Game-Labs Forum

Alpha-9 in Progress

Nick Thomadis

1 hour ago, IronKaputt said:

Source? I only heard about 780 kg Long Lance variant.

Six-tube launcher also would be nice.

Streamlined shells (I absolutely adore boat-tails), filler % (1,5-3% for AP, up to 15% for HE), dye (and perhaps tracers) color, fuzes (especially for torps).

For guns and mounts: damn RoF and traverse speed, reliability for both cases, barrel life (chrome plating and wear reduce additives), weight reducing tech, base accuracy of course, gain-twist and gradual rifling (dunno if it worked together, but I'm a greedy perfectionist).

Would be sad, if I'll have to simply mod meself some fancy stuff, for it is kinda unsporty.

Capture414.PNG.a1480d705b94441757dbf5d775f3b183.PNG

Lacroix & Wells mention it under "Torpedo Ordnance" in Appendix H of Japanese Cruisers of the Pacific War, p.779-780.

As for your other suggestions... yes, I want all of those things too. I'm also a perfectionist and I want everything to be as minutely detailed as possible so that I can build ships the way I want to, right down to the number of lands and twists in a gun barrel.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marshall99 said:

I can't wait for it to be honest. I hope they will say something on Monday.

1602342256-20201010-170336.jpg

Same, i want muh quads and fat guns. But makes me wonder if something has happened internally or the campaign is taking a lot of resources more than they would of initially thought in the first place.

• Like 3

Just now, IronKaputt said:

Yeah, if they just dropped these in the first place (Alpha 1, ideally 😒), I would be happy to wait for the rest.

I was kinda hoping for USN and Japanese Cruiser hulls as well and maybe usn california hulls to bridge us over back in alpha 3-4, but oh well. We will just have to wait i guess.

18 hours ago, CapnAvont1015 said:

I really hope when this game comes to Steam they figure out how to do modding because I know a lot of people is gonna want to submit hulls, towers, and guns into the game. And hopefully they would take some pressure of the devs for designing ship parts.

Seconded. This timeline is vast, and no matter however many ship parts they produce, people will still want more. Allowing easy steam workshop modding (at least from beta onwards) would be much more preferable.

In general, I think more assets/models at this time should not be the priority over improvements to the ship designer itself. Of course, I'm thankful for quad turrets, but being able to put them and their barbettes precisely where we want them would be even better. :)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, SonicB said:

Seconded. This timeline is vast, and no matter however many ship parts they produce, people will still want more. Allowing easy steam workshop modding (at least from beta onwards) would be much more preferable.

In general, I think more assets/models at this time should not be the priority over improvements to the ship designer itself. Of course, I'm thankful for quad turrets, but being able to put them and their barbettes precisely where we want them would be even better. :)

Yeah, also it allows modellers like myself to pump out stuff and improve our skills while also doing something we like a lot as well.

Plus we can go historical or not which is the beauty of it as well.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Cptbarney said:

True, at least we have tight knit community, shame some haven't returned doe...

ill say this patch will arrive next week (just anticipating various things).

Either the patch is releasing this month or its gonna be released alongside the campaign. But hopefully your right and it releases next week. I WANNA GET MY FRENCH ON.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CapnAvont1015 said:

Either the patch is releasing this month or its gonna be released alongside the campaign. But hopefully your right and it releases next week. I WANNA GET MY FRENCH ON.

Yeah, i want my fat KGV's already as well lol. Hell we might even be able to make republique and hopefully jean bart and Richelieu. 

Make battle lines with ease: You will be able to create a group of any ship type and merge into one single formation, which will be controllable as one unit (selectable from the unit cards).

What’s this "selectable from the unit cards", a new UI? 

Edited by Skeksis
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SonicB said:

In general, I think more assets/models at this time should not be the priority over improvements to the ship designer itself. Of course, I'm thankful for quad turrets, but being able to put them and their barbettes precisely where we want them would be even better.

That's why I think they should have start with off-brand, modular hulls and components and add iconic ships later.

I also hope we'll have more control over hulls specs (and looks), like belt inclination, bow shape, welding etc.

Never actually played RTW, but enjoyed greatly reading the tech trees. Would be sad to just "research modern hull II" instead. 

• Like 2

I want aircraft carriers just so I can make AA ships. I don't know how port defences will work in the campaign but I see myself converting old Pre-Dreadnoughts and eventually early Dreadnoughts into floating fortresses, Keeping their MB but having lots of AA guns and as much armour as possible

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Cdodders said:

I want aircraft carriers just so I can make AA ships.

That.

9 minutes ago, Cdodders said:

I don't know how port defences will work in the campaign but I see myself converting old Pre-Dreadnoughts and eventually early Dreadnoughts into floating fortresses, Keeping their MB but having lots of AA guns and as much armour as possible

I hope for some mine warfare, so I could equip my ships with paravanes. And degaussers - the more I think about, fuze tech alone adds some much fun and gameplay diversity.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Cdodders said:

I want aircraft carriers just so I can make AA ships. I don't know how port defences will work in the campaign but I see myself converting old Pre-Dreadnoughts and eventually early Dreadnoughts into floating fortresses, Keeping their MB but having lots of AA guns and as much armour as possible

The japanese developed special AA shells for their main battery. Would be nice to see those implemented as well. They were not very reliable in their use tho.

• Like 3

How interesting to sit and reflect upon this game. I purchased it almost exactly one year ago, as I had shreked my back last October and was home from work for almost 10 days. I bought this game during that time and it got me through it. Now, almost a year later I can see just how far it's come since then.. and uh.. huh. Yeah. I bought it just after update 2, 3? I think it was 2. Hmm. All I have to say is hmm. Lets see how this patch goes, when it goes. When ever it goes.

• Like 2