Game-Labs Forum

Patch: Welcome to the Caribbean Part 3 - Improved RVR, ROE and New player mission

admin

1 hour ago, Genevieve Malfleurs said:

so you took a super-meta-ship for easiest kill and run, and suddenly there is an even bigger super-meta-ship for easy hit n run. would you also complain about the fact that this ridiculous, old wood heap Inger can run down many much smaller, modern-shaped vessels?

Ingermanland and Wapen jib rig arrangement and stays are a very "old" precursor ( took almost a century to finally get the rig right we get in the napoleonic period ). For one they would have less control on the turns ( yes Wapen, yes... ) and another is go beyond 90º without any kind of effort :D

But hey, don't touch my meta !!!!

( disclaimer: I do not support dlc specifically. I simply do not support magical worlds. But instead of whining too much I whine a bit and always look to way of improving the realism. The more realistic simulation the better my meta. Don't touch my meta !!!! Oh wait...  )

Edited by Hethwill
  • Like 2

Could I have a "Privateer 1785" DLC ?

Whiners will kill me, but for the moment, the biggest kill I got in a Privateer is limited to Hercules. Just a shame.😅

@admin, please. 🙂 🙂 🙂

Edited by Aquillas
  • Like 2

On 5/28/2020 at 5:03 AM, admin said:
    • New woods can be only used in crafting (they are not available in notes or redeemables)
  •  

Sooooooo...... I'm supposed to buy a $50 DLC ship (just put $70 in my steam wallet for this) BUT I don't get new wood selection???

On 5/28/2020 at 1:34 PM, admin said:

But we KNOW there are people who despise the crafter/gatherer gameplay and will just redeem the ship and jump into action. 

Who enjoys the actual gathering? Just like in reality it's the outcome that makes the effort worth it isn't it? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

Who enjoys the actual gathering? Just like in reality it's the outcome that makes the effort worth it isn't it? 

I like crafting, fishing and trading.  I enjoy sailing also.  There are a variety of reasons to play the game.   Not everyone plays exclusively for combat.  Lots of players like the variety.  

Edited by Macjimm
  • Like 4

Got tagged by my first "Light Fleet".

801C69483C0F3112C79AAEE9F6DBE3345FF22CE2

They were very fast. I had trouble to keep out a Bermuda(s)/Bermuda(s) purple Niagara.

The light fleet stayed grouped, I did not succeed in the first battle, to split them and kill one at a time. 

I sailed downwinds, taking into account my ship characteristics, the Prince and the Requin followed easily and stayed grouped with the Surprise and Cerberus.

The Surprise was clearly faster than my Niagara.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Macjimm said:

I like crafting, fishing and trading.  I enjoy sailing also.  There are a variety of reasons to play the game.   Not everyone plays exclusively for combat.  Lots of players like the variety.  

That explains why you don't need repairs to do PVP 

3 hours ago, Macjimm said:

When I the game was still early in OW stage I had folks in clan that would go gather bottles when they popped up random all over the place.  I known a lot of guys that stopped playing cause they dumb down crafting so much. I actually enjoy crafting and trading along with RvR, PvP and other things, but I hate the RNG grind to get things I should not have to hope luck gives me.  I like crafting my own ships how I want them not to have to buy a DLC and use that instead cause I can't get lucky RNG drops.  In all the permits I gotten the only two that was usefull was one Santi and One bellona permit.  The rest where ships I don't care for or most was just random mods that wheren't really worth the trouble of the special grind to get certain loot box's.

Just bought the game,and its starting off poorly. I can join and play on the pve server without any problems,but when i try to join the pvp server it lets me choose a character name then just sits on the loading screen. Nothing happens.

On 5/30/2020 at 2:25 AM, erelkivtuadrater said:

But deep water frigates all you see is either hercules or trincomalees. Why are we never seeing essexes, pirate frigates, or belle poules? Because they are simply inferior ships toward the trinc and since you can craft it easily, why sail something that probably looks better, but 99 out of 100 times would lose a engagement with a ship that required equal or less effort to craft? 

Is that fun? Knowing when you go into a battle that the chance for you to survive is that slim, because you know for the fact that its gonna be a fast ship, with fully decked out 32pd carronades, alot tough er hullwise and will just angle away your puny longs as he approaches you on an angle? This is what you dont get in any other rate, 6th rates for instance has the Niagara with permit, of course the strongest ship in its class, but it required a permit to get crafted so if you want the best you have play or as of now pay for it.

Because of the 5th rates what can really match the trinc is an other trinc, endy or Diana, but with carronades, or just the 32pd snow. 

So your plan of action is to get lets say a Belle Poule, get attacked by a full Carros Trinc and then sit side by side and exchange broadsides ??? 
You have to understand that broadside weight is just one characteristic of a ship. If you only care about that and dont see what cons having that kind of broadside brings to the table, you should just get a 1st rate  instead...

I can lay down how its going to go for you if you fight a trinc in anything that turns better.
IF you know what you are doing, you are going to give her (the trinc) a couple of stern rakes. Then grape her once, then board her and win... Now if you are one of those people that still do     "Attack, Fire Deck Guns, Fire Muskets, Fire Grenades, Repeat", regardless of what the other guy is doing then im sorry, you are going to have to waste a lot more time trying to sink her...

*insert git gud meme here*

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Henry Long Castle said:

So your plan of action is to get lets say a Belle Poule, get attacked by a full Carros Trinc and then sit side by side and exchange broadsides ??? 
You have to understand that broadside weight is just one characteristic of a ship. If you only care about that and dont see what cons having that kind of broadside brings to the table, you should just get a 1st rate  instead...

I can lay down how its going to go for you if you fight a trinc in anything that turns better.
IF you know what you are doing, you are going to give her (the trinc) a couple of stern rakes. Then grape her once, then board her and win... Now if you are one of those people that still do     "Attack, Fire Deck Guns, Fire Muskets, Fire Grenades, Repeat", regardless of what the other guy is doing then im sorry, you are going to have to waste a lot more time trying to sink her...

*insert git gud meme here*

and in what other than a snow will you do that while not giving it any chance to shoot at you?

awaiting answers but im sure it will be crickets

2 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I known a lot of guys that stopped playing cause they dumb down crafting so much.

I suspect that you are correct Texas, but crafting is not likely to become more complex than it is now.  Many players enjoyed the process previously, but it's behind us now.  I just hope that the last little bit of player to player trading is not completely removed.  Buying and selling from port shops, and Delivering Cargo, gets tiresome quickly. 

A bartender that works at the local pub doesn't have to worry about obtaining a drink.   The poor drunk complains that he never has one.   The prosperous patrons enjoy the experience.   A good natured pub owner is happy to share and provide a service. Like real life, the journey not the arrival matters.

Edited by Macjimm
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Cdre Victor Walpole said:

Did small home defense fleet have chance to drop wooden chests requied to port uprage? 

Read Opening Post by devs.

Small Home Defense Fleet does not drop anything until developers do something to them, unless they refer only Flags.

In any case the Small Home Defense Fleets should not be "attackable" so to limit "easy mode" by taking them on with overwhelming firepower. @admin

Edited by Hethwill

15 hours ago, Sea Fox said:

Sooooooo...... I'm supposed to buy a $50 DLC ship (just put $70 in my steam wallet for this) BUT I don't get new wood selection???

Pssssst... you buy a ship because you want to sail that ship, not because you want to grind new woods from her.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Hethwill said:

Read Opening Post by devs.

Small Home Defense Fleet does not drop anything until developers do something to them, unless they refer only Flags.

In any case the Small Home Defense Fleets should not be "attackable" so to limit "easy mode" by taking them on with overwhelming firepower. @admin

Thanks

Edited by Hethwill

9 hours ago, BoatyMcBoatFace said:

and in what other than a snow will you do that while not giving it any chance to shoot at you?

awaiting answers but im sure it will be crickets

Maybe ships like the pirate frigate, surprise, hercules, just to name a few... 
Yea those ships are still in the game, shocking right ?

You will get shot at a bit, but will the damage of the 5-6 balls he will be able to put at you every time he fires enough? probably not. Not to mention that the trinco's guns sit so high above the water that if she is healing just a bit, she wont be able to get guns at you.

Edited by Henry Long Castle

Exit timer on battles

Got pulled into battle several times now near our capital by rookies.  It is a bit messy and confusing near Gustavia with all the ships around. Additionally the pulling circle got bigger, so I understand that. No ill feelings.
But every time I was stuck in instance far from the battle itself for 8 minutes without firing or receiving a shot. That got a bit tedious after the third time. 
Any chance of getting that changed?

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Suppenkelle said:

Exit timer on battles

Got pulled into battle several times now near our capital by rookies.  It is a bit messy and confusing near Gustavia with all the ships around. Additionally the pulling circle got bigger, so I understand that. No ill feelings.
But every time I was stuck in instance far from the battle itself for 8 minutes without firing or receiving a shot. That got a bit tedious after the third time. 
Any chance of getting that changed?

This... It's beginning to get tedious in certain instances. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Otherwise, the patch has a lot of new things I've yet to really mess with. So far, what's been implemented is relatively bug-free for me. Nice to see continued work on this project, and a tosser Trinc I can make every 24h can work. 

Notice nobody is complaining about the Trincomalee ruining game-play like the Redoubtable or Victory DLCs. I humbly ask the detractors of getting a Trinc for free if they'd rather have something that would cause the "DLCs broke the shipbuilding game" crowd to become very vocal.

Trincomalees are not exactly harmless; in the right situations they are great. 

I love the new control tweak. No body would ever be able to stop a ship from sailing off simply by lobbing ball shot through a sail every 2min. 
Sure, the control perk will be used, but like anything, there is a trade off there. It's not so outrageous.

• Like 1

On 5/30/2020 at 11:04 AM, Genevieve Malfleurs said:

would you also complain about the fact that this ridiculous, old wood heap Inger can run down many much smaller, modern-shaped vessels?

Nah, go upwind and suddenly inger useless.

On 5/28/2020 at 12:03 PM, admin said:

Every current owner of the game will receive a special ship redeemable every 24 hours

@admin how does it work? i have the ''DLC required'' picture for trincomalee but i'm a current owner of the game