Game-Labs Forum

Petition to rename this game to All vs British

Aviac64

Here's what it's been like for the British today. Almost every single other faction coming to our capital and ganking our players and farming our AI, with no recourse. Not to mention they're actually teaming up, not attacking each other. Here, have a look.

Attached small images because of size restriction

post-13336-0-44225100-1435445128_thumb.jpg

post-13336-0-24451300-1435445129_thumb.jpg

post-13336-0-55758300-1435445129_thumb.jpg

post-13336-0-84306800-1435445129_thumb.jpg

post-13336-0-14562700-1435445130_thumb.jpg

post-13336-0-43408000-1435445130_thumb.jpg

post-13336-0-72082600-1435445130_thumb.jpg

Edited by Aviac64
  • Like 4

The world nations fear the might of the British Empire and its Navy. They try to crush our new captains and dishearten them into quitting or re-rolling.

Do not worry a smidgen. This is testing and either cope with the challenge, move to new hunting grounds or by all means re-roll. Enjoy the testing period and have fun. feedback all of those annoying F11 bugs, that is what this period of testing is about.

Only your true metal will be needed when the final release goes live, at that point we will all be Ensign's in Lynx's and re-rolling our toons. I hope we will be given a decent grace period to retain our player names.

• Like 1

Unfortunatley their target is the SLRN but they just engage all which is understandable, but pretty low, seeing as everyone said people starting in lynx's are not going to be fair game, but now that the players are in surprises at M&C they have to fight off a conn and 6 1st rates.

No one is engaging British players around English Harbour that are in Lynxes.  Of those known to be in the area, their intention is to farm AI at the port.  If British players enter the battle of their own volition, then of course I'm sure they are being sunk...

• Like 1

No one is engaging British players around English Harbour that are in Lynxes.  Of those known to be in the area, their intention is to farm AI at the port.  If British players enter the battle of their own volition, then of course I'm sure they are being sunk...

Of course not lynxes, no one engages lynxes anyway lol. I'm talking about anyone in a ship bigger than a privateer

well I guess it could be seen as a kind of, blockade.......

well, that could be solved if there were more large AI fleets sailing the Open Seas instead of just parked in front of major ports...

If you're looking for gold and XP, unfortunately the most reliable place to get it right now is in front of home ports.

Indeed, and if it was the SLRN you were attacking, I would understand, however these guys are innocent by standards to what you are punishing them for, I understand engaging them as valid targets, but if you want an engagement with the SLRN, come get us.

I want to highlight some things:

I often go to english harbor to fight the big AI fleets that are in front of the british capital, however, i NEVER fight players that arent in SOL's. (sometimes the ocasional constitution)

When players, lynx's, join the battle, i dont engage them until they start to engage me.

Not a single 'gank' has occured today in my pressence.

Whilst fighting some AI in the aeria, some brits however, resorted to some unpopular tactics:

Untitled4.png

As mentioned, we dont attack low ranked players, but several players attack us, dragging others in and we get shit for 'attacking brits'.

Untitled5.png

As much as you might dislike our presence, we dont target your players, just your AI.

Edited by SteelSandwich
  • Like 1

I heard a number of times of small "fleets" of British Lynx engaging our large ships in recent days.  If you're going to attack our forces, we have to respond, our Captain's can't and won't just sit there and get shot up.  That said, not every American in those waters is necessarily TDA, just as not every British player in those waters is SLRN.  It is a hot spot just now, however, sailing just a tad south gives you waters that are full of smaller French ships to prey upon.  Please avoid attacking large American ships when you're not looking for a fight and it's pretty likely you'll be just fine - assuming they're TDA.

• Like 1

I understand that you don't steel, I also know a few other dutch players that don't, but the people you asociate yourself with, well they do, going off the global chat, every time someone gets into a surprise they last 5 minutes before a speed modded conn appears and gunns them down.

The problem, Steel is that we don't know that you won't attack non-SOLs, leaving everyone in the port afraid to go out of it, feeling trapped. And also this is not fully true on the US as a whole, there are players who come to farm AI and will go off and attack a much smaller ship.

The problem, Steel is that we don't know that you won't attack non-SOLs, leaving everyone in the port afraid to go out of it, feeling trapped. And also this is not fully true on the US as a whole, there are players who come to farm AI and will go off and attack a much smaller ship.

Yeah, it looks and feels like port camping.  For the most part, we really weren't camping but I get that might not have been apparent especially to the newer players.  Capitol bot fleet farming is the FOTM at the moment though so probably best for all the lower level players to move away from the capitols as soon as they can.

That said, I suppose a brand new player is kind of tied there given it's their only outpost.  So it is a bit of a conundrum...

I can confirm the British blockade of fort royal was indeed frustrating for the French as one of the lower populated nations and did indeed put off some newbies,it also wasted good playing time unable to leave port while the Brits farmed to their hearts content.

I suspect you can't have it both ways.

• Like 1

I honestly think that anyone in a lynx should be left alone-unless you are in a lynx. I am guilty of bringing a navy brig in an all lynx battle the other day bc I thought the enemy was many more than it was. It was a little shameful (for me) and I quickly went to port and gathered up a lynx. 

• Like 1

Well personaly I was in most these big battles and both in a lynx and a yacht. One for getting in battle and I know it will yeld me good XP and Gold to be in this battle and nail the big ships a bit.

You sat out there for a fair bit but I just thought it were fun as it for me just helped me as I didnt have to hunt these pesky brigs which really dont yeld that much as these battles did.

• Like 2

I'm glad you had no problems blockading Harry hopefully your countrymen will have the same feeling around English harbour, personally I spent a long time feeling unable to leave port in a 1 dura ship with so many Brits outside, it's a risky business don't ya know...

I honestly think that anyone in a lynx should be left alone-unless you are in a lynx. I am guilty of bringing a navy brig in an all lynx battle the other day bc I thought the enemy was many more than it was. It was a little shameful (for me) and I quickly went to port and gathered up a lynx. 

+1

I detest people breaking the spirits of new players.

I think most of the dutch captains are familiar with that kind of behaviour arround oranjestad. Several times swedes have ravaged the new player base of the dutch.

I also think that every dutch captain, that has grown under the guidance of the dutch antilies squadron, knows that they just have to give a shout and the cavalery will sail home.

I am not denying that the behaviour itself is disgusting on a new level, but as the 'big guys' of your nation you have some responsibility as well.

Are you not able to destroy the 'evil-demons' outside of port, take your guys to a remote aeria where they can level in peace.