Game-Labs Forum

Alt clans keeping Major ports

7 minutes ago, Teutonic said:

100% would vote to kill port bonuses.

just keep investments purely econ based, resources, rare trade goods.

it would have been 100% better if "port bonuses" meant unlocking Refits that we can't normally craft (like Boston Harbor Refit or Redoutable Refit) or making sure you can CHOOSE your refit type.

issue then is there will be always be 1 "meta" trim, see 2018, trims based on the port you craft in. Can't recall the exact name (was it "Strong Hull"?) but one of the port that had it was Wilmington on the US coast.

Another "downside" of removing port bonusses is, no more fixed goals in RvR, thus a less active game. Taking ports becomes useless again. Frontlines in combination with port features fuel RvR.

Maybe an easier adjustment would be simply lowering the port bonusses stats?

Edited by Liq
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, rediii said:

LAMA is milking GB (taxes) and it seems like threatening them to remove them from friendslist, keeping GB hostage with it

We toom the port with us since there is no clan-nationchange mechanic etc. Keeping it real. Whats worse? :D

We attempted to do something similar with Nuevitas rather than drop it neutral since they would have to pump more resouces into rebuilding.....but that didn't turn out so hot in the end for pirates  #thankskoltes.   If LAMA is still milking taxes there without messing with the friends list they should have to the right to do so after fighting the battles and building up the upgrades.  Maybe it appears they are holding clans hostage, which is no bueno.  

Regardless allowing GB access to the port rather than jacking it from the nation completely, as your clan did, is still the lesser of 2 evils.  Don't pat yourself on the back just yet.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shunt said:

you think that lama took those ports all by themselves and built all the defences and port bonus features alone ... GB as a nation took SDC there was more than just LAMA in that port battle ,,, other clans helped grinding hostility   GB Clans contributed  victory marks, doubloons and combat medals to LAMA to build the defenses and port bonuses ... then LAMA decide to go Prussian and hold us hostage  with the threat of dropping clans from friends list ...a lot of players have lvl 3 ship yards in SDC  and its not a simple  matter to go build another elsewhere ,,, the effort  and grinding to get CMs and doubloons to build up SDC and build a lvl 3 shipyard will drive players out of the game . if KRAKES actions force them to do it again elsewhere.... its one thing to lose a port to an enemy ..to be held hostage  by another nation is another ... Krake clan over the weekend demanded all the ports from la navasse  to Sale trou . the entire les cayes region . in exchange for SDC ... if  GB captians are still active in LAMA how do Krake have the ability to make this offer ????

@admin Krake are driving youur customers out of the game with their actions

I never said it was LAMA alone. I was talking to you specifically, where you at the battles? not just for SDC but for Les Cayes, Saint Nic, PoP? Where you there? did you put money into it? cause it's you here complaining about it like you are owed something. 

Edited by Never

42 minutes ago, Never said:

I never said it was LAMA alone. I was talking to you specifically, where you at the battles? not just for SDC but for Les Cayes, Saint Nic, PoP? Where you there? did you put money into it? cause it's you here complaining about it like you are owed something. 

me as an individual ...???    yeah i grinded hostility for sdc and was in the port battle when they took it ... les cayes i was there  saint nic  no and PaP isnt lamas  i contributed cm and doubies to my clan and my clan contributed to building SDC ... I wear size 10 shoes ,, have 3 kids and no mortgage ,, anything else you would like to know

however Im not speaking for my own benefit but for GB players benefit ... maybe you are hapy that they will leave game if clans are kicked from LAMA friends list .. you can maybe be happy playing game with no enemy

Edited by shunt

so if i understand most of you right: it would be ok if we had gone to pirates and take the port with us than let everyone craft? yes we removed las cause they attacked us with no warning. but added them again to friendlist one day later.

ok maybe we should just take sdc to krake if this solves the problem :)

and pls no complain from havoc or nato. you forced the situation by taking trux :)

Edited by Captain Cid
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Teutonic said:

100% would vote to kill port bonuses.

just keep investments purely econ based, resources, rare trade goods.

it would have been 100% better if "port bonuses" meant unlocking Refits that we can't normally craft (like Boston Harbor Refit or Redoutable Refit) or making sure you can CHOOSE your refit type.

This I could go for. Fx. an xp system that allows you to unlock a refit when you've crafted x1000 ships of a give type (we all love the grind ofc).

4 hours ago, Liq said:

issue then is there will be always be 1 "meta" trim, see 2018, trims based on the port you craft in. Can't recall the exact name (was it "Strong Hull"?) but one of the port that had it was Wilmington on the US coast.

Another "downside" of removing port bonusses is, no more fixed goals in RvR, thus a less active game. Taking ports becomes useless again. Frontlines in combination with port features fuel RvR.

There were more PBs when we had no port bonus' and RvR didn't really matter. And the playerbase wasn't that much larger than it is today.

It would appear that the Port Bonus/Clan Based system of upgrading ships is not a huge success.  Frankly I much prefered the system during the fine woods days where anything and anyone crafted in that port received the upgrades regardless  aka Strong Hull.  Far less grief and shed tears.  Seems like every week there is a post about clans getting excluded, alts taking ports or folks not understanding the clan lists.  

Do we really need port upgrades AND a seasoned woods system?  I'd say no.  The anxiety over losing ports and crafting hubs really shouldn't be such a monumental thing IMO.  Clans/Nations quit over it and other Nations are too afraid to attack those who could potentially take them away (aka Prussia).  Battles were much more simple when the ports were less strategic.   

• Like 5

22 minutes ago, Mouth of Sauron said:

It would appear that the Port Bonus/Clan Based system of upgrading ships is not a huge success.  Frankly I much prefered the system during the fine woods days where anything and anyone crafted in that port received the upgrades regardless  aka Strong Hull.  Far less grief and shed tears.  Seems like every week there is a post about clans getting excluded, alts taking ports or folks not understanding the clan lists.  

Do we really need port upgrades AND a seasoned woods system?  I'd say no.  The anxiety over losing ports and crafting hubs really shouldn't be such a monumental thing IMO.  Clans/Nations quit over it and other Nations are too afraid to attack those who could potentially take them away (aka Prussia).  Battles were much more simple when the ports were less strategic.   

totally agree, along with the port bonuses and seasoned woods brings the stats on the ships so far off the base stats that any ship can maximize the stats in several areas

We dropped sdc today. 

Not because of this thread cause I don't see breaking any game rule and don't think anything could be done about it by admins but my officers voted to drop it and say it's a dick move and not nice keeping brits as hostages :( damn I wish I would have evil bastards in the clan like havoc has :)

Edited by Captain Cid
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Liq said:

Can I cut here in? Sweden has how many crafting ports? So does other nations have atleast one. We let Poland out for this. So what's the motivation of rvr now? Exactly. Fun or atleast if I see the forum to cream salt into wounds of others.  This whole rvr is if you ask my about 2-5 leaders of different clans that get pissed off. And to punish the other side for there actions or shit talking they start capturing ports.   Soo actually if you remove the port bonuses would you still agree about we had less rvr? Would havoc stop doing rvr  just because there is no crafting port?. Also why going for more ports of your nation already has a port.  For me I guess the player and rvr number dropped due 2 things. First thing was the knowledge of an wipe. I personally also stopped playing due I don't want to regrind again and again (wasn't the first wipe at all) and the 2nd thing it was in summertime. Atleast as far as I know. 

As long clans and there leaders bashing against each other as long rvr will be a thing. 

But for a long time I must also agree that maybe there is some sort of gift system needed. I see in leader board all the time this word "round ended". But for what? Maybe devs tried to give some sort of gift for holding most ports but couldn't find the time to introduce it or not the right gift.   

Also on the other hand it would help if they introduce some sort of resources perks or books that are able to buy with victory marks.    If one of these two things would be introduced the motivation for rvr will be more effective. 

7 hours ago, Captain Cid said:

We dropped sdc today. 

Not because of this thread cause I don't see breaking any game rule and don't think anything could be done about it by admins but my officers voted to drop it and say it's a dick move and not nice keeping brits as hostages :( damn I wish I would have evil bastards in the clan like havoc has :)

Would be a shame if some random British "Der Phantom" gets a hostility mission for Sant Iago and let swedes actually do the hostility - then lock out all british clans from the port

right @shunt?

Edited by Liq
  • Like 2

Waiting for the first conspiracy theory claiming LAMA dropped the port so Prussians can get Trinidad and sale trou without fighting because Brits are busy doing hostility for Santiago de cuba so it's not controlled buy russian/Swedish ALTs :D

Edited by z4ys
  • Like 4

6 hours ago, z4ys said:

Waiting for the first conspiracy theory claiming LAMA dropped the port so Prussians can get Trinidad and sale trou without fighting because Brits are busy doing hostility for Santiago de cuba so it's not controlled buy russian/Swedish ALTs :D

this just in!

LAMA dropped port and sent an ultimatum stating they will be taking all the Les Cayes county!!!

On 24.2.2020 at 09:21, Smoothie said:

Ich denke, der größte Fehler in diesem Spiel war, als Entwickler den Leuten erlaubten (oder sogar zwangen), so viele Alt-Accounts zu haben / zu kaufen, wie sie wollen. Es wird also niemals ein Diplomatiesystem geben, das funktionieren kann. Dies ist eine Sackgasse ohne Ausfahrt.

I think this statement is only correct if you take the old "one men, one vote" system as a basis.

On 2/25/2020 at 8:07 AM, Liq said:

Would be a shame if some random British "Der Phantom" gets a hostility mission for Sant Iago and let swedes actually do the hostility - then lock out all british clans from the port

right @shunt?

I would have preferred... :)

2 hours ago, Earl of Grey said:

It was in your hands to accept a much better deal the day before prussians dropped SdC.

Before they lost Croata and Haulover, let alone Trux, aswell :)

Edited by Liq
  • Like 1