Game-Labs Forum

Questions to developers

I would like to ask why the constitution is now a ship of the line when it only have 24pd longs and 42ps carros how is this ship supposed to compete at this Tier, namely the bellona has much more of everything and a 200 crew advantage. I'm told you speak to around 5 players...whether this is just rubbish I don't know or care but id really like to know where the info for this came from. But I can't believe you would make this choice yourselfs based on you trying to make the game historical or as close as...

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Black veil said:

I would like to ask why the constitution is now a ship of the line when it only have 24pd longs and 42ps carros how is this ship supposed to compete at this Tier, namely the bellona has much more of everything and a 200 crew advantage. I'm told you speak to around 5 players...whether this is just rubbish I don't know or care but id really like to know where the info for this came from. But I can't believe you would make this choice yourselfs based on you trying to make the game historical or as close as...

There was only 2 choices, make Connie the strongest of tier 4 or the weakest of tier 3. You are a Connie fan, you prefer her on tier 4.

59 minutes ago, Cabral said:

There was only 2 choices, make Connie the strongest of tier 4 or the weakest of tier 3. You are a Connie fan, you prefer her on tier 4.

Really... Just to highlight the issue the Connie is a super frigate, penny dropped? Where is she a ship.of the line with the same firepower as the indefatigable? 

1 hour ago, Lovec1990 said:

Last time i checked aga was strongest 4th rate

Exactly Connie was never the strongest in her field but she was just strong enough to fullfil the roll of frigate hunter she's certainly not nor ever has been a ship of the line, as others have already said let's get more ships of the line into the game but not like this, otherwise let's make the wasa a 2nd rate 

Anyway no point sniping at each other as I posted it here as it's for us to post questions to the devs, I'm not set in my ways that I'm right. I'd just like to understand how they came to this decision, ie what the thought process was, did they use player data on the Connie her performance stats in relation to existing tier 4's or 3's just anything to try and help us understand as if it was for balance how can it be as the ship is now irrelevant and defiantly not balanced.. on a side note same issue the indef and aga in same Tier? There the same except by 1 deck so again how is this balance? 

@admin So I have a question about the admiralty rewards flags that can be unlocked for 50.000 doubloons.

If I unlock this flag on nation x, then use forger DLC to move to nation y, will I have the 50.000 doubloon flag unlocked for nation y too or would I have to unlock this one aswell? If I have to unlock them all separately, does this mean each is saved as unlocked for my account, even if I change nation or do I lose the flag when I switch and would have to unlock / buy it again for 50.000?

49 minutes ago, Sovereign said:

@admin So I have a question about the admiralty rewards flags that can be unlocked for 50.000 doubloons.

If I unlock this flag on nation x, then use forger DLC to move to nation y, will I have the 50.000 doubloon flag unlocked for nation y too or would I have to unlock this one aswell? If I have to unlock them all separately, does this mean each is saved as unlocked for my account, even if I change nation or do I lose the flag when I switch and would have to unlock / buy it again for 50.000?

its added to your flag collection. Thus if some time in the future you will return to that nation you will have it already. 
new flag for new nation will have to be purchased again

• Like 2

2 hours ago, admin said:

its added to your flag collection. Thus if some time in the future you will return to that nation you will have it already. 
new flag for new nation will have to be purchased again

Thank you, Sir.

Just to prevent me from looking every 5 minutes on steam page -- were the additional DLC ships already submitted to steam or is it going to be in the near future? I am very curious about the Pandora ....

• Like 1

@admin

I have a question related to DLC ships and wipe.

What will happen to nations that don`t have a bigger ship DLC ? After the wipe big nations that own a 4th rate DLC will have big advantage over the non dlc nations. This will lead clearly to supremacy of certain nation. Of course you can say that we have F2P ships that can we use. Yes - but after a wipe players need some time to build them, collect the materials and DLC ships we can reedem every 24h without material cost and labor, shipyard and lvl craft. Are there any plan solve this problem? Wouldn`t be a better for bigger ships to introduce them as a special  blueprint ? 

Edited by GhastlyGhost

3 minutes ago, GhastlyGhost said:

@admin

What will happen to nations that don`t have a bigger ship DLC ? After the wipe big nations that own a 4th rate DLC will have big advantage over the non dlc nations. This will lead clearly to supremacy of certain nation. Of course you can say that we have F2P ships that can we use. Yes - but after a wipe players need some time to build them, collect the materials and DLC ships we can reedem every 24h without material cost and labor, shipyard. Are there any plan solve this problem? Wouldn`t be a better for bigger ships to introduce them as a special  blueprint that dont require lvl craft ? 

Ship DLCs are not linked to a given nation. Any player can buy a Ship DLC whatever his in-game nation. A pirate can buy any ship DLC he wants.

Edited by LeBoiteux
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, GhastlyGhost said:

So you don`t see the problem when nation A with premium ships rekt nation B without them and get server supremacy Is in your opinion best sollution:

-Hey they rekt your clans and nation with DLC ships ? 

-Lets go noobs and buy them !

Apart from 'suffering by anticipation' feelings ( we all do go through that unless we are 100% bits and bytes )

Has this happened already ? Any data to support the 'nation A with premium ships rekt nation B without them' in a valid test scenario ? ( equivalent player numbers and PvP/RvR at the same timezones )

19 minutes ago, GhastlyGhost said:

@admin

What will happen to nations that don`t have a bigger ship DLC ? After the wipe big nations that own a 4th rate DLC will have big advantage over the non dlc nations. This will lead clearly to supremacy of certain nation. Of course you can say that we have F2P ships that can we use. Yes - but after a wipe players need some time to build them, collect the materials and DLC ships we can reedem every 24h without material cost and labor, shipyard and lvl craft. Are there any plan solve this problem? Wouldn`t be a better for bigger ships to introduce them as a special  blueprint ? 

As of now, i only see DLC Ships in PvP Zone, not anywhere else.  Also i dont think there are DLC-Nation and Non-DLC-Nation. since some use them and some no across all Nations

Now that the light frigates can sail in the shallows, what is at the present the purpose of the 6th and 7th rates?

Only for new players? Can you please create some zones where only the small ships can sail? Maybe even some towns, that can only reached by 7th rates, for they are placed at shallow rivers?

a little thing I'd like to see in the description of L'Hermione DLC is the word 'French' somewhere 🙂

TGrJgD9.png

maybe by replacing the underlined phrase (that has a lot of 'United States', 'Americans', 'American') by "The French sent her with General Lafayette on her board in 1780 for support to the Americans in the American Revolutionary War."

Edited by LeBoiteux
  • Like 3

14 minutes ago, Tiedemann said:

Any plans to lower the amount of ships that needs permits for crafting and/or make the rare woods a bit more accessible?

This is as I see it the #1 problem with the DLCs. It is incredibly expensive to produce even a Teak white Trincomalee under this system. 50k+ doubloons for the woods alone if you are even able to access them from the few ports available. Market cost in totality approaching 3 million reales IF you can find it. Even Sabicu is fetching 950 reales and higher per log in market. The alternative is to farm Ai traders for days to get the woods necessary. Compared to daily access in DLC. This is undeniable pay to win when 5ths and 4ths are concerned. It is flawed, and must be addressed. If rare woods are to remain in this system, they must be removed from the options for the dlc. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, El Patron said:

Hello @admin

I hope these prices are only a April joke. nobody will pay 30€ for a ship. i buy a "complete" good game for that money.

15€ are ok but 30.... 🤑

Yeah, $15 is my normal limit for DLC vehicles.  I was hoping to see ships in the $10-$15 range, which would sell well.