Game-Labs Forum

Alpha-9 in Progress

Nick Thomadis

25 minutes ago, Fishyfish said:

Or is this just spiraling into tillman specials

Hmm, I wonder if the campaign is spiraling up specials? I mean maybe the campaign can’t be played historically, AI and players alike might have to build non-historical beasts in order to win. 20’ guns might be introduced because the campaign needs an extra tier of development.  

Just saying reasons for these introductions might not be so obvious.

Edited by Skeksis
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jatzi said:

I'm gonna skip a few pages and say why are ppl so hyped about quad turrets and 20 in guns?  

BECAUSE WE LIKE BIG GUNS AND HAVING LOTS OF THEM 

Now gimme "totally" real vertical stacked quad guns/s

20200914_210901.jpg.a91fd14f7b29a5b0d1ed628ab957a428.jpg

Edited by Koogus
For the memes
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jatzi said:

I'm gonna skip a few pages and say why are ppl so hyped about quad turrets and 20 in guns? You should be hyped about the damage saturation fix. That's one of the biggest things. Changes the game and fixes a serious issue, hopefully. 

Because, 2 very famous ship classes are literally impossible to replicate because we don't have quad guns. Honestly I don't give much of a damn about realistic mechanics, imho the ship builder is still the main selling point of this game and only thing I personally care about. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Bluishdoor76 said:

Because, 2 very famous ship classes are literally impossible to replicate because we don't have quad guns. Honestly I don't give much of a damn about realistic mechanics, imho the ship builder is still the main selling point of this game and only thing I personally care about. 

Also people need to realise that there are many groups of people who want certain things in this game, no point screwing over those people to please a very small minority.

Plus both sides got what they wanted so i don't see why people are still upset or complaining, but i guess thats humans for you.

I care about both ship designer and the mechanics, plus the campaign, but still.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Jatzi said:

I'm gonna skip a few pages and say why are ppl so hyped about quad turrets and 20 in guns? You should be hyped about the damage saturation fix. That's one of the biggest things. Changes the game and fixes a serious issue, hopefully. 

It's as you said a fix. A bandaid while waiting for a better solution.

Don't get me wrong, it is definitely needed right now, but it doesn't add much to the "realism" of naval combat other than being able to sink a crippled ship while stern chasing him.

On 9/13/2020 at 9:27 PM, Skeksis said:

Hmm, I wonder if the campaign is spiraling up specials? I mean maybe the campaign can’t be played historically, AI and players alike might have to build non-historical beasts in order to win. 20’ guns might be introduced because the campaign needs an extra tier of development.  

Just saying reasons for these introductions might not be so obvious.

There is something to be said for this. Especially as we will not have carriers to hold back further battleship development. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Tousansons said:

It's as you said a fix. A bandaid while waiting for a better solution.

Don't get me wrong, it is definitely needed right now, but it doesn't add much to the "realism" of naval combat other than being able to sink a crippled ship while stern chasing him.

Im assuming that will occur after the campaigns release or during it when they bundle it with the campaign, either way time will tell.

This update has gotten me excited for this game again, honestly. Quadruple turrets and 50-cm guns are nice and all, but... my main hypes are the hull fixes and that more modern French and British medium- and large-calibre turrets are being modeled.

Now all we need are a few appropriate hulls to stick those guns on.

Super Alsace (12x 43 cm) vs. Original Spec A-150 (9x 51 cm), your day draws near. But more than that: it's La Galissonière's time to shine.

Edited by Shiki
  • Like 2

I'd really still like to see more focus on historical warships from turn of the century up to the dreadnought era. Super paper battleships are cool and I'm greatful for quad turrets (can't wait to make some French influenced battleships) but I'd really like to make something like the AC1 USS Maine.. or the Spanish battleship Pelayo or the German coastal defense battleship Odin or.. or.. or.. or I could get carried away if I'm not careful. 

• Like 7

On 9/16/2020 at 1:07 AM, dumbadam said:

Please remove barbette slot limitation and turret slot limitation as it creates obstacle without bringing benefits to the design and game experience😐

^ THIS!

In terms of effort vs reward, this is definitely the first thing that should be changed in the designer.

Quad turrets and new hulls are nice, but actually being able to create realistic, stable, well-proportioned ships on the hulls we already have would be amazing.

As many people have said in many threads, it must be possible to make superstructure, funnels and barbettes ctrl-placeable in the same way as turrets. If it confuses the AI, simply restrict it to existing hardpoints, but please allow us a bit more freedom!

• Like 2

The communication is much appreciated. 

Seeing bugs reported getting fixed is the feelz. Accuracy overhaul on the road is good too.

On 9/10/2020 at 4:20 PM, Nick Thomadis said:

ome remaining issues that were many times reported were addressed, including secondary gun inconsistencies on Iowa hull,

Is this in reference to some spots being unusable, the permission to use 5" guns on that tower when using the CC/CB guns, or both?

• Like 1

On 9/10/2020 at 11:20 PM, Nick Thomadis said:

included. Here is the planned list:

• Quad guns: Quadruple turrets of large caliber become available and are separated into two main visual types. Type-1 has its four guns distributed evenly on the turret, while Type-2 has two dual guns (Similar to the French Battleship “Richelieu”).
  • Damage Saturation fix: Previously there was no damage to ships if we hit destroyed sections, making ships indestructible when hit at red areas. With the improved damage system, a small amount of damage will spread out to nearby sections. A damage rebalance will be needed to fine tune the result.
  • Hull fixes: Some remaining issues that were many times reported were addressed, including secondary gun inconsistencies on Iowa hull, overlapping guns with Bismarck towers and some others.
  • Mk5 8-inch guns available in the 1940s: It has been corrected so that the latest technology of 8-inch guns are available in the late tech era of custom battles.
  • Fixed Naval Academy bug that did not allow the nation randomization of player ships hulls in missions that did not have any nation restriction. The result of this bug was that missions were played once with a random nation and in any future playout with new designs it was not possible to change the nation to your liking.

Quad Turrets Work.jpg

Quad turrets and others will arrive on next game update. Showing a work in progress.

As we continue to progress, we will update our changelog accordingly with more planned features, for example the finalization of Naval Academy difficulty mode, revamp of the accuracy system with detailed colliders or… the addition of 19-inch and 20-inch guns. We will also provide information about when to expect the next Alpha-9 Update.

Thank you for reading,

The Game-Labs Team

coming king george V and richelieu class ships ?? :D ı wonderrrrrrrr