Game-Labs Forum

Duplicating Bellonas

This is BS. What are we testing here? Who can best exploit known exploits the fastest? Or is it exploiting to see who can have the most 1st rates when it comes time to test port battles and give honest feedback on the system? Or is it let's test out how nation/clans ego's trump giving the best testing feedback because we are obviously superior? I at least applaud you for coming out and saying you are doing it compared to the rest of the folks who are but pretending not to. The complaint of recipe drop being too rare really strikes a nerve with me and I'm sure others who have been crafting non stop and have nothing more than a Trader Snow and Navy Brig recipe to show for it....of course we are less worthy because we are not in a big clan/guild/society no doubt. My tolerance of testers, in this small community, knowingly and actively pursuing exploits during testing of a game many of us are passionate about is short. But hey good job you guys are one hell of a classy organization.

Hi,

we are actually spicing up the shipmarket by getting more receipes ingame.

I would love to see more crafted special ships in game, so ppl would care less about their precious little ship and wont run from most pvp.

In ST most ppl went all yolo in pvp, ships were free, so why bother?

Now in OW we have to search for hours to get a suitable ship, buy it at op-price or craft it ourselves. Since OW pvp is more a chase/be chased game, because ppl dont want to lose their dura.

If ships are less scarce we might even get some of the ST courage back.

As mentioned in both former posts, RNG with a small playerbase will reduce chance on receipe spawns.

Therefore more running, are we also testing if that still works?

If sols are supposed to be rare, it is not because of their receipe, but of the huge amount of resources. The irl victory used some 9000 oak logs, the crafting version doesnt even get close to that number.

Cmon guys, get with it and get those receipes

Lets test the breaking up & spawn receipe thing.

Admin already stated that it is allowed as it isnt a rule breaker, so get over your moral pride.

Grtzzz Bubbles

You are joking right? I don't remember Yolo in Sea Trials. What I remember is endless running, kiting and timegreifing so bad that devs had to add the closing circle to force people to fight and rework long range damage.

You are destroying the games economy, ruining test data with this exploiting.

And don't think this is sour grapes because we can't exploit, we've taken Victorys, Bellonas off the Danish, could dupe them all day long. But hey, some of us prefer to play legitimately and not wreck the game.

• Like 4

If the admins let this one slide I would be massively dissapointed. I've spent so long trying to get recipes and still only have the 74 recipe after breaking up 70+ of them

And a lot of others have this bad luck as well.

Now you come here and basically say either you abuse this or get left behind... You should be ashamed of yourself sir.

There is not a single argument you tell us that's not about making yourself feel better about abusing this.

As alex said we captured vics and bellonas from others so we could abuse it.

Yet we don't... Let's hope you feel good when port battles arrive so you can beat people with cheated ships.

That would surely feel like a deserved victory...

• Like 4

I have to confess against my own better jugment i did use this expoited few times yesterday. Get getting carried away by the wish to get a pavel recipe and the feeling of everybody is using it so i can do as well.

But it is most definitely a game breaking event, in multiple ways and i wish now i hadn't taken part i exploiting it.

First thing it is way to easy to abuse, you just need to player and one ship you want too duplicat. It takes you just like 5-7 min to capture the ship, since at the current meta its so easy to capture a same size AI ship.

Here i think is the fault of the admins argument about it not being a exploit, since it is not a fight but just farming AI ships. With it being farming AI it becomes economy breaking: free gold, free parts and free recipes. It also breaks game progression, since you can farm exp at a much high rate then you ever could if you had to look for good fleets in ow.

I will also masks the problem with the recipe drops and distribution since it massivly boost your chances to get recipes.

I think the dev should disable reinforcment till they actually fix it, since its abuse got out of hand.

Edited by balticsailor

i must say, disabled reinforcements! we don't need it and it open many possibilities to manipulate. now we can duplicate rare ships or produce many of them to break up or sell, later some players don't search npc's to level up, they only attack their friends (or second account (2nd steam)). hey and allways it's the right battlerating hehe. reinforcements was a good idea and try but it don't works. so stop it and close it. forget the duplicated ships, who will control it. stop it fast and over....

greetings

Fury

• Like 3

After reading this whole post I have come to the following conclusions:

1. Screwing economy - The whole point of this build was thouroughly check the crafting paths, chances of recipes being dropped, resource bottlenecks etc. How can you test recipe drop rate of high tier ships from crafting, when everyone got them by breaking them down? Then you have only the first guy who got the recipe as a data subject, which is statistically irrelevant.

2. Port Battles - We don't know when and where are they coming. We would have been able to test the natural progression leading to port battles. If devs felt there was a low number of 1st rates and wanted to test behaviour of 1st rates in port battles they could have given us a redeemable. Either based on rank or to everyone, whichever would have worked for them better.

3. Consistency - How is this exploit less harmful then money exploit? Those perpetrators were forced to give up everything they have.

In the way I see this there are three options
1. Give everyone all of the recipes - which means we are done with the testing of crafting;
2. Wipe - this will make perpetrators very popular;
3. Targeted wipe of perpetrators.

For me personally I am very curious about the stand the devs take with this issue. I hope my suspicions, why is this one being let slide will be proven incorrect.

Edited by marecek05
  • Like 3

Im more annoyed by the fact ive seen 4 seperate examples of this dupping in the last 2 days.  Battles of 3 ships @ 900 br vs 1 ship at 35br....doesnt take a genius to figure out whats going on.  it annoys me that those are players im missing out on the option to attack....yarrrrrr

Do you mean you can't enter that battle during the first 10 mins?

First, the second Open World was introduced to the players, the Admins began violating their own rules of exploit. It was very irritating to see things (farming damage) dealt harshly with in sea trials but given a thumbs up in Open World. It was very schizophrenic of them and confusing if not irritating for us. 

Perhaps you should watch your language Sir? We were always clear about everything and our positions. 

• Like 1

i must say, disabled reinforcements! we don't need it and it open many possibilities to manipulate. now we can duplicate rare ships or produce many of them to break up or sell, later some players don't search npc's to level up, they only attack their friends (or second account (2nd steam)). hey and allways it's the right battlerating hehe. reinforcements was a good idea and try but it don't works. so stop it and close it. forget the duplicated ships, who will control it. stop it fast and over....

greetings

Fury

The issue with rare ships spawning is fixed in the internal version.

Reinforcement ships will only come from those available for bots.

Drop chance when breaking up the ship will depend on the number of durabilities. In the future it can be modified by the crafting level. 

Other issues will be addressed here in writing after patch is rolled out. Don't have time to write a detailed answer today. 

• Like 6

Well it's very good that it's gonna get fixed. But people are abusing this so hard that honest players are falling behind weeks worth of progress. This is completely unacceptable and promotes abusing broken game mechanics for personal gains. Am I crazy for not logging in right now and exploit this as much as I can before the patch? It's looking very tempting with the way this threat is being handled.

If such an exploit would become available when the game is already launched I sincerely hope you review your exploiting policy by then.

• Like 6

Right now, we have to adopt a tester's view, not a player's one. The issue will be fixed. Great. That's all that matters. Right now, current exploiters don't seem to be a threat for NA development (from devs' view). Great. I don't want devs to waste their time with what seems to be a solved issue.

• Like 1

A tester view doens t mean that everything is permitted and you can act without respect our little community.

People's behavior can have the same effect than insult, and this is what we need to avoid here.

Unfortunatly some people doesn t care about the consequences of their acts on the thin balance in the server, provoking desapointed and feeling of injustice.

Thanks for that.

• Like 1

Right now, we have to adopt a tester's view, not a player's one. The issue will be fixed. Great. That's all that matters. Right now, current exploiters don't seem to be a threat for NA development (from devs' view). Great. I don't want devs to waste their time with what seems to be a solved issue.

I am sorry, but I have to disagree, due to the reasons outlined in my post. Fixing the exploit pro futuro is the no. 1 priority. Good.

But it is undisputable that the testing opportunities were diminished, by obtaining end game items by a sizeable proportion of players by a way that they were not meant to obtained. It is also undisputable that balance between players was diminished, which when achieved by extremely unsavoury means does not benefit the whole population of players/testers.

The reaction of devs to this issue has been extremely lenient so far, especially when compared to previous cases of players/testers using exploits for personal gains. The issue is that this in my view is the most serious of the exploits we have encountered so far, but this point is debatable.

Devs said they need to finish some other stuff first and then will respond to this thread. Fair enough, I understand and concurr that there are propably other more pressing priorities, but I am of the opinion that this issue has to be dealt with.

• Like 1

Well my poll to gauge a good community view on this issue was closed pretty quick, something doesn't feel right to me

This is testing, not the full game.  It will all be wiped.  I am guessing the devs got all they need for this iteration of the crafting patch and perhaps have already made changes based upon recipe drops, resources, etc. I don't know, I am just thinking out loud.  Right now they are clearly more worried about and focused on other things.  Remember, they are 10 people and are still trying to get major new content in the game.  It is fixed for game release, and they are probably devoting their resources and time to the end of 2015 for EA that they stated.

• Like 3

Well my poll to gauge a good community view on this issue was closed pretty quick, something doesn't feel right to me

10. Redundant threads will be locked.

Please use search find information you want to discuss. A lot of threads on the same subject delay the development and wastes resources causing lots of good ideas to be lost. Please keep discussions regarding a topic to a single thread.

There is no reason to create multiple threads. This is a topic to discuss anything related to the subject.

There is no reason to create multiple threads. This is a topic to discuss anything related to the subject.

This was a tribunal topic and a discussion on this thread that i have commented on a few times, my theory with creating the poll would have made it easier to get a full picture of the communities view that would have brought a better decision to the case or matter as such since you are quite busy, it was the only other topic about this issue that i could find but its fine you want it kept here so u can keep an eye on it, i just thought it would of helped, just seemed strange that other exploits got accounts wiped and this seems to be getting swept under the rug IMO

• Like 1

Yes, wipe will erase it all in a few months.  But really, we need to stop with this exploit.  Admin told me on October 12th the exploit was fixed in the dev build and is coming next patch.  I think a patch is coming this week or next but that is just a rumor/guess.

Another possible exploit is this:  1 player with 5 durability Constitution.  Go into battle, capture another ship.  Release the Constitution.  Teammate captures the Constitution, breaks it up for recipe chance, repeat 4 more times.  Build another Constitution, repeat.

In my eyes this is really not an exploit, you lose ships, and have chance of gaining nothing...

So you have no point here (but thats my opinion ofcourse)

In my eyes this is really not an exploit, you lose ships, and have chance of gaining nothing...

So you have no point here (but thats my opinion ofcourse)

i agree, this is not a exploit it is simply a side effect and problem with having the 5 durabilities system.