Game-Labs Forum

'Ingermanland' Russian 3-Rate 1715 (With Plans)

Persion

Yeah, I've had enough Russian for a while, too. Don't get me wrong, St. Paul, Cherubim (Frigate), and Mercury are fine-looking ships, and I'm sure Ingermanland will be a decent ship as well (through she might not be my thing), but that's plenty of ships for any nation to get within a relatively short amount of time. If you ask me, it's time for some diversity again. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
Недавно у меня появился Ингерманланд. Корабль 4-го ранга. Корабль из лайв дуба, с золотым планкингом, 8925 хп. Фиолетовые мачты -10082 ХП парусов. Скорость 11,01. Пушки 2, 4 и 8-го класса. Большой плюс - спереди 4 орудия.
Поиграл  в этом тяжелом апгрейде и могу сказать следующее. Для портовой битвы с золотым планкингом выполняет функцию корабля поддержки. Залп Виктории с близкого расстояния снял два деления из ХП. Хорошо держит залп. 
Это хороший убийца фрегатов и маленьких кораблей, но для такой функции у моего корабля мало скорости. Надо снимать броню и делать его из дуба или тика, но тогда не подставляться под залпы тяжелых кораблей. Думаю тогда это будет очень хороший ПВП корабль. Господа разработчики, спасибо за корабль.
Минус. Всего 470 человек команды. Этого явно мало. Думаю, что 540-560 человек это более правильное количество. 
English translation
Recently, I had Ingermanland. Ship 4th grade. The ship of the live oak with golden planking, 8925 HP. Purple mast-10082 HP sails. Speed 11.01. Guns 2, 4 and 8 class. A big plus - 4 front cannon.
I played on this upgrading heavy and I can say the following. For port battle with golden planking serves as a support ship. Victoria volley from close range shot two divisions of HP. Good holds volley.

This is a good killer of frigates and smaller ships, but for such a function in my ship a little speed. It is necessary to remove the armor and make it from oak or teak, but then do not be substituted under volleys of heavy vehicles. I think then it will be very good PVP ship. Lord developers, thanks for the ship.

Minus. Total 470-person team. This is clearly not enough. I think 540-560 people is more than the right amount.

uoxL4MEtZWY.jpg

• Like 1

Минус. Всего 470 человек команды. Этого явно мало. Думаю, что 540-560 человек это более правильное количество. 
Если игрок выбирает между старым Ингерманландом и более современной линейкой, никто не выберет Ингерманланд. 

Количество матросов должно быть преимуществом, которое делает корабль более доступен для капитанов низкого уровня.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

if i look at the ship... it looks like dutch origins to me :)

but i can be wrong

Tsar Peter the Great actually spent time in the Netherlands posing as a shipwright's apprentice. So, it is only natural that Russian ship designs during his reign would be heavily influenced by Dutch naval tradition. I do not know the specific history of the Ingermanland herself, just wanted to provide that extra bit of information.

I am cursious since she had 32|18|6pd which is highly overloaded.

About speed.. dont be too excited. She was a rather slow but sturdy ship pre-release. But she might be exellent at 180? who knows?

I am cursious about guns at first :P

Ill be sailing one of her class soon

I'm curious about her speed and arcs. Armament isn't playmaker here. If she is faster than Constitution, then I'l use it. If slower - no use.

That is the problem the developers created by incorporating the late (1800+)  superfrigates (constitution and trincomalee)  into the game, as they make many of the earlier 4th (50 to 64 guns) and 3th rates obsolete ,wich is a great pity IMHO!!.

those black ships with the white gunport strakes look depressingly boring if i may say so.................

• Like 4

Is there a reason she's listed as a third rate?  Or are the Constitution, the Indefatigable, and any future heavy frigates or razees going to exclusively own the role of "fourth rate" vessels?  A little disappointed with the rating system here.

Is there a reason she's listed as a third rate?  Or are the Constitution, the Indefatigable, and any future heavy frigates or razees going to exclusively own the role of "fourth rate" vessels?  A little disappointed with the rating system here.

Well, 64-gun ship is a third rate (according to the british rating at least, 64-80 guns). But being on the lower edge of this class is a large disadvantage for these ships. (only 3 duras). They will be severely underused, i'm afraid.