Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum

Recommended Posts

We have great battles, we have great small battles, but we don't have great ganks. Until now.

Submit your silliest and most unnecessary ganks!

Edited by Gregory Rainsborough
  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

throwback time

8A86732D598153A8AB334B8AAC0DCEA3DF9DC19E

84C46F80686E51BBF6CBF9510FB01A9EB4F85016

E26271FB42B4E612F1C8F1912B0220C577626A86

 

 

Edited by Liq
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know I know....I call people shit for ganking but we all have done it. I don't even feel bad he had no cannons

tql6sbM.png

Edited by HachiRoku
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got a few:

This one was on the old PvP2/Global server. I was escorting one of our first rates from La Mona to Aves to position for a PB. An Endy kept shadowing us, but he didn't see our first rate (he was too scared to approach the scary pirate Endy [me]). I took advantage of this and slowly changed course over the next few minutes so that I was going further south. Eventually I dropped sails in the hopes he'd fight me, only to discover he had friends just behind him. I ended up leading them on a chase all the way to Coquibacoa. I escaped from battle at least 3 times. Eventually they figured out how to setup a net and got me. RIP Endymion. 

6CC1907D0A1AA6F57DD47067FD7775BB3555D762

 

I replaced that Endymion with this one, which served me faithfully from June 2017 until the server merge to PvP Caribbean: (shoutout to Aster who was the only US skipper I ever feared could catch me):

DD56A1C4D83B406E725033E0C4C0F5DEF8F3E853

Ganking is the name of the game, and I've found myself on both sides of it more times than I can remember. These just stood out to me as some of the most memorable.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Carlos_Condell said:

This count as a countergank, they atacked Greg, i jump in to try to save him i fail in that mission but i had my revenge after all... 

1.png

That's a failed gank, off topic! Proper ganks only!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

bf trying to steal koto's fine rum trader
Rum_Run.jpg

lol that brings back memories:
20180204220643_1.jpg?width=1214&height=6

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

 

Almost as bad as Carlos. These are humblebrags not ganks.

we are so good we gank in port battles. 

75FAE405D5D4F94E23BC97420B11FDCA8AE95F72

Edited by King of Crowns

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ending the ganking is easy. Gentlemen DEVS. do not allow anyone to profit and enter a single-player combat against AI. That they wait for him outside the combat at the end of it. Most ganking occurs in this way. In the first minutes of a PVP fight, which can only enter the BR similar to that of the player attacked, nothing to enter the whole world in the first 2 minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Sento de Benimaclet said:

Ending the ganking is easy. Gentlemen DEVS. do not allow anyone to profit and enter a single-player combat against AI. That they wait for him outside the combat at the end of it. Most ganking occurs in this way. In the first minutes of a PVP fight, which can only enter the BR similar to that of the player attacked, nothing to enter the whole world in the first 2 minutes.

I MEAN... we just tag with a light ship. hold in battle until 20 heavys and 5 lights are surrounding the battle then have the light ship cut the tagged ship loose and then BOOM. 25V1. we win. every time. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Sento de Benimaclet said:

Ending the ganking is easy. Gentlemen DEVS. do not allow anyone to profit and enter a single-player combat against AI. That they wait for him outside the combat at the end of it. Most ganking occurs in this way. In the first minutes of a PVP fight, which can only enter the BR similar to that of the player attacked, nothing to enter the whole world in the first 2 minutes.

ROE is pretty forgiving now for getting ganked. I'm a big fan of the changes to ROE.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, King of Crowns said:

I MEAN... we just tag with a light ship. hold in battle until 20 heavys and 5 lights are surrounding the battle then have the light ship cut the tagged ship loose and then BOOM. 25V1. we win. every time. 

 

3 hours ago, RedNeckMilkMan said:

ROE is pretty forgiving now for getting ganked. I'm a big fan of the changes to ROE

I simply provide a solution if you want to end the ganking. But it does not mean that it is against. I have done ganking and they have done me ganking. I dont complain. Occupational hazards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sento de Benimaclet said:

 

I simply provide a solution if you want to end the ganking. But it does not mean that it is against. I have done ganking and they have done me ganking. I dont complain. Occupational hazards.

that is not the place to discuss. Now provide pictures or go home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...