Game-Labs Forum

NA improvement suggestions

erelkivtuadrater

10 minutes ago, Liq said:

I'm confused

Isn't it obvious?

Among a bunch of info about a new game; When erel and Never compares it to NA they find one or more things to be funny... Probably with regard to NA. Or not. Crystal clear, really.

32 minutes ago, Earl of Grey said:

No its NA Legends 2

Actually they are starting with single player so maybe NA PVE 2

The game will start with the single player experience built around low risk smuggling, hauling and privateering in the North Sea and Mediterranean. Then we will add social common areas like taverns with historical games, drinking, singing and chatting with other Captains. After this is done Naval careers and Pirate life will be implemented. These careers will have integrated multiplayer components.

Lots of features I have been asking for in NA for 5 years lol. I am signed up... 👍

Seamanship

Realistic 18th Century Sailing (even eddy making)

Individual sail control

Ballast and cargo placement

Closing gunports in rough weather

Proper roll, pitch and yaw

Wind shadows and leeway

Anchors

Water and Wind

Variable wind

Variable wave length

Wind gusts and gales

Realistic variable weather

Currents and tides

Trade winds

Proper storms

•  

Edited by DeRuyter
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, jodgi said:

Ok... and...?

I didnt know if you knew, but its the new game in plans for Game Labs with literally 90% of the suggestion of the player base for naval action which they havent implemented in Naval Action.

Read the section about nationalities and basically most of the ideas they have there and read through the suggestion thread in the naval action forum 😛

1 minute ago, erelkivtuadrater said:

I didnt know if you knew, but its the new game in plans for Game Labs with literally 90% of the suggestion of the player base for naval action which they havent implemented in Naval Action.

Read the section about nationalities and basically most of the ideas they have there and read through the suggestion thread in the naval action forum 😛

Ah, ok.

My only wish of any consequence is also included. That is, there is the possibility for symmetrical pvp and duels. Everything fades or gets annoying, but non-silly pvp provides endless enjoyment.

And I was thinking that soon I might transition from Naval Action to Star Citizen.   Star Citizen allows for 1st person view while controlling the ship.  Perhaps I'll soon transition from NA to Sea Legends.

Glad to see that there may be some possibility of damage from weather and rocky shores.  I'll keep my fingers crossed.  

I'm holding my breath that this game will include some navigation and desperately hoping that there will be an option to turn off the text on the screen.  NA came close to removing text, but still allows it for Ports, Event Messages, Aim Bars, and provided only HUD/Text access to the;  time, national identification,  and compass, in OW. 

Edited by Macjimm

3 hours ago, Earl of Grey said:

Im very very curious if the multiplayer system will work ... with "100% elemination of ganking" im Out, because i love the freedom (of ganking) 😆

I would prefer if ganking was permitted.   There are way too many combat rules and complex restrictions in NA: was hoping that NA2 would relax these and allow more freedom.  Without ganking the game may be too constained and 'gamey', but we have to try it out to know for sure.  

• Like 1

It looks like in sea legends we will play in single player instances, but some conditions will make it possible for two players to confront like when choosing to take part of an event (maybe even clan events ).

And risk / karma looking like carrer conditions allowing for overlaping sessions to be temporarly merged into a single one for pvp encounters.

Nemesis could very well work ala Loki rune too ^^

19 hours ago, Earl of Grey said:

You will all come back...

Oh, I don't doubt that.

7d7b78a408281523344a717dcb660550.png

The guys in the green zone who already have demonstrated a resilience towards ganking and eco grinds will come back because the new game won't be persistent mmo OW.

My focus is on the guys outside the happy ganker club.

• Like 2

On 1/21/2020 at 12:01 PM, Audacious said:

no avatars.

Actually. You will be walking on deck. Going into hold. And could even sleep in your captain cabin or the lieutenant cabin to pass time (after you charted the course of course)
So - Avatars = yes.

• Like 1