Game-Labs Forum

Game should just have Historically accurate nations

40 minutes ago, Koltes said:

Hire me to be your game designer, content and community manager. I guarantee you triple average server population number by the end of the year. By end of next year I guarantee you will have 3 over populated servers. You can pay me on commission basis paid on anything above your current figures.

Good luck, and my best wishes. But consider that the forum is full of good ideas which were never considered.

31 minutes ago, van stiermarken said:

Good luck, and my best wishes. But consider that the forum is full of good ideas which were never considered.

Please stop bringing this strange phrase that we dont consider them

We consider all good proposals and implemented most ideas that we liked, including open world itself (na initally was a instance based lobby shooter). We never promised that we will implement all the player proposals and never promised that we will reply to each of them. Proposals were always considered. Now there is even a streamlined system to get the attention to them
https://forum.game-labs.net/forum/69-feature-proposals-and-gameplay-help-qa/

The main bottleneck is not good ideas, the bottleneck is in programmers.
Many demand that we work like a 20-100+ crew AAA company, demand that we review every post and reply to everyone, they forget that NA is an indie game made by a small indie team. At the peak we had 3 programmers, now we have one. None of our games had teams bigger than 3 programmers. 

Now to both @Koltes and you

The game is being sold as is. This is the game. 50+ ships, beautiful world, adrenaline and frustration. With its beauty and flaws. Consider the game done. It might improve, but not by much.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, van stiermarken said:

Sorry but this, my friend, is the stupidest thing I've ever read here in this forum.
but at least it confirms my opinion about the players in the Russian nation.

Then you need braincells to understand that sweden-GB was at war, pirates-GB is at war and spain-GB is at war

2 hours ago, admin said:

The only natural limiter of large nations is crew recruitment and conversion times (you cant recruit crew in a port you just captured and 50 in game years must pass before you can recruit or repopulate with immigrants)

That's in a sort of way the Malus suggested in some thread, that hit labor hours, resources and maybe crew on ship. 

edit part : maybe alts in other nation could be a trick to avoid that soulution

Edited by Conte D. Catellani
added a part about alts

3 hours ago, admin said:

The second best limiter is forced alliances. But forced alliances while increasing RVR options, drastically reduce global pvp 

Me and many people heavily disagree on this one. 

You can have fixed historical alliances between nations, and make the pirates pirates again with the main focus on pvp, meaning free for all, this would actually create a uniqueness to your game instead of mirrored factions with no differences other then the flags.

Edited by erelkivtuadrater
  • Like 3

49 minutes ago, erelkivtuadrater said:

Me and many people heavily disagree on this one. 

You can have fixed alliances between nations, and make the pirates pirates again with the main focus on pvp, meaning free for all, this would actually create a uniqueness to your game instead of mirrored factions with no differences other then the flags.

No cuse then u kill oben world PVP if alliances then only RVR relater

• Like 1

What do you think of a simple detector of hostility between nations? a percentage that indicates the degree of aggression of one nation towards another, perhaps even among clans.
Low percentage of non-nation warships can use dock and traders have a nice red warning that they are potentially a friendly nation. high percentage of hostility all like now

• Like 1

As players and clans seem impotent to solve the problem of having an overgrown massive empire on the map suffocating fun for everybody else, there will have to be a game mechanism which brakes up *any* overgrown empire. Did I hear civil war? - I did.

But to outline this, the otherwise working format of 'future feature proposals' is not suitable. Complicated things there get downvoted as plebs prefer simple things immediately promising them personal advantages (who does not like more dockspace). Also any deeper strike at the roots of the game will mean, some people will see something taken from them, and admin said no proposals will be considered which do so. Hence, we are trapped with how it is now.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, admin said:

We are not planning to change national mechanics

прилично так людей отписалось, что именно эту механику надо менять...
весь этот сбор предложений фарс, куча спама по сути, из которого ничего толком нельзя родить если никто не занимается организацией обусждения (что приемлемо для реализации, что нет, что можно объединить, что уточнить)

9 hours ago, admin said:

We are not planning to change national mechanics or number of nations, until current priorities are done - they may never get on the list as there is always something more important than this.

Then just change the clan alliance mechanics...

Enable alliances between clans from any nation.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Nixolai said:

No one is owning the server besides Admin.... Russia made friends, cus others like sweden, pirates and spanish hated them... this is self inflicted damage that you all are blaming russia for... 

no russia is a zerg owning 95% of the map and all but 2 55 point ports dont give me bullshit

Major. Port investments improvements

Players will be able to invest into increase in port points, drastically changing the flexibility of port control bringing it into the alliance hands

12 minutes ago, mexicanbatman said:

no russia is a zerg owning 95% of the map and all but 2 55 point ports dont give me bullshit

Maybe this point in the upgrade will help to have more big shipyard

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Nixolai said:

Then you need braincells to understand that sweden-GB was at war, pirates-GB is at war and spain-GB is at war

Ah I like it when people like you become personal. but that's nothing new here.

and I would recommend to you to learn proper English, so that it comes not to misunderstandings.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2020 at 12:57 PM, ChineseBatman said:

This game would be far better with Historically accurate Nations. At least as historically accurate as being in and around the Caribbean within 200 years of when it’s supposed to be set.

Especially with this game, it is obvious that less rather than more in this specific case is much better. The game does not need more nations. Especially ones that where never in the period.

Example get rid of Poland, China and Russia. Nations that should of never been introduced in the first place. At least if you where to keep China make them a sub faction of pirates with their own junks and types of Chinese orientated ships, not European ships lol.

Enable a much better spread of our player base into Historically accurate nations, allowing a much better rvr competition between the powers of the Caribbean. Less is more.

I just don't understand what is the probleme with nation?

This is a mmo game ,you can't just follow history of we just have a 3 nation map everytime , nothing move?

The game is what the player want to do, player join nation for rvr , pvp , more hard gameplay or more easy one.

Go remove russia for no more zerg?  , poland , china if you want , but what this will change? they will go to antoher nation and nothing change.

Its just a flag , russian player like play in russia cause they love to play for mother russia and, chinesse want play china and? ....

Its better to have more nation , some big nation who make lot of rvr , some small nation for player just want go pvp and have more target.

Always complain on think totaly usless is the main of the Na community, never enjoy what you got 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, rediii said:

? Owning a 55 point port doesnt help you.

Actually when you think 55 point ports are the issue it shows you have no idea about the game which actually is the issue why russia cant be beaten by the ppl playing that game atm

without big ports I don't think much can be done against russia, unless we use 1 rate dlc.

and always playing with the threat of losing construction sites is quite annoying.

So, yes I don't know these subtle dynamics of this elegant rvr but as a casual player, who has a life, a family, a job and does not use alt, having more ports where building ships with PB would be more safety. Personally I would prefer that there was the shipyard of the admiralty that gives you random port bonuses as for the DLC in the nation's capital or that PB are skill of players since i spent a lot of time like many in building shipyard

• Like 1

I am in game, since 2018, when russia was at corner of the map and my clan (3rd biggest in RU) was wiped out by the brits. I am on the forum since then.

Never in this time did me or any of the russians complain about being zerged. No one embarassed themselfs in forum, like you guys do.

Maybe thats why, more and more people joined RU, who wanted less complaining, more fighting

Edited by Poryv
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, mexicanbatman said:

i will correct you there its 29,8%, where did you get 95% from again?

Currently dutch own Caracas, french own Bridgetown and denmark-norway owns San juan, thats 3 ports owned by different countries.

14 minutes ago, Poryv said:

Maybe thats why, more and more people joined RU, who wanted less complaining, more fighting

It's astounding how much complaining is available in the forum and all chat, including the Help chat.  I have never considered joining Russia but your opinion is enticing.  I recently started playing more on the Peace server and the whining is very common there also.

Is this true?  Is there less moaning and bitching, about the game mechanics, in Russia Nation chat?

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Macjimm said:

Is this true?  Is there less moaning and bitching, about the game mechanics, in Russia Nation chat?

we dont know, its all in cyrllic...

but REDS clan chat is quite english, might even be german on a good day, no toxicity tho...

image.png.d592b13f604d68eff8381bb860bdbcfb.png

see nothing toxic here ;)

Edited by Nixolai

4 minutes ago, Macjimm said:

There is also bitching about devs in forums. Apparently no in game chat. There was bitching about each other in nation chat, before war with sweden, 6 months ago.

But i never saw, that somebody blames another nation for the current situation.

Edited by Poryv

6 hours ago, erelkivtuadrater said:

not sure if troll or not, but if i take you serious, how will that change ruin OW pvp? :) 

Cuse if u are in alliance with this and that many nations and u can't sink players from that nation u have less targets on the open world to fight! its as simple as that no troll no nothing........ 

7 minutes ago, rediii said:

hard to blame someone else's nation when the issue is your nation

"Papa Dev, my opponent plays chess to good, can you please change the rules?"
"Hey Opponent, you play way to good, can you please stop doing that!"

Edited by Poryv
  • Like 2