Game-Labs Forum

Cumulative hotfixes for Seasonal Update: Treacherous waters

admin

2 minutes ago, JG14_Cuzn said:

Nothing wrong with that.  Just smart gameplay in their part. 

It is definitely smart, but it is still a huge advantage for the revenge fleet.  My entire time on this forum, I have read about revenge fleets and how they have all the advantages and how they are able to keep you in battle indefinitely.  Now, they have an unbeatable advantage because when you come out of battle, you are completely vulnerable.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Angus MacDuff said:

The US developed a new tactic for their revenge fleets and it worked pretty good against me the other night.  They leave some ships near the battle still, but they also place some ships at a wind boost and wait for your battle to end.  If I don't come out of the battle with a boost in sight, they are guaranteed to catch me.  I don't mind a revenge gank in general, because I sail a fast ship when I go into harm's way, but in cases like this, the wind boosts supply a very unfair advantage.  It removes any skill from the equation when you can drop 6 (larger) ships with a wind boost onto one player who has no chance of one. 

i think the fact that so many players would go there to sink one player in a small ship is the bigger issue in this equation. I understand ganking when a group goes out together to PZ or just hunting in a given area. But never understood why multiple sit around outside a battle for 30 minutes or up to 90 minutes in some cases just to sink one guy. Seems like they need more things to do. 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

You can always count on proper patch notes!

Today we introduced:

- Timers for neutral ports
- Regional ports with 20.000 BR tied directly to the upgrade points.
- A new building to regrind everything again! You can make now better wood from a new building! - f.e. seasoned T/WO woods will give You almost 10% more HP than regular T/WO without new building.

unknown.png

Edited by OjK
  • Like 2

Ok, You know how I said one of the major issues I had with this game was the devs threw in random game changing stuff without warning like it was an afterthought.....this, this just made my point. I mean this is all well and good but what is the point of a roadmap if you're not going to implement half the things on it and instead just add in random stuff like this on a whim.

42 minutes ago, OjK said:

Regional ports with 20.000 BR tied directly to the upgrade points.

@OjK @admin ???

-> Could you explain this a bit please?

42 minutes ago, OjK said:

- A new building to regrind everything again! You can make now better wood from a new building! - f.e. seasoned T/WO woods will give You almost 10% more HP than regular T/WO without new building.

@admin Seriously???

Why the heck should we need this?

When i read posts of admin i recognize reoccuring answers to suggestions of the community like „We won‘t do that, because we have more pressing issues to tackle. We will focus on changes that improve the game by a large margin.“

How on earth does the introduction of this new building and seasoned woods contribute to make the game significantly better???

Imo it‘s quite the contrary: The seasoned woods plus the new building forces just another grind on the players which want to have the best ships.

Edited by Navalus Magnus
  • Like 6

4 minutes ago, Conte D. Catellani said:

Work for all the woods or just for some? 

All of them. There is a seasoned version of every single wood.

11 minutes ago, Navalus Magnus said:

> Could you explain this a bit please?

Depending on the point upgrade pool.
If port has 50 or 55 development points available it's 20k BR  - no matter capital or not.

30 point ports are 10k.

If it has even less, it can have even as little as 5k BR

11 minutes ago, Navalus Magnus said:

Why the heck should we need this?

We don't.

But didn't we learn already, that they don't do what we are asking, and then implement some new ridicoulous ideas, for absolutely no reason, and without asking?

Edited by OjK
  • Like 6

49 minutes ago, OjK said:

You can always count on proper patch notes!

Today we introduced:

So much for the Leopard DLC coming in November, unless they plan to introduce it tomorrow (Saturday).

a small story from the PVE server:

A clan chooses a port, although unfavorably located, but this may can be defended due to a BR of 10k. And invest in these, with a huge effort for a small clan. Since today has this port 20k BR, same like the biggest ports with 55 points here. So changed from defense possible to defense useless.

... thanks for that .... :(

Edited by Holm Hansen
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Seasoning Shed.....Separating further the haves from the have-nots

Exactly what i thought reading this, wasn't retaining new players the official objective at short term ?

Instead of giving new shinny toys for the top clans to stomp anything else..

+What about DLC ships ? Do they have access to seasonned woods ?

• Like 5

@admin 

Taking account the complete capriciousness of parts of the recent patch i‘d like to have a replacement for my teak/ wo Victory (very sturdy) with two admiralty thickness upgrades, and two other master / elite upgrades, because it sucks to have the quality of the result of a considerable grind diminished significantly in the blink of an eye - even without a warning!

A suitable replacement would be the same ship with the same upgrades but seasoned woods i guess!

Edit: Oh and don’t forget to include the same port bonusses as well please!

Edited by Navalus Magnus

2 hours ago, OjK said:

Today we introduced:

Also it seems you can build much more things with your workshop  - some additional modules and Tools. But Tools Blueprint and Seasoned Shed permit are looted only from Privateer chest, that can be captured only once a week and there are only 25 of them...
Beautiful bottleneck!

7003fb1bfa5da36efaa0bcfc603c7c72.png

https://gyazo.com/7003fb1bfa5da36efaa0bcfc603c7c72

434acaf719a8fbae7df32135957362a8.png
https://gyazo.com/434acaf719a8fbae7df32135957362a8

f77cad2cfb0ab02c740bb03e47529d7a.png
https://gyazo.com/f77cad2cfb0ab02c740bb03e47529d7a

572e7858a112e0c3359cebe60e0832ac.png
https://gyazo.com/572e7858a112e0c3359cebe60e0832ac

Yeah! Better woods for the privileged ones! Great idea! 

Who complained that ship bonuses port upgrades, mods, skillbooks, perks, woods, trims were not enough yet? 

But how do you get your hands on this privateer chest? Is this a new mission reward?

• Like 3

to convert ONE teak log to a seasoned teak log requires:

1 Tool
3 Doubloons

to STAY competitive and WIN the perception is now AGAIN, that you need the best of the best.

when the best of the best becomes so hard to obtain, we are left with the atrocious fine woods patch.

that's it guys, I'm out :(

• Like 6