Game-Labs Forum

Core Patch 1.0 News *The upcoming changelog*

Nick Thomadis

1 hour ago, AdmER said:

Why focusing on no-German / British hulls when they will not play in this patch?

B-No Hulls from 1890-1910 ... sad!

I’m by no means a Project Manager, and we certainly haven’t seen a roadmap, but -

Wouldn’t nation by nation, decade by decade make the most sense? I’m confused about the work devoted to assets both late in the game and not in the campaign. 

• Like 4

Well, Im late to this. 

After my pessimistic rant on the v90 feedback thread, this does come at the right time. 
Although the "We forgive your toxicity, drama, and agression" to criticism of your paying customers is... insulting at best, I think I can forgive you for calling us that.

Even though this update might surprise me, I'm going to hold reservations until I see it in my PC. v0.5 wasnt that good of a experience. Just make sure I don't run into a barrage of bugs and glitches when I fire it up.

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, AdmER said:

Focus is not all over the place, focus is on WW2 area and mega ship gun etc...

Again is this update we will have new engine choice from the post ww2 area...

I thing we will have a Warp-core before some pre-dread....

Do not forget the name of this game: UA Dreadnought.

Helmsman, Initiate the warp speed drive we installed that came from the future! **A warp core might be exaggerating it a bit too much**

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

58 minutes ago, Marshall99 said:

So, we receive modern hulls again. Great.... 

At least we can try the campaign. I mean, a part of the campaign.

So what will we have between 1890-1910? The same hulls... I am sad, because we don't have many hulls in this period, and we begged for old hulls many, many times.

20211115-203228.jpg

Yep. Campaign is gonna have almost no variety or options in the beginning, because the hulls are limited to all hell.
Oh well.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Stormnet said:

Well, Im late to this. 

After my pessimistic rant on the v90 feedback thread, this does come at the right time. 
Although the "We forgive your toxicity, drama, and agression" to criticism of your paying customers is... insulting at best, I think I can forgive you for calling us that.

Even though this update might surprise me, I'm going to hold reservations until I see it in my PC. v0.5 wasnt that good of a experience. Just make sure I don't run into a barrage of bugs and glitches when I fire it up.

Agreed. What an insult!

• Like 2

I see I haven't missed much around here still a forum of a bunch of people crying they arent getting the game the way they are thinking of it in their heads. Thank you to the development team and every one working on this project. Love what you have so far and I've been here since the beginning and I look forward to the future work you have planned, keep up the good work and try not the let the cry babies in here keep you down.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, shieldy44 said:

I see I haven't missed much around here still a forum of a bunch of people crying they arent getting the game the way they are thinking of it in their heads. Thank you to the development team and every one working on this project. Love what you have so far and I've been here since the beginning and I look forward to the future work you have planned, keep up the good work and try not the let the cry babies in here keep you down.

We're not getting the game that they advertised and that I've played. The campaign was leaked through a bug in the first like two versions. Besides the fact that it used the same style of battle generator that RTW uses it looked good. It looked like what I wanted and what they advertised. I at least am not upset because I'm not getting what's in my head. I'm upset we had what I wanted and what they said theyd deliver, and they threw it away for a duel to the death in an empty map with half the tech and barely any predreads.

Of course this isnt the final version but if they threw out the original idea what are we getting? They havent said and from the look of things it's not gonna be good

EDIT: Also just going back reading some comments. Ppl are supporting them trashing the old campaign and saying oh this is so bare bones cuz they had to throw out the old campaign. Makes sense it's bad. Why did they throw it out? I'll say it again I've played some version of the original campaign. It wasnt finished or polished but it was good. It was what they advertised originally before early access. Whyd they scrap it? They've given no reason for getting rid of a seemingly fine campaign

Edited by Jatzi
  • Like 6

13 minutes ago, shieldy44 said:

You probably just rang the "Get ripped to shreds" bell

Community:
Waterloo War GIF - Waterloo War Cavalry GIFs

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Jatzi said:

Even the steering gear part being added is probably going to be non-sensical just like the different rudder options. I looked it up, as far as I can find the biggest difference between the different types of rudders has to do with what happens when the rudder jams. But for some reason, in a naval game that tries to say it prizes historical accuracy, rudders can't be jammed. Amazing work. 

A perfect example of why this game has an identity crisis. Not to mention said ship with a destroyed rudder can still turn and apply a negative penalty to your accuracy, all while sailing in a 1kt circle.  

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, DougToss said:

I missed out on this earlier campaign. Why was it torn down? What was wrong with it?

What’s the point of a feedback forum if nobody knows what’s being done, what the roadmap is, and what changes are being implemented and why?

Exactly. All we ever do is argue, criticise the devs, and occasionally have a nice friendly discussion. The first 2 parts should not be happening. And why is it happening? Well, that's obvious - THE DEVS DONT COMMUNICATE WITH US.

Edited by Commander Reed
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/14/2021 at 10:45 AM, Zuikaku said:

Hey, @Nick Thomadis but why did you choose to do Germany vs. Britain campaign for start? Seems that you somewhat overstretched yourself by doing this. Wouldn't be much more easier if you did Italy vs. Austro-Hungary campaign limited to just Adriatic without the need to do the whole world map? 

And hope you won't forgot torpedo boats. I mean the late ones like Elcos, MAS or Schnellboats.

YES! Even if we can barely modify the things, it would be wonderful to be able to build some of the later PT boats. Would be interesting to see swarms of these things that ships can barely hit.

But it does seem I'm a little bit late, wow so we are all toxic and aggressive huh? Sheesh.
This can all be fixed with bi-weekly updates... I'm sure they think because of the climate here they've deemed the forums too toxic to communicate with so we get nothing from them. Worst possible choice for a development team to make, I've never seen communication for a game go down this bad so extremely fast.

Edited by Noobito
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, shieldy44 said:

I hope your comment was just a bad joke. We are giving feedback for the dev team for 2 years now. Are they listening to us? No, not all the time. We asked for Pre-dreads so many times. Did we get them? No. We got modern hulls, tons of them. So what are the consequences? 

1. Lack of hull variety from 1890-1910

2. Boring, repetitive gameplay from 1890-1910

3. Unbalanced gameplay (few earlygame content, lots of endgame content)

We payed for this game 50$. 50$!! I could buy many, many things from 50$. But I chosed this game, I bought it. And now, what do we see?

1. No communication

2. We don't get the things that the players want (earlygame content)

3. Lots of delay (this one is okey for me, because developing a game is hard)

So as you can see, there are some problems here. As I sad earlier, I hope you were joking because if you don't see these problems than, you don't have the right to tell us that we are cry babies.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Masonator said:

uber buttmad it is, i suppose

Yeah, god forbid we want a decent game. God forbid the devs actually communicate within a reasonable time frame. I guess you hate anyone who provides valid feedback or has standards in wanting the game to be good.

• Like 9

9 hours ago, shieldy44 said:

The "game" that I thought up in my head based on 13 times or how many time it was the word realistic is mentioned. I guess I could sell you a service that advertised hot young blondes 13 times, and I give you old ladies in their 90s, and turn around after you have paid your money uttering "that it was all in your head". Again, I thought this type of game would garner the crowd that do not insult others intelligence.

What a joke.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Marshall99 said:

I hope your comment was just a bad joke. We are giving feedback for the dev team for 2 years now. Are they listening to us? No, not all the time. We asked for Pre-dreads so many times. Did we get them? No. We got modern hulls, tons of them. So what are the consequences? 

1. Lack of hull variety from 1890-1910

2. Boring, repetitive gameplay from 1890-1910

3. Unbalanced gameplay (few earlygame content, lots of endgame content)

We payed for this game 50$. 50$!! I could buy many, many things from 50$. But I chosed this game, I bought it. And now, what do we see?

1. No communication

2. We don't get the things that the players want (earlygame content)

3. Lots of delay (this one is okey for me, because developing a game is hard)

So as you can see, there are some problems here. As I sad earlier, I hope you were joking because if you don't see these problems than, you don't have the right to tell us that we are cry babies.

I would dare say lack of hulls for 1890-1925. Like... up until like 1920s, you can't even build a not copy-paste light cruiser between the the major factions. One of the most important type of ship, use to project imperial power in far away colonial waters... and it's like 4 hulls, and 2 of them are copy-paste of each others just resized. And there's no variety. We have told them to do away with this adding hull and focus on giving us a full on ship designer since the beginning, 2 years ago. All we got was a promise to make the designer more open... and what we got was the bare minimum. How is that even... like... how can someone defend this?!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, ColonelHenry said:

I guess I could sell you a service that advertised hot young blondes 13 times, and I give you old ladies in their 90s, and turn around after you have paid your money uttering "that it was all in your head".

It's pretty much what all advertising is about. Be it good or bad.

Cars don't suddendly makes you attractive to the other gender while riding in beautiful landscapes. Perfume don't teleport you in rich palaces with everyone dancing in awe around you. Instant food served to "friends" doesn't make you some kind of renowned chef. Battlefield is not anywhere close to history books. League of Legend is clearly not some kind of friendly competitive free to play game. Yet we buy them.

Sure, there's different "level" of bullshit and I'm not here to discuss the obvious flaws in UA:D more than troubled developement (yet). But in the end what you make of an advertisement is mostly due to education. And before you take it personnaly: There's people paid way more than this entire forum userbase that works relatively hard to make sure that the ad in question will reach out to you, whatever "I'm immune to that shit" and "It doesn't work on me" you can pull off. 

So yes, with a bit of powder, lens flare and okayish photoshop skills you can sell 13 hot young blondes, give old ladies and get away with it with some mild criticism.

Edited by Tousansons

@Nick Thomadis, the first step to solve a problem is to admit one has a problem. And you (by which I mean the Dev Team) have to admit, you have a communication problem. Before this patch announcement (on November 14th), your last post on the development of the game was on October 8th. That's more than a month without hearing from the Devs about how the game is going. This shouldn't be happening.

Much of the negativity and toxicity you complain about are the result of the absence of contact from the developers. In the absence of information, people talk. And they start wondering if they sunk 50$ in a dead game. For the second time, I only get news of a new patch just after about a month of radio silence. That is not normal.

We don't need much from you. Just a few sentences once in a while, to reassure us the game is on track. If you want to look at the gold standard, look at SCS Software's blog or the Factorio Dev Blog. They don't even have to show us new stuff. Hell, the most interesting posts on the Factorio devblog were about the various bugs and software issues they found and how they solved them.

Please, consider this. And take this post in the spirit of good will and care that it was written in.

• Like 8

20 hours ago, Jatzi said:

I played the leaked campaign

What year was that?

17 hours ago, Stormnet said:

...We forgive your toxicity...

After a little thought, I'll admit which is a pretty cunning trick - replacing words like"annoyance" and "frustration" with "toxicity".  "Annoyance" and "frustration" mean reason, something that triggered these emotions. 

For example, the release of the game breaks down again and again, the developers are busy adding and polishing elements that are not important from the players point of view, at least half of the game is still not ready, and so on and so forth.

So instead of "annoyance"&"frustration" you are using "toxicity". And suddenly, the problem is not with the game. The problem is in the community - they're a bunch of whiners, trolls and assholes. They are just

ckFj15f.jpg

This is a brilliant sophistic trick that essentially applies to the basic "I'm not a fool, you are a fool" *.  Game-Labs of course, did not invent this feint, they only use it, as do a significant part of the game developers. Oh god, I remember how on the Wargaming forum the developers complained about the toxicity of the players.  Look who's Talking 😁

*-my chosen option in a dispute when I was 7-12 years old. 

Edited by TAKTCOM
WAR FOR IMPROVEMENT
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Tbh its amazing all the people that think we're spinning crap and our demands are too much, we're toxic and the devs shouldn't cater to us

No actually wait, please keep going. Because its more of an insult to the dev than it is to us. You just keep shouting and shouting "You expect them to talk??? You expect them to spend five minutes to write a post??? How toxic can you be!!!" and keep implying they're incapable of doing the most basic effort in communication.

Which... well... they are when you think about it. You can try to see it whatever way you want but the devs are either too incompetent, too stubborn and deluded or too apathetic to do five minutes of work.

• Like 3