modern"looking superfrigates and 3rd rates  so De Ruyter like the Trinc and Consti just look boring IMHO  ,i switched from dordrecht  (we need more 50 to 64 gun ships in game ) to the Christian VII because it looks nice and has a chance of winning the poll.

• Like 2

I was under the assumption that they wouldn't announce a closing date ahead of time; that they'd just close the poll at some point and with no warning, and that we'd just have to hope that our preferred ship was in 1st or 2nd place when it happened.  

Christian VII is just as cool in both regards and fills a better niche than either.

How does it fill a better niche? Christian VII is a 2nd rate, Wasa is a 4th/3rd rate (depending on how you see it) and Venus is a 4th rate.

I agree Christian VII is a cool ship but its a 2nd rate.

I know you have been working on this since before (as you have posted the screenshots in another thread  :P  )

Hope they add it :D

We don't have a true 90 gun second rate in the game, the gap between the St Pavel and the Victory is too great. The Ingermanland is already in progress to come in game and will fill the 4th rate gap faster than the Wasa.

We don't have a true 90 gun second rate in the game, the gap between the St Pavel and the Victory is too great. The Ingermanland is already in progress to come in game and will fill the 4th rate gap faster than the Wasa.

I see your point.