Game-Labs Forum

Petition to rename this game to All vs British

Aviac64

I'm glad you had no problems blockading Harry hopefully your countrymen will have the same feeling around English harbour, personally I spent a long time feeling unable to leave port in a 1 dura ship with so many Brits outside, it's a risky business don't ya know...

notice how I say we were there for a day, one day, now we are no were near there and your still scared? plus all day I was there, with the total company of 3 other guys at max.

Also steel, you say that and yet ally yourself with a group that openly does it ;) maybe not to lynx's but from what I have heard, brigs and up are a valid target.

I was talking just about that particular day and there was more than 3 ,but it matters not anyway in the long run as it isn't t really thread opener anyway just an inconvenience which is why I said you reap what you sow.

You basically cannot complain about something you do yourself. What you do does not only affect your clan it also affects the nation you sail for.

I honestly think that anyone in a lynx should be left alone-unless you are in a lynx. I am guilty of bringing a navy brig in an all lynx battle the other day bc I thought the enemy was many more than it was. It was a little shameful (for me) and I quickly went to port and gathered up a lynx. 

On the other hand, if you a Lynx that's trying to escape by running downwind, you might as well tag him and teach him how to run away properly. The newbs need to learn about the Stay Alive button on that thing.

Ive seen plenty of yanks running down Lynxs. Im going to start screenshotting it.

Please do.  Because if it happens, it's not TDA, I assure you.  No one in our group is "hunting" Lynxes.

In all honesty-unless u are in a lynx and u are tagging another lynx----you are wasting your own time and his. Hopefully all the "newbs" realize they can outrun any ship by sailing a 90 degree angle to the wind. I still say in the long run, ignore lynx. Let them do what they need to do. If they do attack you, give it a go. Then again...in a basic lynx-you dont have shit to lose! So attack everyone and get some xp as a lynx. Figure out how to outmanuever people while you are in a lynx. Its sort of a right of passage, puberty on the seas

There are a few US players in the Leeward Islands who attack Lynxes.  And guess what, they are in fore-and-aft vessels.

It hasn't been me recently.

What is funny, is that when one of these players (I think Neverlucky - in a fore-and-aft vessel) attacks 3 Lynxes, he gets accused of ganking by them.  When he attacks them when they have a surprise with them, he is STILL accused of ganking them.

People need to HTFU and stop crying.  This is Naval Action, not some Disney Princess computer game.

If you don't want to be attacked, play Neutral.  Go play pve to your heart's content.

And if small ships are going to join our battles and farm damage off us, watch out.  Farming is against the rules and is a banable offense so don't complain if you are fired upon.  We can and will sink you if you fire on us.  Yesterday a Navy Brig joined one of our battles.  We fired a couple of broadsides into him and he asked if he could leave.  We let him.

People who are respectful will be let go if they are way outclassed.  People who aren't earn their way into being sunk and attacked no matter what ship they are in.  There are several unaffiliated British players who are not respectful and whine a lot.  They get sunk because of it.  Those who are respectful are let go if they are outclassed by several tiers.  There are a lot of respectful British players who are let go quite often.

• Like 8

There are a few US players in the Leeward Islands who attack Lynxes.  And guess what, they are in fore-and-aft vessels.

It hasn't been me recently.

What is funny, is that when one of these players (I think Neverlucky - in a fore-and-aft vessel) attacks 3 Lynxes, he gets accused of ganking by them.  When he attacks them when they have a surprise with them, he is STILL accused of ganking them.

People need to HTFU and stop crying.  This is Naval Action, not some Disney Princess computer game.

If you don't want to be attacked, play Neutral.  Go play pve to your heart's content.

And if small ships are going to join our battles and farm damage off us, watch out.  Farming is against the rules and is a banable offense so don't complain if you are fired upon.  We can and will sink you if you fire on us.  Yesterday a Navy Brig joined one of our battles.  We fired a couple of broadsides into him and he asked if he could leave.  We let him.

People who are respectful will be let go if they are way outclassed.  People who aren't earn their way into being sunk and attacked no matter what ship they are in.  There are several unaffiliated British players who are not respectful and whine a lot.  They get sunk because of it.  Those who are respectful are let go if they are outclassed by several tiers.  There are a lot of respectful British players who are let go quite often.

I think a small ship joining a battle between his country and another and then shooting at the ships of the other country could hardly be accused of "farming" - bigger ships are simply much easier to hit.

And your requirement that a person kiss the ring and "be respectful" before you will treat them right is IMHO - a rather sad twist on the concept of "Noblesse Oblige" - as the more experienced and "leveled up" player you should just let them go, no matter what they say or do.

Reminds me of what schoolyard bullies do - they feint like they are going to hit you and if you flinch - that's their excuse for then actually hitting you.

31H2%2BvtaedL.jpg

You're better than that Prater, You're better than that TDA ....

And your requirement that a person kiss the ring and "be respectful" before you will treat them right is IMHO - a rather sad twist on the concept of "Noblesse Oblige" - as the more experienced and "leveled up" player you should just let them go, no matter what they say or do.

"Noblesse oblige" is that :

1) Never attack a lower-tier ship,

2) If a lower-tier ship attacks you, alert her to the danger (by chat or by one or two broadsides)

3) Then if she understands and tries to flee, let her go. If not, she wants to fight and you're entitled to sink her.

But if she tries to flee again (after damages) or ask to, let her go.

That is : always give the weak the opportunity to flee. 

Edited by LeBoiteux
  • Like 3

I saw I big battle and decided to throw my nbrig into it. I shot at 1st rates until I took a fair amount of damage and disengaged. where I would normally get about 1100 gold, I got nearly 5000 from shooting player SOL's.

it works both ways

In that phase of early development its for me not important if one nation is able to get friends... or foes if those momentary interests are to test the foundation of functionality in entire PvP battles. Its for my intension still not a game only testable early game mechanisms with sure (and thats a must be) functional gaming-models.... the ships which can be used, also still not finished in their functionality and the gameplatform. But its really today not more.

What the hack now about weak nations or more powerfull? In three months NA still won't be a 'round' game.......

Edited by Theuerdank
  • Like 1

After thinking more on this subject, i came to the conclusion theres no good reason for 1)a brig class or larger to attack a lynx bc they arent going to get shit out of it. Not much xp or gold. And 2)Theres not good reason for a lynx to attack a brig class or larger because with 4 or 6 lbers you're probably not going to do any kind of damage to level up. There are exceptions to this rule but its a simple concept of not being a dick and wasting peoples time. Having said that, in earlier stages of ow we all may have thought it was proper to destroy an enemy ship no matter what they were sailing. Break the enemy morale right from the get go and show them who owns the sea. We were all guilty of this but i think we have grown as a community (so to speak) to have matured beyond this. Our goal in the long run should be to help as many players get acquainted to the open world so we can test and come up with a conclusion of how the final product should be assembled. As a necessary evil, we need guys who naturally look for easy exploits so they may be quelled. Im not looking for disneyland here but u have to remember that we are still testing. Lets finish the job we set out to do when we signed up for "beta", quit unnecessary ganking and bitching and just get the job done.

• Like 1

Let me get facts straight:

-> We cannot capture ports in the OW.

-> We cannot blockade enemy ports for any good reason.

-> Lynxes outrun anythin other than another lynx.

-> I didnt see any player initiating an attack on lowbies in this night's actions.

conclution:

Sinking the capital's port defense is doing no harm to anyone right now. Players can farm XP and gold but other than that there is no other consequence in sinking those fleets. No drawback whatsoever.

Griefing is to attack a player with the sole porpose to run and waste his time. This can be brought to Trial btw.

Next time bevore you start harrasing a big fleet via griefs in lynxes you better ask what the intentions are.

You must have seen that the players involved wanted to farm the fleets. Nothing more or less.

In te future there might employ a sort of codex or maybe even a ruleset which prohibits this kind of behavior.

As it stands in the current test iteration the "attacking" fleet which was on a AI Hunt did nothing wrong.

But the ppl who started griefing should be aware that this is something which can be brought to trial.

note:

I am not speaking as mod in this situation.

I was involved and wont judge the cause.

This is what I think of the whole situation.

In the future ,as said, there may be an agreement to not attack the ai outside of capitals.

• Like 1

Seeing what can be pulled off against the most powerful port defense fleets is an interesting area to test. Likewise, people accusing a certain brit of griefing because he was trying to prevent or complicate attacking those fleets are also off base. He was just testing the other side of the coin (but said person should not whine about gettting sunk). I think we've shown that these fleets are pretty much useless as a deterrent due to a number of mechanics and AI behavior, except that they do make it pretty much pointless to attack an individual player (which is why no one is attacking players right outside the capital).

Also, to players in Lynxes: you have nothing to lose. If a player attacks you they are doing you a favor:

-you are getting a primo chance to earn gold and XP

-you will likely get more gold and XP than they will if you get in close and do some damage (pro-tip: use your first 1000 gold to buy carronades)

-you have a good opportunity to learn and practice against another player. Players believing they should farm AI until they have a Santissima to PvP in is ruining what little game we have.

-again, you have absolutely nothing to lose. Once you are down to 1 durability point, take your cannons off, sell lynx, buy another lynx for 0 gold.

The big question is why does SLRN not come defend the honor of their poor capital defense fleets and provide psychological reassurance to players in Lynxes who have absolutely nothing to lose? ;)

• Like 2

Let me get facts straight:

-> We cannot capture ports in the OW.

-> We cannot blockade enemy ports for any good reason.

-> Lynxes outrun anythin other than another lynx.

-> I didnt see any player initiating an attack on lowbies in this night's actions.

conclution:

Sinking the capital's port defense is doing no harm to anyone right now. Players can farm XP and gold but other than that there is no other consequence in sinking those fleets. No drawback whatsoever.

Griefing is to attack a player with the sole porpose to run and waste his time. This can be brought to Trial btw.

Next time bevore you start harrasing a big fleet via griefs in lynxes you better ask what the intentions are.

You must have seen that the players involved wanted to farm the fleets. Nothing more or less.

In te future there might employ a sort of codex or maybe even a ruleset which prohibits this kind of behavior.

As it stands in the current test iteration the "attacking" fleet which was on a AI Hunt did nothing wrong.

But the ppl who started griefing should be aware that this is something which can be brought to trial.

note:

I am not speaking as mod in this situation.

I was involved and wont judge the cause.

This is what I think of the whole situation.

In the future ,as said, there may be an agreement to not attack the ai outside of capitals.

Again with the threats for the Lynx player to "mind his manners" and not "bother" the "big boys" while they farm ........

1. If you attack my capitol - I should flee, to attack you back is "griefing" ----- cumon man.

2. Primo chance to earn gold and XP - while showing bravery and vigor ----- The best of the seafaring tradition.

3. Don't complain about "lack" of PvP if you are going to spend all your time in your personal "uber-fleet" farming Capitol Defense fleets complaining when attacked by real players!

I play Spanish atm like you Bungeelemming - but you must show honor to your enemies to expect honor back! Especially the honor of letting them die like men! ;)

Oh please, as a French player, I have several times been chased by (and engaged by) English fleets of 7+ Lynx's to my single Lynx or Yacht.

A couple of times I was able to blast their sails and make my escape, a couple of times I died. It was fun, if a little frustrating :-)

We also had a French Lynx fleet vs English yacht fleet action the other day that an English Conti joined... to much bloodshed.

But we French just gave off some GFs, ran away, and rearmed.

Personally, if someone is giving it back to you, good on them :-P 

I smile when I say this: The English made themselves a reputation. You reap what you sow.

• Like 1

only problem is that they are stuck with the outpost at EH

Outposts are so incredibly cheap right now, you can earn enough to open another one with one or two battles in a Lynx. I'll add that you don't actually need an Outpost in an area to hunt there, you just can't easily send back prizes - and with the current earning system, it's pretty useless to take prizes for gold anyhow when you get just as much gold, if not more, and far more XP by sinking them outright. The argument that they don't have an outpost somewhere else falls pretty flat. :)

Again with the threats for the Lynx player to "mind his manners" and not "bother" the "big boys" while they farm ........

1. If you attack my capitol - I should flee, to attack you back is "griefing" ----- cumon man.

2. Primo chance to earn gold and XP - while showing bravery and vigor ----- The best of the seafaring tradition.

3. Don't complain about "lack" of PvP if you are going to spend all your time in your personal "uber-fleet" farming Capitol Defense fleets complaining when attacked by real players!

I play Spanish atm like you Bungeelemming - but you must show honor to your enemies to expect honor back!

1. No. If you choose not to flee, but instead engage a force of superior ships, you don't have the right to claim you got ganked any more. You'll get melted, you'll sink, and you can come right back out and do so again. :)

2. Exactly, especially if you're in a disposable ship. Fine, get in there and get melted.

3. Nobody in TDA especially minds being attacked by a half dozen Lynx, again, they mind those Lynx doing so and then complaining that they're getting ganked or then being rude in chat.

I was waylaid by a French player twice in 10 minutes, he in a Trincomalee, myself in a Cerberus. Both times when he sank me, I remained good natured in chat and then decided to shift my hunting grounds to someplace a little less dangerous. It's part of the game that you'll run into superior forces, fight hard and learn from it. If you keep getting sunk outside your outpost, go somewhere else, it's a huge ocean out there.

• Like 3