Game-Labs Forum

Forthcoming patch information

admin

8 hours ago, Robert Lance said:

Oh please tell me admin, your not going to do the odd ball gun drop, we are getting now with the elite AI. That would be a complete BS move on your part. Most players are sick of this crap rewards that are being given in the gold chests and bottles. Myself included. If your going to have the guns drop. At least give a complete decks worth. A top deck, middle deck, and bottom deck.

No, partial salvage is better. How do you think you could empty ALL guns from a sinking ship in the middle of the ocean? It simply has to be only a part of them, as time is ticking against you. Same with any other loot.

Edited by Cetric de Cornusiac
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, rediii said:

the 24h notice just makes sure that the same people play the portbattles allways. Which are also the most active and share their oppinion here a lot ofcourse

do something against fakeflags

do something against timewasting flags

only get the 24h notice for ports that got a huge investment or starting with a certain battlerating needed (>20k)

I agree on the same people in the same PB every single time, one of the reasons I try to avoid them and personally I find them boring. But what's worst, PB's with the same people in it or empty PB's?

When flags were used last, it worked in large part because you had the capital tp. You could go out and do stuff and in the event of a flag being pulled for an important port you could tp   back to capital and then join the PB. Even then there was a ton of empty PB's and now without a capital tp I have a feeling there will be even more. So are we expected to sit in port 4-6 hours a day waiting on a flag that may or may not be pulled or surrender your ship with 5 Mil worth of upgrades on it to get to a PB?

If this is done with no warning, then the vast majority of PB's will be empty as a lot of ports are only 10-15 minute sail for the attacker and we both know you can't put together a PB in that amount of time. Because let's face it. Attacker chooses the wind, starts with the wind, chooses who he wants in his fleet, and now defender has to put together a rag tag fleet on the fly, what's the point of defending? 

As for 24h notice according to BR. There are plenty of resource ports on the map that are 5700 BR ports and hurt just as bad as losing a crafting port. 

I'm not opposed to flags, but they were prone to exploiting and abuse. I abused them myself when Brits zerged the Spanish and took 40+ ports in 72 hours, almost all of them empty PB's. So done right then it will be good for the game, but that's fixing the false flags and greifing. 

Edited by Redman29
  • Like 2

On 4/29/2020 at 5:01 PM, admin said:

Flags are coming back!

Nice :) 

...but we need some perequisites though:

1. Combine Flags with current Frontline System

So only Flags can be bought from Admitality for the nearest enemy Ports

2. No general Flag

Every Port has its own Flag and Enemy gets a headsup when a Flag is bought for a specific Port

3. Every Flag gets a timer !

Flags can only be used in a time window of 24 - 26 hours (EDIT) after they get bought, which means you have the next day a 2 Hour window to plant your Flag

---> together with 2. we create this way a window for the defender to organize himself

4. FLAGS should be HEAVY 

Only the biggest Ships for the given Port Battle should be able to carry the Flag

---> no superfast light ships sailing past the Defender

5. Flags should be EXPENSIVE

Price depends on either the Rating of the Port or the investments made (latter would be better, but would make more work for programmer)

---> No Fake Attacks

6. Limited amount of Flags can be bought from Admirality per Day

Together with 5. this prevents massive Fake Attacks

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What do we want to achieve with the Flag System:

In my opinion, massive Open World Battles with meaningful screening and, after screening got defeated, the Port Battle right after

What do we NOT want to get:

- Massive Fake Attacks all over the Map

- fast ships with Flags sailing past defenders

- no warning for the defender

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a rushed out idea, needs more brainstorming though :) 

Edited by Sir Max Magic
  • Like 7

15 minutes ago, Sir Max Magic said:

2. No general Flag

Every Port has its own Flag and Enemy gets a headsup when a Flag is bought for a specific Port

Flags can only be used in a time window of 24 - 48 hours after they get bought

---> together with 2. we create this way a window for the defender to organize himself

4. FLAGS should be HEAVY 

Only the biggest Ships for the given Port Battle should be able to carry the Flag

Price depends on either the Rating of the Port or the investments made (latter would be better, but would make more work for programmer)

---> No Fake Attacks

In my opinion, massive Open World Battles with meaningful screening and, after screening got defeated, the Port Battle right after

Just a rushed out idea, needs more brainstorming ofc :) 

This...👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👍🏻😊

1 hour ago, Sir Max Magic said:

2. No general Flag

Flags can only be used in a time window of 24 - 48 hours after they get bought

4. FLAGS should be HEAVY 

---> No Fake Attacks

Just a rushed out idea, needs more brainstorming ofc :) 

@admin

You could tie the cost of flags to the power of a fraction:

- increased cost for nations with a big population

- increased cost for RvR high ranked fractions (the better the more cost)

• Like 1

A change as important as it fits in the current situation of the game? 

a nation with more resources, more ports, more ships and more players. From the first day of introduction it has an advantage over the smaller ones. As long as there are no penalties for being a great nation, there will be no improvement in the situation

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Conte D. Catellani said:

A change as important as it fits in the current situation of the game? 

a nation with more resources, more ports, more ships and more players. From the first day of introduction it has an advantage over the smaller ones. As long as there are no penalties for being a great nation, there will be no improvement in the situation

You should not penalize players but rather reward them for staying with the weaker side.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, PG Monkey said:

When we had flags before we only had one tp (I think with a 4 hour cooldown) . Its a lot easier to tp around the map now

That was removed quite early in 2016 though, while flags still remained a thing

3 hours ago, Baptiste Gallouédec said:

So stronger side players can benefit of the rewards via their alts ? No Thx.

Benefit, like what? Playing for the weaker side and helping them in battles against their original nation? If they will get bonus by helping the weaker side then whats wrong here?

Original idea is that you shouldnt nerf but improve.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Borch said:

Benefit, like what?

Perhaps if we provide increased resources, drops, Reals, Doubloons, etc to the weaker sides, the alts of the supernation will gobble them up and transfer them to their supernation account.  Some players have dozens of accounts.

2 hours ago, Macjimm said:

Perhaps if we provide increased resources, drops, Reals, Doubloons, etc to the weaker sides, the alts of the supernation will gobble them up and transfer them to their supernation account.  Some players have dozens of accounts.

If you nerf earnings in top nations they will send alts to the weaker ones to gobble the earnings up and transfer to their supernation account. Its the same. 

Like I said, its about the perception. It looks better to improve one side instead of nerfing other.

Besides, if you would develop a game trying to avoid cheaters then this game would be unplayable for everyone but especially people that are trying to play without cheats. You cant avoid alt abuse no matter what but you make the game worse for everybody trying.

On 4/29/2020 at 1:42 PM, Nixolai said:

its pretty annoying not to have a warning of an impending attack, but there should be no middle ground. Its either 24h warning time or none, if none i consider this a shitty update

We are forgetting about the 1 hour waisted or would say 3 hours we sat waiting to see if some one pulled the flag or not.  Some times we wouldn't pull a flag just to troll folks thinking we where going to attack.   Than other days we pull 5 flags and you had to guess which one if not more than one (we used multi alts) had the flags or not.  You also don't know where the flag was pulled, I would make it new flags would announce where it's pulled from so they have to make it through any such screeners to plant it.  It also needs to be heavy enough that no trader lynx or other super small fast ship can carry them.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, SwordSmith95 said:

Are Flags tradeable to other nations?

Ex. British pull Port X, they trade it to a French clan that then conducts the PB, and gets the port.

No that would make the flag dead.  Basicly it's a chest/flag that is put on the ship you are in when you pull one.  Now I remember we where able to trade ships between clan mates to trick folks. 

The two ways to kill a flag is to catch the ship with it and sink it or to keep them from getting to the port and planting it.  You have to get to the port and sit there for a set time once that is done the PB is set.   We use to pick crazy places with shallows to sit in to keep from being tagged by bigger ships that would normally patroll that area while clan mates tagged any one trying to stop you.

7 hours ago, Borch said:

If you nerf earnings in top nations they will send alts to the weaker ones to gobble the earnings up and transfer to their supernation account. Its the same. 

Like I said, its about the perception. It looks better to improve one side instead of nerfing other.

Besides, if you would develop a game trying to avoid cheaters then this game would be unplayable for everyone but especially people that are trying to play without cheats. You cant avoid alt abuse no matter what but you make the game worse for everybody trying.

Good points.

I can't see how the Devs can ever address alts earning resources, cash etc.  Nerfing or buffing the amount of Reals, Doubloons, resources, etc. will not change their availability, cause alts can just obtain them and then transfer them to the super nation.

Ive suggested that the Devs create advantages for the minor nations and a disincentive for the super nation.  A self balancing mechanic.  But the benefits are not for players but for the nation.  The super nation becomes increasing difficult to maintain as the weaker ones become easier.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

We are forgetting about the 1 hour waisted or would say 3 hours we sat waiting to see if some one pulled the flag or not.  Some times we wouldn't pull a flag just to troll folks thinking we where going to attack.   Than other days we pull 5 flags and you had to guess which one if not more than one (we used multi alts) had the flags or not.  You also don't know where the flag was pulled, I would make it new flags would announce where it's pulled from so they have to make it through any such screeners to plant it.  It also needs to be heavy enough that no trader lynx or other super small fast ship can carry them.

You could counter this by redoing how forts work in PB, make them more customizeable maybe through different designs and make them playable for players in PB's. Mostly all port battles fought was a large fleet vs different fortifications and a few ships, and it was more normally that the OW engagements had the huge fleet engagements, exceptions i can think of is Battle of Copenhagen.

This would do so a well planned attack could work, but it would be totally possible to defend the port without a full fleet of ships, but great utilization of the fort.

Edited by erelkivtuadrater

On 4/10/2020 at 11:50 AM, admin said:

• Hostility changes
    •  
    • Hostility will be done with a flag
    • Flags will replace hostility
    • Port battle will happen NEXT DAY after flag placement.

Honestly, i think gameplaywise, it should be opposite:

1. After a Flag is bought, its on a 24 hour cooddown

2. All Players gets immediately a headsup via "Conquest information" at ingame map

3. After the cooldown of 24 hours is expired, the owner of the Flag has 1 or 2 hours (matter of debate) time to place it

4. If the Flag has been placed, the Port Battle opens IMMEDIATELY, and Attacker and Defender can join at their likings

5. From now on, everything is like it is now

Advantages:

- no "magical" teleporting needed for the PB Fleet the next day !

- reasonable screening

- Defender gets a 24 hour headsup to prepare for defense

Disadvantages from @admin system:

- we will get massive Flag Attacks of whom the Defender isnt even aware of, or if he is aware, has nearly no time for planning a proper defense

- the next day, everytime the best 25 PB - Players of each side would be assembled, teleporting magically into Port and having their showdown...whilst the rest of the server will just sitting idle aside and hoping for the best :( 

Edited by Sir Max Magic
  • Like 3

Maybe add that when you win a PB by being in the PB you cannot do any pb's of flag planting on that account for 24 hours.

This does two things, it makes an alt account (more money to the company) more important than just for production.
Also means that unless it's alt accounts flipping every other port it opens opportunity for other players to join in.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2020 at 5:01 PM, admin said:

Flags are coming back!

Why on earth do you bring back something that didn't work in the first place?

Who even likes hostilities you asked? Well first you should've asked before you go back to a mechanic that didn't work well. But the main thing is you actually should have asked.

How about changing die hostility mechanics itself instead of bringing back stupid flags?

You know what I don't understand? You bring back the races for fast trader Lynx but you removed the screening of the battle fleet. So people have to buy flags like at the beginng, sail that flag to the port like at the beginning, place the flag like at the beginning and because you didn't like all the griefing around all this mechanics we teleport our fleets into the battle. What's your logic behind that? And THAT's exactly the point where I ask if you even play this game yourself. And by playing I mean on a daily base on the regular server. Not just a few hours on some intern test servers.

You want an idea to make hostility better? You shouldn't have allowed for enemies to enter them from the very first moment to begin with. And instead of making it an event in which the better clock stoppers are winning make it that the hostility battles can only start at a certain time. For me I liked them. Why? Because we like to fight ships you know. That's why we are playing this game. What we don't like is the exhausting pressure to catch some uncatchable little bugger with a flag. That's what we all hated and was replaced.

Edited by CptEdwardKenway
  • Like 1