Game-Labs Forum

Duplicating Bellonas

I would like to report Wolf13, Andrey1111, Serg Factor, Klava Pupkina, Yarl Tsero, and BOBA KOT for exploiting a game mechanic to duplicate a ship.

We had discussed this in the Tattered Flags TeamSpeak earlier in the week when someone else came across it.  I am uncertain if it has been reported as a bug, however, by my understanding, an exploit is where you use the mechanics of the game as they are not intended.  Here, a fleet of large ships will all jump something smaller, so that NPCs spawn in to protect.  The smaller "tagged" vessel who is in on this then leaves the game, allowing those players to capture the NPC ships.  This is a particularly egregious exploit, in my view, as non-basic ships are not supposed to be captured off of NPCs, in order to further test crafting (by my understanding).  Here, the players are deliberately circumventing the crafting process and are exploiting a game mechanic for their own uses.

If they have reported this bug, one might think this serves as a cloak to protect themselves, however after reporting it they should not be doing it over and over again in order to "keep testing it to make sure it's still there."  I wager logs could be looked at to verify this is in fact what is happening.

Here, not only are they taking away from the development of the game (as we are here to test it for ultimate release), they are then using their gains for their own personal ends.  Screenshots attached.

post-92-0-99418200-1445776833_thumb.png

post-92-0-84163400-1445776841_thumb.png

• Like 4

I have to aggree with sanchez here.

Although i fully understand and comprehent the issue at hand, i hardly doubt that it is a case for the tribunal.

There are several ways to abuse the reinforcement system.

One is to attack a frigate with 2 Belle Poules, forcing 1 additional frigate to spawn in.

If you attack a player, as is the case here, the frigate wont duplicate, but it will spawn in a copy of the attacker (i.e. another belle poule)

I don't really see a difference between 'abusing' the reinforcement system to get additional frigates in, and 'abusing' the reinforcement system to get additional Bellona's in.

As sanchez kindly put it: 'It is a problem involving the reinforcements, the battle rating and combat mechanics.
And I think it should be discussed as such, in a calm manner and without accusing fingers, to improve among all that aspect of the game.
'

• Like 6

Laying it out plainly does not preclude calmness. There are two issues at hand here: One is that there is a bug that needs to be resolved. The other is that there are people exploiting the bug for personal gain. The latter is cause for the tribunal post, while the former can be addressed at the same time.

• Like 2

This was reported by players and captains on the list were reporting this as well. We clarified the position that it takes time to sink the reinforcing enemy and thus is is no different from sinking an NPC at sea.

Spawning rare ships by means of reinforcement

This is already fixed in the forthcoming patch

Spawning common ships to capture them

It is no different from attacking a solo bellona.

It puts you at risk on the open world and if you are the enemy player you can enter that battle and use this to your advantage.

Stronger BR attack defense difference control that will be added before port battles will partially solve this problem.

But there is nothing we can do to stop players from using legitimate mechanics in unintended ways. Weaker ships can ask for reinforcement  - It is not an exploit - you will spend same amount of time sinking or capturing similar ship in the open world.

• Like 5

Let me just clarify I have understood this correctly.

Players A enter a battle against a smaller AI vessel, Player B (who is in contact with Players A) enters the side of the AI. Due to Players A having a much larger combined BR, the side of the AI and Player B compensates by calling in re-enforcements to match ships of either Players A or Player B. Players A then capture said ships, either for experience or for a duplicate ship.

Obviously it is an intended game mechanic to prevent stacking of teams, but can be abused to produce additional ships. Admin are you saying there is nothing you can do about this, and will not punish those who do it? If that is the case, farming xp will be a hell of a lot easier.

Saw 2 danes with first rates today, since almost no one has the victory recipe yet and they have 2 in 1 day, perhaps more makes me think they duplicated it aswell

Especially since they already duplicated their bellonas. If they keep abusing this I think there should be a punishment. Although I'm not 100% sure they duplicated these vics.

But I wouldn't be surprised if they abused this mechanic again.

Saw 2 danes with first rates today, since almost no one has the victory recipe yet and they have 2 in 1 day, perhaps more makes me think they duplicated it aswell

Especially since they already duplicated their bellonas. If they keep abusing this I think there should be a punishment. Although I'm not 100% sure they duplicated these vics.

But I wouldn't be surprised if they abused this mechanic again.

Well we actually have someone with a Victory recipie...

Well that's a kick in the teeth for anyone whose invested 100hrs+ into testing the crafting system and building ships to help their nation...

Hey, it's all pointless because people are using an exploit to dupe dozens of top tier supposedly rare ships and devs are fine with this?!

Accounts got wiped over a much lesser crime (duping gold, which barely even matters because 1) it's so easy to make money legitimately, 2) there's no real advantage in having more cash than you can use). This completely breaks the econ system, there's no point even trying unless you are prepared to exploit.

• Like 5

I think they don't care Alex because there is a fix in the next patch and that patch is coming soon. At least I hope thats why they don't care.

Its also just a bunch of one dura ships that no one really wants to sail into a Port Battle with all their exceptional mods installed. I for one will still be buying 5 dura ships. The only thing going for the duplicating of ships is finding a strong fleeting ship.

• Like 2

The only mitigating factor here is that all these cloned 1st/2nd rates will be wiped before release.

But if exploits like this get tolerated post release 1) game gets a bad reputation, and 2) devs will end up having to wipe the server pretty quickly, which is a fantastic way to launch a game...

Surely admin's post meant "we're ok with it this once because you reported it but don't exploit again"? Not "go crazy exploiting"?

• Like 2

I think they don't care Alex because there is a fix in the next patch and that patch is coming soon. At least I hope thats why they don't care.

Its also just a bunch of one dura ships that no one really wants to sail into a Port Battle with all their exceptional mods installed. I for one will still be buying 5 dura ships. The only thing going for the duplicating of ships is finding a strong fleeting ship.

More of an issue of breaking down those 1 dura ships for a shortcut to the crafting recipes.

• Like 1

It's not because it's gonna get fixed that you are allowed to abuse this.

I think those ships should be erased from their accounts tbh.

It's not fair that they exploit and keep their ships after the fix.

And it's very bad atm because not a lot of people have these ships.

This means honest people only have a couple of first rates in the fleet while the exploiters have an entire fleet of them.

K you lose them when they sink but they have such a powercreep that they shouldn't have doing things without exploiting.

• Like 1

Spawning rare ships by means of reinforcement, Exploit.

As I understand it, and has been clearly stated by the Devs concerning known and reported Exploits.

The initial report and testing is allowed, however the continuous use of the exploit is an offence.

If these Russian 'Danes' are still using the exploit and the Admins will have evidence, then I am sure the Admins will deal with this harshly to show that exploiting known bugs is strongly discouraged!

We await the tribunal and admins conclusions.

• Like 2

More of an issue of breaking down those 1 dura ships for a shortcut to the crafting recipes.

Thats a big issue, practically cheating the system to take an advantage, most games take a harsh look on them, if it was found accidentally and reported and not used then i don't see an issue but if found then continued use of such exploits in game should result in a reset, as we are only in testing phase i guess admin is stepping back but then they reset gold and alt toon farming so i guess they cant be harsh on one and not the other.

Spawning rare ships by means of reinforcement, Exploit.

As I understand it, and has been clearly stated by the Devs concerning known and reported Exploits.

The initial report and testing is allowed, however the continuous use of the exploit is an offence.

If these Russian 'Danes' are still using the exploit and the Admins will have evidence, then I am sure the Admins will deal with this harshly to show that exploiting known bugs is strongly discouraged!

We await the tribunal and admins conclusions.

read this twice

This was reported by players and captains on the list were reporting this as well. We clarified the position that it takes time to sink the reinforcing enemy and thus is is no different from sinking an NPC at sea.

Spawning rare ships by means of reinforcement

This is already fixed in the forthcoming patch

Spawning common ships to capture them

It is no different from attacking a solo bellona.

It puts you at risk on the open world and if you are the enemy player you can enter that battle and use this to your advantage.

Stronger BR attack defense difference control that will be added before port battles will partially solve this problem.

But there is nothing we can do to stop players from using legitimate mechanics in unintended ways. Weaker ships can ask for reinforcement - It is not an exploit - you will spend same amount of time sinking or capturing similar ship in the open world.

Besides the question of this being legal or illegal by admin statements, to me its a clear exploit and a clear hint to the mindset of the exploiters. Good to have them in while testing. Best, Allons!

Its good to find them but they have reset previous exploiters why is this 1 any different?

• Like 1

as testers we are here to break the game,

some people are here playing not testing and crying over nothing

it's alpha no one is getting an advantage over anyone else. 

everything means nothing until going live 

good job finding a loop hole