Game-Labs Forum

'Ingermanland' Russian 3-Rate 1715 (With Plans)

Persion

Exac

Well, 64-gun ship is a third rate (according to the british rating at least, 64-80 guns). But being on the lower edge of this class is a large disadvantage for these ships. (only 3 duras). They will be severely underused, i'm afraid.

Alright, I see your point.  But then again, I've always considered a 64 to be a fourth rate when compared to the larger 74s and 80s.  They just don't stack up all that well.

the diffrence between an 64gun 4th rate and 3rd rate acording to the british is the crew number

According to the patch she is now officially a 4th rate.  Seems that all the future 64s will be 4ths now with that declaration.

I'm content.

Edited by Hairy Fishnuts

According to the patch she is now officially a 4th rate.  Seems that all the future 64s will be 4ths now with that declaration.

Really? My guess was that she's a 4th rate because she's an older design, while a Napoleonic-era 64 like the Agamemnon will still be a 3rd rate. 

• 2 weeks later...

I have been sailing an Ingermanland for a few missions and let say even without a full crew and no copper plate upgrade in live oak. She sails faster than a Bellona or a 3rd, turn rate seems good for a 4th rate, it can stand in line of battle and looks fantastic in a 17th century way, At present they are very hard to get and relatively expensive, the lack of a BP drop from building the Ingermanland, makers her a dead end for crafters, But I bet every gold one will be sold for a premium.  I am very happy with this ship

I have been sailing an Ingermanland for a few missions and let say even without a full crew and no copper plate upgrade in live oak. She sails faster than a Bellona or a 3rd, turn rate seems good for a 4th rate, it can stand in line of battle and looks fantastic in a 17th century way, At present they are very hard to get and relatively expensive, the lack of a BP drop from building the Ingermanland, makers her a dead end for crafters, But I bet every gold one will be sold for a premium.  I am very happy with this ship

the Ingermanland should lead to the pavel if im not wrong, i got a pavel blue print at least from building the inger

• 1 year later...