Game-Labs Forum

Alt clans keeping Major ports

29 minutes ago, Nixolai said:

The port bonuses makes crafting more centralized, in that way you dont have people crafting in random ports.

I actually like that the highest investment points for port bonuses, have been placed in historic harbours/capitals/important places.

The windboost thing just makes life easier for traders, and makes us aware of where the windboost are, so we dont afk sail for hours. 

I vote for the current system of points in ports, to stay as it is.   :)

But with wind boost a armored ship will be able to tag a fast build ship. Just from theory. If the big ship can now also make a good tag due he is faster  the use of building fast vessels is a bit well useless?. Well I know alot of areas people don't have a wjndboist option and there it works fine  but as an example. I had my fast Santa cecillia out. I was going along the US coast to look of I find pirates or us. And endymion chased me and all was fine m but a ratt and inger tagged me than. Why? Well because they camp the wind boost wait until an enemy arrives getting info and go for it. 

At one step I would say it was tactical good  on another step I think it's stupid. For what I have a fast ship?    

The story was like that. I was in battle angled my sails that I couldn't get chained. They chase me 1 hour in battle m the ratt and inger leave early. Endy keeped me tagged and let go. I was wondering what will happen. Out of the battle the two big ships had grabbed the wind boost and chased me again (until this point I didn't know where the wind boost was). So the game continues m another hour wastet in an battle that would never happen because my ship is faster. Than I get out an another tag. But this time the ratt was on the move towards me so I did know in what direction the wind boost might be. So another hour for nothing in a battle. This time when I get out the US chased "my" along the coast. But due i am invisible after a battle I could get to the wind boost and they finally gave up. 

Well tactically it wasn't bad played from tagging. But is this really the purpose? A fast build ships is build to be fast. So is a armored one slower but can handle shots. Not sure if the community mostly thinks the other way. For trading stuff this boosts might be good. But for the fighting aspect I don't understand why this boost is even a thing 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Nixolai said:

The port bonuses makes crafting more centralized, in that way you dont have people crafting in random ports.

I actually like that the highest investment points for port bonuses, have been placed in historic harbours/capitals/important places.

The windboost thing just makes life easier for traders, and makes us aware of where the windboost are, so we dont afk sail for hours. 

I vote for the current system of points in ports, to stay as it is.   :)

Btw. More centralied. You mean you can buy and sell stuff better at one point? Well than yes OK I agree that is not bad at all 

In my opinion port bonusses should be removed or all ports should be improvable to 55 points by investment. The current system only causes frustration and the majority to join the two-three zerg nations which is just boring and counterproductive.

Edited by Sir Loorkon
  • Like 8

Hmmm well there is no rule for it but what would happen if every nation would become one good clan?   Example. Havoc is dk. Purge and cabal Swedish. Bastd GB. Reds move to Spain. Nn move to French  Wtf stays in pirates  and snow stays in vp. Bf can stay in Russia . Krake stays in Prussia And monks is in us with npg.    As far as I can see there could be more rvr. Why? Well maybe the numbers are lower to do such operations   but there is also a high chance the enemy side can't even bring screeners. Alot of pb or rvr is not gonna happen due screening. Even I as Russian had alot of conversations that we break some operations down due we had no numbers for that pb or hostility mission. 

With my mind play here I would say every nation have experienced players that can train their nation, they also need to do such things to have maybe more numbers or higher winning chance. Also the fear of getting punished by twice the numbers than your nation has will be reduced. Multiflipping could still happen but not so hard as now.  I mean realistically  speaking. I am not sure if French or vp are in Nato due they want. It's more the fear of what will happen if they don't bend. If every nation has a strong clan etc this fear will be reduced.  The only thing that can and probably will happen are alliances. But for what? When all nations have atleast the same strength there isn't a big boy that gets the blame for all. So maybe all nations will be in war with all nations. 

Maybe this alt abbusings and bashing here will be reduced as well.  What are your opinions on that? 

Sorry for my bad English 

3 hours ago, rediii said:

LAMA is milking GB (taxes) and it seems like threatening them to remove them from friendslist, keeping GB hostage with it

We toom the port with us since there is no clan-nationchange mechanic etc. Keeping it real. Whats worse? :D

The people trading into are able to do so because LAMA was there to take the ports around it to make that possible. Tax is 10%, the ones getting really rich are the traders. Where those players there to build SDC or defend it or help take ports that allow rich trade in SDC? I don't think so. 

8 minutes ago, Staunberg🇩🇰 said:

Pretty sure most Danish clan would prefere SJ in hand of a Danish Havoc, and you milking the nation, then  have a crap crafting port.

We are hostage of Sweden anyway. So we can get the Lama deal with you? I promish Bocar will stop screen against Sweden.

Key is there is and has always been the possibility for DK to take San Juan. Whereas here GB can't do anything about it.

You still dont see the difference?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Liq said:

Key is there is and has always been the possibility for DK to take San Juan. Whereas here GB can't do anything about it.

You still dont see the difference?

Didn't GB do something about Truxillo? Ofc they forgot something important, but you get the difference right?

Here is a better idea.

Play the game .

Your constantly trying to find and suggest ways to further screw up the game to your advantage.

If you spent half the energy you use here trying to find ways to change the game to your advantage and used it to recruit and train more players and stop whining so much day after day  maybe more players would be open to joining you or at least helping you to succeed in this game.

Why should the Devs change the game just so you can succeed in the way you decided to play the game ? 

Dev's have stated they have stopped listening to the few that whine the most and have stopped implementing changes because of it and now look at the greater majority of player wishes that will benefit the game the most

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Never said:

The people trading into are able to do so because LAMA was there to take the ports around it to make that possible. Tax is 10%, the ones getting really rich are the traders. Where those players there to build SDC or defend it or help take ports that allow rich trade in SDC? I don't think so. 

you think that lama took those ports all by themselves and built all the defences and port bonus features alone ... GB as a nation took SDC there was more than just LAMA in that port battle ,,, other clans helped grinding hostility   GB Clans contributed  victory marks, doubloons and combat medals to LAMA to build the defenses and port bonuses ... then LAMA decide to go Prussian and hold us hostage  with the threat of dropping clans from friends list ...a lot of players have lvl 3 ship yards in SDC  and its not a simple  matter to go build another elsewhere ,,, the effort  and grinding to get CMs and doubloons to build up SDC and build a lvl 3 shipyard will drive players out of the game . if KRAKES actions force them to do it again elsewhere.... its one thing to lose a port to an enemy ..to be held hostage  by another nation is another ... Krake clan over the weekend demanded all the ports from la navasse  to Sale trou . the entire les cayes region . in exchange for SDC ... if  GB captians are still active in LAMA how do Krake have the ability to make this offer ????

@admin Krake are driving youur customers out of the game with their actions

Edited by shunt
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Shane_Martin said:

If it's LAMA that is playing in GB, why are they not in our session and why is it up to you to decide what to do with it?

And what players are currently in LAMA that we can speak to regarding the port?

your solution is to pay a clan from an other nation to capture the port and hand it over to any of your other prefered clans. (trustissues inc)

1 minute ago, erelkivtuadrater said:

your solution is to pay a clan from an other nation to capture the port and hand it over to any of your other prefered clans. (trustissues inc)

hey great idea .... if you inderstand the mechanics of the game try and work out how many ports we need to give up to another nation before they can attack .. SDC ,and then whats the guarantee they hand it over ?

27 minutes ago, shunt said:

you think that lama took those ports all by themselves and built all the defences and port bonus features alone ... GB as a nation took SDC there was more than just LAMA in that port battle ,,, other clans helped grinding hostility   GB Clans contributed  victory marks, doubloons and combat medals to LAMA to build the defenses and port bonuses ... then LAMA decide to go Prussian and hold us hostage  with the threat of dropping clans from friends list ...a lot of players have lvl 3 ship yards in SDC  and its not a simple  matter to go build another elsewhere ,,, the effort  and grinding to get CMs and doubloons to build up SDC and build a lvl 3 shipyard will drive players out of the game . if KRAKES actions force them to do it again elsewhere.... its one thing to lose a port to an enemy ..to be held hostage  by another nation is another ... Krake clan over the weekend demanded all the ports from la navasse  to Sale trou . the entire les cayes region . in exchange for SDC ... if  GB captians are still active in LAMA how do Krake have the ability to make this offer ????

@admin Krake are driving youur customers out of the game with their actions

You need rogues to deal with a rogue clan.

Let SdC get captured by some foreign clan of your choice. Then take it back. Choose your mercenaries wisely to not get screwed over. Requires some planning, some money and good diplomacy skills. 

5 minutes ago, van Veen said:

You need rogues to deal with a rogue clan.

Let SdC get captured by some foreign clan of your choice. Then take it back. Choose your mercenaries wisely to not get screwed over. Requires some planning, some money and good diplomacy skills. 

In other words

Buy yourself an alt to deal with alts capturing ports

good game

shortest route to sdc is through Baracoa i doubt WTF  will give that up to let  another nation attack SDC  .. ir we have to give up st nics another LAMA port  PE AND 2 OR 3 other ports ,, before sdc can be attacked

sweden could do it through GT but would still need to take 4-5 ports to reach SDC and they have enough of our ports as it is

Edited by shunt

4 minutes ago, Liq said:

In other words

Buy yourself an alt to deal with alts capturing ports

good game

Did I say alt? No. 

I have the impression you really want to misunderstand something here. Do your really want to discuss San Juan again

the best option would have to wait  until sdc was atatcked by npc raid then get another nation  to screen lama out so it went neutral ,,, unfortunatly too many  GB clans believed   CID giving his word that he would drop it  was enough ... now npc raid is gone ,, cid goes back on his word

Edited by shunt
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, van Veen said:

Did I say alt? No. 

I have the impression you really want to misunderstand something here. Do your really want to discuss San Juan again

:) This is not about SJ. Truxillo however, if it went through and that Saltpetre guy wasn't as incompetent, would have remained tied to CRC, confirmed alt clan, without us being able to do anything about it - except getting a bunch of british alts and having an Alt Warfare

Maybe it is indeed time to add Clan-Wars. Together with fixed hostility missions (Other nations cant grind the hostility anymore for a different nation), an 1 man alt clan should have a hard time flipping a port himself.

4 minutes ago, Liq said:

:) This is not about SJ. Truxillo however, if it went through and that Saltpetre guy wasn't as incompetent, would have remained tied to CRC, confirmed alt clan, without us being able to do anything about it - except getting a bunch of british alts and having an Alt Warfare

Maybe it is indeed time to add Clan-Wars. Together with fixed hostility missions (Other nations cant grind the hostility anymore for a different nation), an 1 man alt clan should have a hard time flipping a port himself.

we cant even attack sdc with alts ... trux you could have ,, sj i was open to attack

4 minutes ago, Liq said:

I can't believe you keep going, man. I said nothing about alts. But you keep bringing it up and then complain that it's a bad idea. No idea what is driving you. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Liq said:

Would be interesting to see what the communitys opinion is on removing port bonusses :)  I would vote for it. Problem then of course is what to do with the current existing ships?

100% would vote to kill port bonuses.

just keep investments purely econ based, resources, rare trade goods.

it would have been 100% better if "port bonuses" meant unlocking Refits that we can't normally craft (like Boston Harbor Refit or Redoutable Refit) or making sure you can CHOOSE your refit type.

• Like 7