Game-Labs Forum

Petition to rename this game to All vs British

Aviac64

the only reason we went in the end to the capitol ai since get starte geting pissed off by an single Brit that keept taging us and run away without firing a shot that went on for like 1h30min at around 1h a fleet of lynxes apeared and joined the "fun" the main reason for the AI fleet farming in the end was so that there migth be some actual action this evening for us.

over all i am highly disapointed that people acuse of of ganking and blockading lowbies after all we where not to 100% in speed fittet connies. 

a lynx player,  is able to see the BR information before joining a battle. Therefore, any large battle going on infront of the British Captital can be avoided if you check those BR.If you decide to go in anyway, then sure as hell, it cannot be ganking and not the fault of the players that started the battle against fleet AI, regardless of nation.

Blockading the port can be frustrating, but escpecially in a lynx you should have a decent chance to get out of the area when all other big boys are fighting your AI fleets. If you go in anyway, then if you do get shot , i dont think they have the right to complain about being ganked. 

Also some have stated, and that when they get pulled into a battle, they most likely will not be the most valuable targets. Once again a good chance to get out of the battle.

Blocking a port was meaningless and it was downright bullying. But since the introduction of protective AI fleets near capitals, ''Blocking'' was given a meaning, and it is rewarded with gold and xp.

Offcourse newer players will be scared to go out, but the veterans could come back and protect the capital. Take them to another safe location because someone already explained that opening a new outpost does not need alot of gold.

You cannot regulate the behaviour of the players, but the developpers can regulate the behaviour of the protective AI fleets. And that is the most important point of discussion i think in this topic.

Regards,

Konali

Edited by Konali89
  • Like 1

Brits have nothing to complain about.  You have the numbers.  That is why the other sides have to team up.  Case in point:

That was quite a frightening experience, the only people who came out of that with their game client intact were the brave Basic Lynxes who defended with all their will and durability.

Here's what it's been like for the British today. Almost every single other faction coming to our capital and ganking our players and farming our AI, with no recourse. Not to mention they're actually teaming up, not attacking each other. Here, have a look.

Attached small images because of size restriction

Give me 10 minutes in-game. And I'll post pictures of other players sailing around Dutch capital. This show's us that every player encounters other players around their ports. I'm pretty sure this is working as intended. ;)

I've been in many EH encounters. And not once was our fleet there to engage actual Players. A lot of the combined/allied fleet force at EH is simply do to the fact that there is no other place in the current OW that offers consistence fleets of those sizes to engage. 

Any new British (Nation) player reading this should now know that, the enemy fleet outside their capital is not there to "gank" them. And can simply be avoided. Here's a step-by-step on how to avoid 

1) While in Port press  "  Sail  "

2) Once outside, click on all  " Combat "  markers.

3) If the " Battle Rank " is suspiciously high, do NOT enter.

4) If you're outside your Capitals port. And see large scale battles happening. Open your National chat window.

5) Inform your Nation that there are large player fleets outside your capital AI hunting. And inquire if anyone would like to "Teleport" back to their home port and plan for an attack.

6) If no one of your Nation is willing to muster up a group. Sail away and look for your own AI fights.

7) Or test your luck/skills and enter that large scale battle outside your port. (But do NOT complain afterwards when/if you're sunk)

8) If you entered a large scale player battle by mistake. Open the Battle chat to ALL. And ask if you can Leave safely. Most people will comply. Simply sail away from the combat. And Leave once able.

I realize this list is fairly basic and straight forward. And that is intentional! ;)

Simply put, its very easy to avoid these battles and situations. Its useful when more experienced players type in chat with information to help their new players. A new player can never have to much useful information. :P  It was also mentioned before that if some of the larger National players could " Teleport " back to their capital. Muster up their newer players and shuffle them to more calmer/safer waters to engage in. Or even if the larger/older players for your Nation can give directions to these areas.

Us Dutch do this on a regular basis. Since our Capital is surrounded by many hostile players. Simply put We-Take-Care-Of-Our-Own!!!   ^_^       

End-of-Story...

~Cheers.

Edited by Aksark
  • Like 7

:lol:

Better yet:

Then sail away, you probably won't be chased if you are in an unrated ship, unless there are players in unrated ships who want to pvp.

So, you are saying - if you are in a rated ship - consider yourself blockaded?

No Amp, where did I say that?

You "implied" it.

im·plied
imˈplīd/
adjective
adjective: implied
suggested but not directly expressed; implicit.

:lol:

Better yet:

Then sail away, you probably won't be chased if you are in an unrated ship, unless there are players in unrated ships who want to pvp.

Emphasis added

I in no way implied it.

I implied that if you are in a rated ship or if you are in an unrated ship and there are unrated players near by, you might be attacked by players who want pvp.  That in no way implies blockade, unless anytime anyone is on the open seas and they see an enemy that might attack them, they are thus "under blockade," which is not what it is.

All nations and all ports are like this at times, it's more of a case of Nation vs Nation, it's a large game with a large map I'm at Zoutman and I constantly fight the Spanish and barely see any British etc (due to it being near a large amount of Spanish Ports), I was getting ganked in my lynx early on in my Dutch capital but a lot of that also took place from Ai where once I got an idea of what I was doing was easy to avoid,

As i'm getting larger ships i'm noticing we just need is a degree of respect between players, if you are with or have a Ship of the line, expect it to gain some interest and get a good fleet going or rally the local players to fight back.

I sailed to English Harbour to see what was going on. Fought with and against nearly every nation, sunk people and was in turn sunk, met old buddies from Sea Trials (they sank me LOL) and had the best PVP since I stared OW. I never shot up a smaller player ship (well a few connies). I understand it may appear like a blockade if you are a Brit and my apologies for being there if this is the case. Maybe there are ways around this and port battles appears to be the answer. But it renews my hopes for OW.

lol.

Cept it isnt just a blockade, its active alliances.  Just saw Danish players rush to the aid of a US player we jumped (were active speaking on TS judging the way it all went down).  We were ganking and it was a good fight, no complaints from me, but claiming its just a means to farm AI in front of our capital and not an ongoing and active alliance is far fetched :P

lol.

Cept it isnt just a blockade, its active alliances.  Just saw Danish players rush to the aid of a US player we jumped (were active speaking on TS judging the way it all went down).  We were ganking and it was a good fight, no complaints from me, but claiming its just a means to farm AI in front of our capital and not an ongoing and active alliance is far fetched :P

Even more lol

ever heard the story of animal farm?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animal_Farm

If you cant harvest the storm, better not sow the wind next time...

Grtzzz Bubbles

Not to worry, the outrage in the British national channel is reaching critical mass and you may regret cornering a rabid animal ;)

Jests aside, I enjoyed the chance to PVP with another group of players, its just a shame their constitution and Ronomee werent up to engaging our Frigate and Surprise in equal combat, would of been a close match I think.  Really looking forward to the steam release and the flood of fresh blood.  

Edited by Flavalicious

Not to worry, the outrage in the British national channel is reaching critical mass and you may regret cornering a rabid animal ;)

Jests aside, I enjoyed the chance to PVP with another group of players, its just a shame their constitution and Ronomee werent up to engaging our Frigate and Surprise in equal combat, would of been a close match I think.  Really looking forward to the steam release and the flood of fresh blood.  

wow, that actually was a fair fight...

Never saw it happen tho, only experienced your glorious and brave navy entering combat with a 4:1 up to 20:1 numerical advantage.

So you must be an exception to the rule, I salute you for it.

Grtzz Bubbles.

PS: what wrath should I fear after facing those abovementioned odds?

Cant get any worse, so I'll face destiny as it comes, but wont show any mercy if I get the chance...

Sadly they dog piled a frigate and merc on in addition to that, so wasnt a fair fight in the end, but like i said we were the aggressors this time so its understandable if they were a bit upset over it :P

Sorry to hear of the overwhelming odds, recently me and 4-6 other regulars have been ranking up quickly and when we run across lone players if we do attack we shoot him up for fun but always let them leave the battle instead of sinking them :)