Game-Labs Forum

Core Patch 1.0 News *The upcoming changelog*

Nick Thomadis

10 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Hello, 
I am sorry, but I am personally very very busy to follow and respond to all questions. I want to inform you that the build, today, will enter closed testing. We will inform the usual testers in our closed forum when it becomes available.

If all is ok, we will release at the start of next week.

Thanks to you very much for the update, I am convince all of us understand you are very busy and none of us will take offense if you do not answer all questions !

We only hope for some news once a week or too like that! Great and looking forward to next week!

Thanks again!

• Like 3

On 11/18/2021 at 8:31 PM, AdmER said:

"... I am convince all of us understand you are very busy and none of us will take offense if you do not answer all questions"

Checks out.

As a former Canadian now living in NYC I can assure you many people do mind. Look at the 20+ pages of 0.5 patchlog, they're not okay with them not answering questions. I am more on the side of, I'm just glad nothing serious happened to the team, and I don't necessarily care if they're quiet, but if they miss targets and they're quiet it definitely gets concerning.

Edited by Afghanicus
  • Like 2

Nice to see the campaign is coming along nicely, from the rate of updates it seems that whatever was slowing development has been fixed. I'm rather excited to test the campaign as well.

The new tech and hulls look good too, when the campaign is availiable for 1940 it will be good to have some high end tech for those long games.

• Like 3

Glad to see some progress on the campaign. As with all relationships communication was and is key. 

While some people on here seem to be very excited and others are disappointed it could all have been helped/prevented with better communications. 

I was discussing with BrotherMunro how the company would benefit so massively from a community manager. Just somebody who updates the community and addresses concerns. Yes, it would be a thankless job at times, to be sure, especially after long periods of going without a patch. Still, it would prevent alienating the community of fans/hardcore followers of this game. 

The patchlog looks ok in itself, but I've already found myself going "I'll believe it when I see it", especially when it comes to the improved AI behavior. I've seen "Improved AI behavior" in previous patches and was sorely disappointed by the lack of actual progress. This is, again, a lack of communications/failure to deliver.

When I'm looking at the immense decline in views on my channel on Dreadnoughts and some comments even calling the project "vaporware" or "abandonware" I feel that the "golden age" for Dreadnoughts might have passed. I'm not so arrogant to say that the amount of views I'm getting are a measure of interest in the game. For all I know it could be Youtube's algorithm. Regardless, people seem to just not care about Dreadnoughts anymore. 

I hope that the campaign will breathe new life into Dreadnoughts, for the sakes of the developers and us, as a community. I really hope it will also allow for a fresh start, when it comes to communications. But, as before, I'll believe it when I see it.

• Like 22

On 11/21/2021 at 10:11 AM, Stealth17 said:

Glad to see some progress on the campaign. As with all relationships communication was and is key. 

While some people on here seem to be very excited and others are disappointed it could all have been helped/prevented with better communications. 

I was discussing with BrotherMunro how the company would benefit so massively from a community manager. Just somebody who updates the community and addresses concerns. Yes, it would be a thankless job at times, to be sure, especially after long periods of going without a patch. Still, it would prevent alienating the community of fans/hardcore followers of this game. 

The patchlog looks ok in itself, but I've already found myself going "I'll believe it when I see it", especially when it comes to the improved AI behavior. I've seen "Improved AI behavior" in previous patches and was sorely disappointed by the lack of actual progress. This is, again, a lack of communications/failure to deliver.

When I'm looking at the immense decline in views on my channel on Dreadnoughts and some comments even calling the project "vaporware" or "abandonware" I feel that the "golden age" for Dreadnoughts might have passed. I'm not so arrogant to say that the amount of views I'm getting are a measure of interest in the game. For all I know it could be Youtube's algorithm. Regardless, people seem to just not care about Dreadnoughts anymore. 

I hope that the campaign will breathe new life into Dreadnoughts, for the sakes of the developers and us, as a community. I really hope it will also allow for a fresh start, when it comes to communications. But, as before, I'll believe it when I see it.

Please hold on Stealth, patch is very near to completion. After that, we can discuss any other matter.

6 hours ago, AdmER said:

Quote of the day:

"Today is a good day to update!"

-Mr.Worf

50 minutes ago, Commander Reed said:

"Captain, long range sensors detect no update in sight. Perhaps we should wait until tomorrow?"

Patch is still under testing and a few more issues need to be fixed. Tomorrow it can be the day, if we fix them all. Or we can release and make a hotfix as soon as possible. In any case, please everyone hold until tomorrow for a definite answer.

• Like 17
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Nick Thomadis said:

Please hold on Stealth, patch is very near to completion. After that, we can discuss any other matter.

Patch is still under testing and a few more issues need to be fixed. Tomorrow it can be the day, if we fix them all. Or we can release and make a hotfix as soon as possible. In any case, please everyone hold until tomorrow for a definite answer.

If the bugs are minor and not game breaking I say release the patch now and then release another patch one the bugs are fixed. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

This is the kind of interactions some of us would like to see more often. Thanks!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nick Thomadis said:

More of this please... Tell us stuffs! Despite my condescending tone, I am not mentally insane; I don't go around pissing on people work for fun. This is mostly what I and, I believe, most people want. Communicate with us, tell us why things aren't working.

Thank you Nick.

Edited by ColonelHenry
  • Like 4

On 11/20/2021 at 6:55 AM, CapnAvont1015 said:

So with the patch coming out at some point next week which Nations are ya'll gonna pick? I'm gonna pick (if it wasn't obvious already) the German Empire.

Not much choice xD, I am starting with the kraut mostly because they didn't have much of a navy in 1890s and I like building from scratch. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DerRichtigeArzt said:

Not much choice xD, I am starting with the kraut mostly because they didn't have much of a navy in 1890s and I like building from scratch. 

I'll go for the British until I familiarize myself with the mechanisms. When I think I've got it I'll try the German.

• Like 2

im going british becasue i am britiush and i think playing tyhe home team is best to learn the campaign although i admit i have no clue how im running my fleets i do atleast have a naming structure sorted and afterall isnt that the key thing that your ships are named cool and not if they keep the enemy from invading your home lands?

• Like 2