Game-Labs Forum

Core Patch 1.0 News *The upcoming changelog*

Nick Thomadis

19 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Patch is still under testing and a few more issues need to be fixed. Tomorrow it can be the day, if we fix them all. Or we can release and make a hotfix as soon as possible. In any case, please everyone hold until tomorrow for a definite answer.

It's tomorrow :) Good news?

2 hours ago, davidt_man said:

Nick,

Today is the last day of "early next week".  Please release the patch, even if it has some minor bugs that is fine.  Your consumers are waiting.

Sadly not the first time. Again the issue here is communication, in the sense of setting expectations.

It seems that it would be safer to tell people "the patch will likely be released by Friday" and then overdeliver and release it early. That creates a positive experience. 

I understand they're delaying it until they think the got all the bugs to prevent a negative experience while playing, but now the negative experience is the wait.

Edited by Stealth17
  • Like 4

Agree with you there Stealth. We know that these bugs can crop up - it would be better just to tell us the patch is in closed testing and that it will release as soon as it is ready & we will update you on Friday on how it’s going. That way we’d know the patch was close, that we would hear on Friday more news. If the patch is actually ready and it’s released early then that’s great and the community is happy (happier anyway). Same wait - better experience.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Stealth17 said:

Sadly not the first time. Again the issue here is communication, in the sense of setting expectations.

It seems that it would be safer to tell people "the patch will likely be released by Friday" and then overdeliver and release it early. That creates a positive experience. 

I understand they're delaying it until they think the got all the bugs to prevent a negative experience while playing, but now the negative experience is the wait.

Nick specifically asked if they should fix the minor bugs or release the patch on time then issue another patch to fix the minor bugs. 

Minor bugs are fine. It is understandable when a game is in EA.  The devs game so many people hope announcing a new patch for early this week. Now it looks like they are sitting on their butts again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Afghanicus said:

I mean I assume that's why a lot of us are in EA, to find and report bugs. Otherwise they could have said see you when 1.0 releases.

Not everybody. Some people buy a game regardless because they like the game, some don't care about looking for bugs and reporting. I am somewhat guilty of this, I can't be bothered half the time. I just wish to play the game, as it is fun.

1 minute ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Patch is going to be released tomorrow guys. We fixed a lot today, needs more testing.

Cool! But you've said it Will be tomorrow, so failing to deliver tomorrow will have hefty consequences, I'd bet. The community won't be happy.

But nevermind that, thank you for the information! I cant wait for tomorrow!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Commander Reed said:

Not everybody. Some people buy a game regardless because they like the game, some don't care about looking for bugs and reporting. I am somewhat guilty of this, I can't be bothered half the time. I just wish to play the game, as it is fun.

I guess as long as your expectations are set accordingly

3 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Patch is going to be released tomorrow guys. We fixed a lot today, needs more testing.

Thank you for the update, feel less bad about agreeing to dinner with in-laws now 😁

15 minutes ago, Nick Thomadis said:

I did not say definitely tomorrow, you can find my post above. Anyways, tomorrow should be the day.

How about release the patch today even with a few minor bugs to appease all the anger gamers. Then release a patch a few days later to fix the bugs. you asked us about this option yesterday.  Why not do it. 

Nick, I'd like to let you know we really appreciate you keeping us in the loop.

Just these few posts you've made over the last 2 days mean a huge change over silence, it's a sign something's happening and the game isn't dead.

Please try to keep it up.

And although it might be hard, please don't view some of the harsher community reactions here and elsewhere as openly hostile or personal comments - people are simply concerned about the game and can't wait.

That said, my fellow players, please try and be reasonable. I know the development time so far has been less than ideal, but some of the reactions I've been reading here are simply over the top. The developers are doing their best with the tools they've been given. Blaming and antagonizing will not get us a better game.

As befitting of admirals of the seven seas, do try and act gentlemanly.

• Like 12

7 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

I did not say definitely tomorrow, you can find my post above. Anyways, tomorrow should be the day.

Thanks very much for the good communication. We often said that we understood delays bump and change on Alpha game, if the devs kept us inform.

So thanks and look forward to tomorrow!

• Like 3