Game-Labs Forum

World Ceasefire Declared - Hostilities stop on Monday.

admin

Kings and Queens, Parliaments have decided that hostility missions will no longer be available from Monday 25th May. 
New methods and doctrines of attacks will gradually spread across the West Indies after proper deliberations with peers and lords. 

• Like 18

22 minutes ago, admin said:

Kings and Queens, Parliaments have decided that hostility missions will no longer be available from Monday 25th May. 
New methods and doctrines of attacks will gradually spread across the West Indies after proper deliberations with peers and lords. 

Do you have a timeline for how long the deliberations will take? Essentially, starting on Monday the map will stay as it is until a new system is implemented, so it would be good if we knew how long that would be! 😃

1 hour ago, Swedish Berserker said:

RIP Screening 

RIP The best Fights I ever had in this game........... 

RIP Russians showing up to kill entire fleets of port battle participants even though their port isn't being attacked.

RIP Demotivating gameplay being exploited by wealthy and populous nations ruining the other half of the server's fun and investments into ships for PBs.

Hello, fairer port battle play. 
Huzzah!

• Like 3

Just now, DDZ_Vasduten said:

Ridiculous.

Screening is one of the most abused set of combined mechanics we have currently.

Good riddance, I say.

I didn't say it wasn't a fun time to go and screen... just that it alienates both attacker and defender from the actual point of the port battle: One group from a nation gets together, outfits ships and readies for a big battle; the defenders do that same but WAIT! 20 Russians in snows, Trincs and any turd that floats with floating battery and fireship mods. 

That stuff is ridiculous and has no place in a port battle NOT involving the interloping nation.

22 minutes ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

Typical behavior of some Naval Action players: declare the game dead whenever a new mechanic comes to game. ^^

There are lots of players that  have always declared the game is dead because the devs fail to change the game to address some player's demands.  Lots of players declare the game is dead cause of the availabilty, and unavailability, of DLCs.  Other say the game is dead cause of Alts.

Seems like there are players who just enjoy whining and moaning that the game is dead, or dieing.  Not sure if it matters what the reason is , for the game's demise, some players just get a kick out of spreading the message of woe.   This new mechanic seem like a good excuse to start ranting that the sky is falling. 

Five  years of dire predictions, that NA will not survive, and yet there are still lots of players.  

But, eventually these nay sayers will be proved correct.  Might be 5 years, or 10 years, or 30 years, but someday the game will die, and these players will point at the announcement and say "See, told ya so".

Edited by Macjimm
  • Like 7

Screening has been one of the most...if not the most consistent source of content creation in the game thus far.  One could also say that the current downward trend in game pop is directly related to the lack of screening opportunities motivating players to log on.  

While we don’t really know what the proposed flag system will end up looking like, I’m one of the guys who remember the old system and wasn’t too sad to see it go.  The introduction of the hostility system and 24/48 hr PB was a big plus for those who wanted to plan content ahead and not sit around in port all night every night.  If you think this will help against the Russia Zerg.... I have a feeling it will end up benefiting Russia in the end.  Ultimately the flaws in screening as content were DLC ships, capturable 1st rate nukes and a  rather unclear definition of what’s griefing and what isn’t.

Edited by Christendom
  • Like 10

I personally like doing hostility missions. What I hate meantime is the "first clickidiclick millisecond game" when the timer actually begins - for determing who will get the port battle..

... most any change can be better than this. Anticipating that with pleasure.

Edited by Cetric de Cornusiac
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Captain Reverse said:

RIP battle 25 fireships vs 10k BR battle grup? 
RIP 25 fireships vs 25 normal ships, than againe 25x20, than again retag and 25 vs 15? 

oooo, realy bad 

1 hour ago, mexicanbatman said:

if you just remove its for the russians you solved it aswell

Totally agree with you. 

55 minutes ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

I personally like doing hostility missions. What I hate meantime is the "first clickidiclick millisecond game" when the timer actually begins - for determing who will get the port battle..

GB has not had this problem in a while.  We used to, but worked on our communication and other than a single random here and there it has not been a problem.

Back to the main point, will this kill NA?  Don't know, but now only the select few will be in RVR,  I don't know about other nations, but when Belize was under attack by Spanish and traitors, we had over a hundred involved in that RVR from all ranks.  Everybody had a purpose to serve the nation, now... Max 25 is all that is needed is experienced, skilled captains.  Thus if you are interested in participating but are not already on the short list, well, there is PVP zone and econ to do.  Entering a port battle by beaming in instantly was an exploit the devs fixed years ago, I find it strange they are now making it the Port Battle Mechanic.  We will all see, but I am understandably very skeptical of this having a positive result for nations, or the game population as a whole.  Making this sort of end game content so exclusive, along with fine woods 2.0, gear stacking ships to make them sailing fortresses that can repair from 15% to 90% in 5 minutes, being able to lose MONTHS of hard work from losing one port and being further hobbled from being competitive.  Time will tell.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Captain Reverse said:

RIP battle 25 fireships vs 10k BR battle grup? 
RIP 25 fireships vs 25 normal ships, than againe 25x20, than again retag and 25 vs 15? 

oooo, realy bad 

You started the whole  fire ship thing  Reverse!!

First at San Juan were u showed up with a huge Fireship Fleet and nuked us wen we came out to Counter "Hostility" 

And then in the LT Channel were you and BF tagged our PB fleet for St Nic and then we did it to you guys wen u attacked Basse Terre, North Viking even said it in your Stream "Thanks Reverse for showing them" so don't Akt like the Victim now 😜😋

Edited by Swedish Berserker
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Cetric de Cornusiac said:

... most any change can be better than this. Anticipating that with pleasure.

That's only on PvE server 

Edited by Swedish Berserker

2 hours ago, DDZ_Vasduten said:

RIP Russians showing up to kill entire fleets of port battle participants even though their port isn't being attacked.

RIP Demotivating gameplay being exploited by wealthy and populous nations ruining the other half of the server's fun and investments into ships for PBs.

Hello, fairer port battle play. 
Huzzah!

What about that time when the brits lost Belize to NPC raid, and swedes was camping Belize when they tried to flip it. 

That was demotivating for the brits i belive.

18 minutes ago, Nixolai said:

What about that time when the brits lost Belize to NPC raid, and swedes was camping Belize when they tried to flip it. 

That was demotivating for the brits i belive.

Well that is a really Bad move lol I wasn't there and I wouldn't support such a action! But I heard same from Russians at SDC so yeah....... 

It's great to hear that we have now2 PvE servers. :):) 
Several months ago, it was bawled out that this game is a PvP game.
 Isn't screening a PvP ??Is Pb no PvP??
Are we in early access version 1250?? that is simply announced that there will be no ports from 25.5. can be attacked !!! TOP !!!!
I have understood one thing since I started playing this game, flamed the devs and howling around because you can get everything done from Kiew.
Once again one of these headless and ridiculous measures from Kiev.

• Like 2