Game-Labs Forum

Seasonal Update: Treacherous Waters - Preliminary information

admin

4 minutes ago, der Wallone said:

Overloading is not allowed in battle instances

Without the ability to split the loot of a sunken trader, it is impossible to carry away a part of the cargo. Please allow splitting cargo on sunken ships.

I split cargo all the time.  Bring it onto your own ship and split it.  Put back what you cant use

It would be a nice feature, if the maximum possible amount of the selected cargo would be transferred and the rest remains in the hold of the sunken ship. The same would be nice for transferring cargo from warehouse to the ship, so manually splitting up before transferring would no longer be necessary.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Earl of Grey said:

THIS i Always say to my family, aahhh to my crew i mean, when i whip them meanwhile they are scrubbing the living room, errr the deck ... 😁

Edit:

Btw. Sailing from La Mona to Aves in 25 min was feeling like sailing on an old sailingship, but doing it in 15 minutes destroy the Immersion completely??? 😂🤣😅

The game advertised with a huge map "you cannot see the other shore of lake maracaibo".

Well, compared to 2016 the map is already smaller, since too many players were unhappy about sailing some distance. Even the speed of the ships was increased. Now we increase speed to ridiculous levels? 

This game was in many aspects better in 2016. The bigger map is one of those. The generell question is: what kind of naval game shall this one be?

Back in 2016 I had the impression that it was intended to be as close to history as possible, now I have the feeling that it turns in a kind of fun-game like Pirates!

It is now just about doing everything fast and even faster. But that is not what we have OW for. You will progess, but slow, in sailing distances and gaining XP.

It is disappointing that the devs left their original path and change this game in a kind of arena game with a bit of OW.

• Like 1

For tastes the colors but.... If this is the way I want dragons, the kraken (and I am not talking here about any clan mate's wife 😂 ) and the Dave Jones phantom fleet... f**ck the game to the end, don't let the work half done

24 minutes ago, Sea Archer said:

Well, compared to 2016 the map is already smaller, since too many players were unhappy about sailing some distance. Even the speed of the ships was increased. Now we increase speed to ridiculous levels? 

Aww, are your AFK sailing hours watching Netflix or cruising Reddit going to be threatened? That’s a crying shame. 🙄

4 minutes ago, Capitalism said:

Aww, are your AFK sailing hours watching Netflix or cruising Reddit going to be threatened? That’s a crying shame. 🙄

Well, sometimes I can watch for hours my ship going up and down the waves, no need for netflix. That is what I am doing on a real sailing yacht, too. Maybe I am a bit crazy.

33 minutes ago, Sea Archer said:

Have you used it yet?  It's a great QOL improvement for OW travel.  As I said earlier, my negative feedback is the PVP impact that it has.  The boost should disappear when an enemy player is in sight.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Sea Archer said:

Well, sometimes I can watch for hours my ship going up and down the waves, no need for netflix. That is what I am doing on a real sailing yacht, too. Maybe I am a bit crazy.

One wonders, then, why you’d be upset by having something to do while you sail, namely keeping an eye out for strong winds on the map?

For me, it’s in the name:

Naval Action != Naval Screen Saver

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Have you used it yet?  It's a great QOL improvement for OW travel.  As I said earlier, my negative feedback is the PVP impact that it has.  The boost should disappear when an enemy player is in sight.

I fear this a little too, but after tagging two Trader Lynx in my boosted 50knts USS i think maybe taking the prepared-perk from the game is the solution... If you have at least 30-40 seconds to react in the good Tag, you have a good Chance to escape. If enemy is close Side to Side and prepared with loaded chains you are dead ... 

3 minutes ago, Earl of Grey said:

I fear this a little too, but after tagging two Trader Lynx in my boosted 50knts USS i think maybe taking the prepared-perk from the game is the solution... If you have at least 30-40 seconds to react in the good Tag, you have a good Chance to escape. If enemy is close Side to Side and prepared with loaded chains you are dead ... 

It's not just the ease of tagging some poor helpless slowpoke.  A defenceless trader with the speed boost can blow right past you if you don't happen to have it.  That's just wrong....

1 minute ago, Angus MacDuff said:

It's not just the ease of tagging some poor helpless slowpoke.  A defenceless trader with the speed boost can blow right past you if you don't happen to have it.  That's just wrong....

A gust of wind could be pushing s ship not far from you and you would not necessarily get that gust as well. Its just very fickle wind. 

3 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

But it works both ways. And it greatly rewards players that are not AFK or multi boxing to the extent that they miss getting the speed boosts. That’s something we should encourage.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Destraex said:

A gust of wind could be pushing s ship not far from you and you would not necessarily get that gust as well. Its just very fickle wind. 

True, but this speed boost is beyond that.  A Tbrig that has 60knots available for 12 minutes is not getting a slight edge from a gust of wind.  It really has to lose it's effect in sight of enemies.

1 minute ago, Capitalism said:

But it works both ways. And it greatly rewards players that are not AFK or multi boxing to the extent that they miss getting the speed boosts. That’s something we should encourage.

Absolutely.  I very much enjoyed picking up the boosts on my way around the map.  You can see a history of the ones you've had and pretty accurately predict where the next one will be. 

• Like 1

@admin. Sorry to disturb but I need some clarification before trying again this evening (to be honest, in spite of my total disappointment from this patch).

Yesterday evening, like almost everyone, I tried the wind boosts. I noticed that boost characteristics were changing from use to use: less boost percentage and longer time. So, I have two questions:

- Is this boots evolution from use to use a coded game feature or is this just something that occurred to me yesterday at random? 

- Does this evolution of boost characteristics occur only on use the boost, or is this only linked to the number of boosts which are simply generated by movements in the Open World? 

Nota: I just want to clarify the reasons of my disappointment.

1- I don't like PVE. What is proposed now is PVE based (repetitive and soon boring). I did not complete any PVE mission or group mission in 2018 and 2019. I prefer leaving the game and losing investment of 6 accounts and so many DLC's than making a single PVE mission. The only one kill mission I launched two weeks ago: I launched it because someone told me that this is the only easy way to have gold chests, I did not finished it (bored in 2 minutes) knowing that I will never open a gold chest  (and so, never get the "big" books). That's life isn't it? 

2- I like strategy, preparation,  cold blood analysis. I spent time to prepare a raid in enemy water, chose the ship (not the Trinc or Pirate Frig that everyone uses for that, but something more unexpected), craft and craft again until I got the RNG I needed (very fast). And I can see now that this preparation is destroyed by lottery wind boosts...

3- I rely on my clan mates for defending against PVE PB's. I don't like to leave the dirty job to others without making my part of the job. I can't make my part of the job because I am not retired. In a few weeks, I'll have to choose between making PVE or not playing for clan needs. Both choices are bad choices for me, I'll have to choose between plague and cholera. 

5 minutes ago, Aquillas said:

Is this boots evolution from use to use a coded game feature or is this just something that occurred to me yesterday at random?

I found that they were all different.  Once I got 70% for 6 mins.  Next was 48% for 14 mins.  I will have to start mapping them to see if a particular wind boost is in the same place every day at the same value.

15 minutes ago, Aquillas said:

@admin- I like strategy, preparation,  cold blood analysis. I spent time to prepare a raid in enemy water, chose the ship (not the Trinc or Pirate Frig that everyone uses for that, but something more unexpected), craft and craft again until I got the RNG I needed (very fast). And I can see now that this preparation is destroyed by lottery wind boosts...

Sry mate, but you made my day. I imagined a Guy who was Planing, crafting, preparing his "raid in enemy waters" for weeks, then, on the big day, leaving the port in his super fast ship with shiny upgrades ... and 4 minutes later tagged and chained by a fast Prince, boarded by an oak/oak Aga ... and the preparation phase starts again 😂😅🤣

Seriously, If you dont like unexpected things happen to you, you can only stay in Harbour, surely dont sail the sea with a boat.

PS:

Sorry cant delete this @Admin thingy

Edited by Earl of Grey

7 minutes ago, Angus MacDuff said:

I found that they were all different.  Once I got 70% for 6 mins.  Next was 48% for 14 mins.  I will have to start mapping them to see if a particular wind boost is in the same place every day at the same value.

My 1st one was 85% for 7 mins, then I got less and less % (down to 45%) for more and more time (up to 14 mins)