Game-Labs Forum

Patch: Welcome to the Caribbean Part 3 - Improved RVR, ROE and New player mission

admin

Wooden Chests

- Introduce mission Conquest PvP Hunt/Kill

- counts unique kills in Port Battles only ( so facing the same PB fleet over and over again does not produce results )

- rewards Wooden Chests after X kills

Victory Marks are "regular income" for port control anyway.

Edited by Hethwill

23 hours ago, admin said:

• Battle timer increased to 5 mins (but can be increased further during experimentation phrase)
    • Exit timer is up to 3 mins (from 2 mins)

I just noticed that my fleet ai traders also needed way longer to leave a battle after the "retreat" command (4.xx mins iirc)

If that is a side effect of the quoted part, it goes into the wrong direction....

pls hotfix

Edited by Jan van Santen

41 minutes ago, erelkivtuadrater said:

imo permits arent needed on the wrong ships etc trinc (meta), imagine how many different ships we would see in OW if say the Cherubim were the only 5th rate that wouldnt need permits

although i love the result of your idea, i fear it won´t be like that. better to find some rewarding mechanics for the "forgotten" ships. usually those are my loved ones :)

Admin, I would like to suggest you limit attacking players to 5th rates and below, when it comes to fighting the new "small Home Defense Fleets" particularly when they also carry wooden chests (main reason to go after them).

I noticed people are afraid with DLC large ships 5th rates become more and more obsolete as everyone hops on big vessel. So "small HDF" reserved to 5th rates would mean a nice incentive to use frigates and smaller. Adds to variety. Also lower rank players get a chance to get wooden chests this way.

Let the lineships deal with "big HDF" meantime.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, admin said:

Captains!

focus on

• ROE
  • Circles
  • Battle timers
  • Port battle mechanics
  • Investments and other patch features.. 

Avoid off topic - off topic posts will be removed. 

• Battle Timer/ROE
    • Why is battle timer increased to 5 min? We will only get the undocking gank fleet as many complained about before.
    • The intention to change from tag to % was to remove griefing, but what stops a player to sail around with navy loodsman, try to chase and retag the same player over and over again inevitably leading to the same outcome?
  • RVR
    • Survive for 30 mins? what does it mean, you have to stay alive for 30 mins (requin/tlynx inc)? you have to protect the flag for 30 mins?  All i see is you removed the content for alot of players that didnt have ships to use in port battles, but could help the nation in screening.
    • IMO it would make alot more sense if you could do the port battle right away after those 30 mins with a notice to that certain nation that it was under attack.
  • Circles
    • Good that removed the problem if people were out of sync and just missed a battle entry :) 
  • Havent looked into investments.
Edited by erelkivtuadrater

1 hour ago, admin said:

Not sure.. 

Here is the logic
Money Locker - inflation control
Wooden chests is just 50 ships. but 10-15 people can do it in a reasonable time - it is possible to estimate the time to achieve it. And it does not require taking something from others.
Victory marks were calculated for a small clan of 10-15 people and it requires taking something from others.

Victory marks feel low for YOUR clan. But they definitely do not feel low for a small clan association of 20 people, who control 3-4 ports max.
I now think that VMs are somewhat high. 

We also follow the gamedev law - start high here.. As it is 100Ñ… easier to lower/relax thresholds than to raise them.

Why not only 40 wooden chest and 1 seasonning shed permit?

Like this you need to open wooden chest sometime for have the permit, slowing the process of rush port upgrade.

Make solo player/small clan  have a item to sell for big clan.

Seasonning shed permit start to be less and less usefull item ( lot of player already got the building) , that can give to this item a 2nd life

4 hours ago, Urchin said:

Control Perk needs to have it's range reduced to 500m, now it negates the new HP damage % for the battle timer too much. 

Perhaps, but I would say that this new battle exiting system might prove to have the nice side effect of making certain ships that didn't have bow chasers, which pretty much made them unusable for OW PvP, suddenly usable again. I'm thinking ships like Belle Poule and Essex. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Navalus Magnus said:

1. Provided she's not that much prone anymore to get leakshoted she now seems to be a good alternative to Santi and l'Ocean:

Looked up the stats again and a bit more thorough:

The crafted Vic might even become the new meta ship for pb if her weakness of getting leakshoted is solved actually!

image.png.16083daf0c48fa09e3cf9b5247cc575a.pngimage.png.b74fc5650c1575c1afbab87790f8ff2c.png

So, is this increase exponential or linear?

Port Development 1 is expensive enough. You are talking 15 Mil reals and 4-5 hours grinding HDF's per point and that's with 15 people.

If they increase per point then only the richest and most active nations/clans even have a chance at increasing a port. 

Edited by Redman29
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, admin said:

Captains!

focus on

• ROE
  • Circles
  • Battle timers
  • Port battle mechanics
  • Investments and other patch features.. 

Avoid off topic - off topic posts will be removed. 

I play on the Peace server and this is about maintaining hostilities the way they currently are:

Could it be made that only hostilities missions started after the initial time frame are counted towards the Port Battle counter?

It would remove the current uncertainty of "leave at the right second" and turn it into a battle for which nation/clans are more efficient in battle.

3 minutes ago, mikawa said:

I thought it stays the same for all points to increase?

Look at my screenshots. Port development 1 is 50 Wooden chests, 10 money lockers, and 30 VM's. Port development 2 cost 55 wooden chests, 11 money lockers, and 32 VM's. So correct to assume that the values will increase per point it is just a matter of how much.

And Nikolai has done the math if you look at his post for a linear increase. 

Edited by Redman29

17 minutes ago, Louis Garneray said:

The Vic? the coming Trinc? the RvR?

Or just having a patch.

I'm just trying to stay objective, and see what the only numbers available to me can tell me about the state of the game outside of what I feel about it.

People who left, are (for whatever reason), are not coming back because there is a new 45 dollar ship to buy, nor will they be too excited over a trinco daily. Some patches could attract new players to try game out, or old players to return. This doesn't feel like one of them.

However, i'm not saying it's bad patch. Nothing included in patch really affect me or my way of "sea" life. Some will say patch is improvement, others will say it's not. Doesn't matter, the patch at least generate some income to the dev team which will help keep game running.

Edited by Kejsaren

48 minutes ago, Louis Garneray said:

I'm watching closely that chart...

https://steamcharts.com/app/311310#3m

And so far I don't see any excitement in the player base... Let's see what happen over the weekend.

What if this is the end of Naval Action this time AGAIN.
Hey mate. Perhaps you should have already seen the pattern you know. You have been posting links to this chart once a year ;)
It falls to 400 then it goes to 1000 then it falls to 400 and then it goes up to 1000.

But you keep on watching .. Please report your discoveries as you find more information. 

1 minute ago, admin said:

Hey mate. Perhaps you should have already seen the pattern you know.
It falls to 400 then it goes to 1000 then it falls to 400 and then it goes up to 1000.

Actually pattern is clear: since release we have 2 online drops and 1 online rise.

• 1st online dropping was last year late summer- early autumn mostly because people finished developing economy (active farming, cargo carrying etc) and taking vital ports + RVR stalled after HAVOC (and others) failed to beat Russians
  • Next online rise was mostly in the end of the year due to sale and making trade profitable again + need to farm S-Woods. Later trend continued due to Great War
  • 2nd online dropping is that spring is because war ended and RVR became useless (Russia is hegemon now) + many wanted to rest a bit and were waiting for the patch

Overall logic is that these changes are mostly tied to OW activities - RVR and trade/economy, not to introducing new ships and equipment

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Kejsaren said:

People who left, are (for whatever reason), are not coming back because there is a new 45 dollar ship to buy, nor will they be too excited over a trinco daily. Some patches could attract new players to try game out, or old players to return. This doesn't feel like one of them.

However, i'm not saying it's bad patch. Nothing included in patch really affect me or my way of "sea" life. Some will say patch is improvement, others will say it's not. Doesn't matter, the patch at least generate some income to the dev team which will help keep game running.

I think some left because of the RvR situation. And since the new patch is mainly about RvR maybe some of them will come back?
I guess the numbers of the weekend will tell us.

18 minutes ago, admin said:

What if this is the end of Naval Action this time AGAIN.
Hey mate. Perhaps you should have already seen the pattern you know. You have been posting links to this chart once a year ;)

But you keep on watching .. Please report your discoveries as you find more information. 

My only interest in those patches is increase of population. More population = more people to fight.
I play in the evening (Eastern US time) from 10PM to 2 AM usually and it has been a challenge in the last few weeks to find something to fight in a somewhat balanced way.
The few options we have are ganking (victim or perpetrator) or the lucky balanced encounter once in a while in the PZ or in front of a port.

Edited by Louis Garneray
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Louis Garneray said:

I am still hoping after each patch that the pop will come back.

It won't come back.

It will go up and down as it has, but that's it. The game is finished and the playerbase you see is the playerbase we have. Some patches here and there not going to change it. Only drastic changes can swing the population either way. I do however feel that population can reach a stable 1k, and i think it's the rvr "situation" that keeps it from reaching that.