Game-Labs Forum

Alpha-9 in Progress

Nick Thomadis

On 9/11/2020 at 11:43 AM, Warbie said:

Maybe you can alos implement quick-action buttons for formations, there is another naval simulator franchise, Ironclads. It has special order buttons for both single ships or the fleet formations, as well as formation manouvres such as line abreast turns, simultaneous turns, parallel turns etc...  Maybe a similar quick order interface for these formations would help to control them during formation changes or have more manual control over the fleet

OH! I like this thought.  Drop down action commands for formations on screen.. YES PLEASE!

On 10/12/2020 at 1:52 PM, silvertree said:

I would love to see an After Action type report after you finish a mission or custom battle.

I agree yet again!  I was thinking that yesterday after a battle.  Would be nice to get a report.

• Like 1

I think within one week we will receive an announcement about the arriving patch. I think in this weekend. Than in 1-2 weeks later we will receive the next patch. If I tip this correctly, I will go and buy a Lottery ticket

Edited by Marshall99
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bluishdoor76 said:

Some time before Half Life 3 is my bet

Funny how it was in development in 2013-2014 and so was left 4 dead 3 but both got cancelled due to the source engine 2 being in its literal infancy and because they were pooing themselves over the story and the huge amount of hype around it.

I just me quads, and fat 19-20 inch guns. 

9 hours ago, Cptbarney said:

Funny how it was in development in 2013-2014 and so was left 4 dead 3 but both got cancelled due to the source engine 2 being in its literal infancy and because they were pooing themselves over the story and the huge amount of hype around it.

I just me quads, and fat 19-20 inch guns. 

Too bad L4D3 got cancelled. Played the second one alot when i was a kid. Never fully understood the half life hype. But i guess you needed to play the older games when they got released to understand how it innovated gaming. Which was before my time.

anyway. Another thing they could add is the ability to lift up sunken ships from the sea bottom to restore them like the americans did at pearl harbour. This would only be possible in very shallow water. But i guess this is way to obscure a mechanic to implement.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ReefKip said:

anyway. Another thing they could add is the ability to lift up sunken ships from the sea bottom to restore them like the americans did at pearl harbour. This would only be possible in very shallow water. But i guess this is way to obscure a mechanic to implement.

It would be nice if we would connect it with possibility to attack opponents ports.  (by submarines for example)

I don't think that it would be neccesarily hard to implement if we would make this the same way as submarines will work (without actual battle but only with calculation)

Here's how I imagine it: You would assign  a new task to one of your submarines - attack the enemy port *insert name here* and maybe you could choose the level of risk this submarine should take (like in Hearts of Iron)

After the submarine arrives to the port it would Attack the next turn.

By the stats of your submarine, stats of the port and it's defences And by the risk you attached to your sub the outcome of the attack would be calculated.

If you manage to sink one of the ships in the port the enemy could decide to raise the ship (which would cost certain amount of money). And this could also be calculated (for example based on the resistance of the ship's hull).

By the way: It might also be possible to raise the attackers ship if it's lost during the attack (like it happened to Curie in Pola).

Edited by Aceituna
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Aceituna said:

It would be nice if we would connect it with possibility to attack opponents ports.  (by submarines for example)

I don't think that it would be neccesarily hard to implement if we would make this the same way as submarines will work (without actual battle but only with calculation)

Here's how I imagine it: You would assign  a new task to one of your submarines - attack the enemy port *insert name here* and maybe you could choose the level of risk this submarine should take (like in Hearts of Iron)

After the submarine arrives to the port it would Attack the next turn.

By the stats of your submarine, stats of the port and it's defences And by the risk you attached to your sub the outcome of the attack would be calculated.

If you manage to sink one of the ships in the port the enemy could decide to raise the ship (which would cost certain amount of money). And this could also be calculated (for example based on the resistance of the ship's hull).

By the way: It might also be possible to raise the attackers ship if it's lost during the attack (like it happened to Curie in Pola).

I guess in the way you describe it, it won't be that difficult to add it then. I would add on top of this the possibility to also raise ships after a plane attack on ports. this only makes sense IF CV's are added however.