Game-Labs Forum

Patch 30: General feedback

3 hours ago, Neads O'Tune said:

Sorry if i missed, but where is this info? in the map screen?

When you are in port, watching your beautifuls ship peacefully moored alongside the jetty, just move your eyes to the top left corner of the screen.

You will find the name of the port you're in. Click it. A box will drop down, showing depth, region, county, Port battle BR-limit, capturer, taxes, PB window and below all that:

Produces (Coal for example) and Clan ressources (Teak for example)

Hope that helps. :)

• Like 1

9 hours ago, El Patron said:

https://gyazo.com/7873327e523c2a024f80e0ef90ce6908

we have to kill a 1st rate in a 5th rate mission! is that a joke? after the new damage model is that not possible

Requires skill (i am newbie - 300ph), but to perform this task is real. Drowned Santi, while I was thrown out of the game after my final volley - disconnect, and the sinking Santi captured my frigate with 42 carronades. Almost intact, since I did not take on the main volleys of the battleship (She make only two main volleys), my friends could not only finish the battle against my frigate, but also took him to the boarding and returned it to me after the battle. This is the only task for the 5th rank that requires a team of 3 players.

Edited by Karl_de_Cori

i cant equip my 3rd unlocked shipknowledge slot on my christian, havent found the problems with other ships yet, i select the knowledge i want to use(its not used before on other slots) it blinks and it goes away

Edited by Guest

@admin you should reduce the amount of reps round for each type. maybe going back to the old ''3 repair patch'' due to limited amount of chains or double or others limited ammo. limited ammo - limited repair, or limited ammo will become useless if unlimited repair.

more important: reduce speed cap for 1st 2nd 3rd rates...no more 1st rate going above 10kn whatever speed mod they use...it's akward! :D 

the new damage model is close to perfection just a litte tuning on carro above 100/120 mt penetration and precision and a minimal buff ti 1-2-3 thickness (1-2 points)

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, huliotkd said:

the new damage model is close to perfection just a litte tuning on carro above 100/120 mt penetration and precision and a minimal buff ti 1-2-3 thickness (1-2 points)

think the problem is the pen and damage, it was used mostly to wipe out crew so i think it would be normal to decrease the penetration over distance, aswell as reducing the damage and increasing the splinter damage on the ship

@admin could you give me a reason why anyone should pick an Agamemnon over Constitution in a PB? Feel the other 4th rates and wasa should be around 12-14k hp and the USS frigates should be around 10-11k hp

unknown.png

1 hour ago, Wyy said:

think the problem is the pen and damage, it was used mostly to wipe out crew so i think it would be normal to decrease the penetration over distance, aswell as reducing the damage and increasing the splinter damage on the ship

but it's correct! splinters kill crew and real figth were based on crew damage. usually the battle ended in 2 or 3 broadsides or 1 stern rake...half crew wounded or killed...surrend

I liked share mission idea,

How about share a mission/position on map. Share with group and share with clan. So we are captains, we tell our friends the position and they will be able mark it on their map.

On map screen shared missions can be seen, a different colour code may be. And there comes the idea of sharing notes on the map for group and clan :) , option to turn notes on or off.

9 minutes ago, huliotkd said:

but it's correct! splinters kill crew and real figth were based on crew damage. usually the battle ended in 2 or 3 broadsides or 1 stern rake...half crew wounded or killed...surrend

i took down the main mast on a wo|wo heavy rattle snake with 2x 32pd carro balls on 250 m range

15 minutes ago, Wyy said:

i took down the main mast on a wo|wo heavy rattle snake with 2x 32pd carro balls on 250 m range

it probably was already damaged cause your example is mathematically impossible

32carro deal 152hp damage and pen 87 at 250mt - heavyrattle mast has 85 thickness and 396hp so 2 shots of 32 carro are 304hp and you need 92hp damage more to demast the ship.

so your example is impossible.

the real problem isn't the damage of the guns but the laser-accuracy that let you hit a mast with a 32pdr carro at 250mt away...damage patch is correct both for penetration and damage

59 minutes ago, Borch said:

You going to have a lot of problems with that. People are going to be complaining about cheating. You cant always pick only players you trust to play. How about a share button?

Missions.png.bddf28520c02fe5df79fd4e5c22

I do like that idea because there are times when I am out with the clan just doing some grinds that it would be nice to have us go after the same goals. Nice suggestion!

1 hour ago, huliotkd said:

it probably was already damaged cause your example is mathematically impossible

32carro deal 152hp damage and pen 87 at 250mt - heavyrattle mast has 85 thickness and 396hp so 2 shots of 32 carro are 304hp and you need 92hp damage more to demast the ship.

so your example is impossible.

the real problem isn't the damage of the guns but the laser-accuracy that let you hit a mast with a 32pdr carro at 250mt away...damage patch is correct both for penetration and damage

it was undamaged, but it might be combined with the rest of the broadside, because in the same broadside it went from 100% to 20% armour and structure, 24pd longs and 32pd carronades

I don't know if this thread is the right place for it. But is it not possible to have AI npc fleets similar in composition to group mission AI fleets? It would make PvE a lot more fun if the fleet compositions included different rated ships. Can't we have NPC fleets composed of different rates of ships that can spawn in a given area? 
If an area can spawn 1st, 3rd and 5th rates. It would be cool if NPC fleets could randomly be composed of all those 3 different rates, in varying numbers. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Wyy said:

i cant equip my 3rd unlocked shipknowledge slot on my christian, havent found the problems with other ships yet, i select the knowledge i want to use(its not used before on other slots) it blinks and it goes away

I've had this happen to me when I didn't have any ship set as main. 

4 hours ago, Draymoor said:

I don't know if this thread is the right place for it. But is it not possible to have AI npc fleets similar in composition to group mission AI fleets? It would make PvE a lot more fun if the fleet compositions included different rated ships. Can't we have NPC fleets composed of different rates of ships that can spawn in a given area? 
If an area can spawn 1st, 3rd and 5th rates. It would be cool if NPC fleets could randomly be composed of all those 3 different rates, in varying numbers. 

Used to be like that, I have no idea why they changed into the new stupid composition of fleets, fleets being only same class ships! 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, AeRoTR said:

Used to be like that, I have no idea why they changed into the new stupid composition of fleets, fleets being only same class ships! 

In Danish waters most ship are single ships, and we rearly see anything above a 5 rate, most is 6-7 rate. A single Aga from time to time.

2 hours ago, staun said:

In Danish waters most ship are single ships, and we rearly see anything above a 5 rate, most is 6-7 rate. A single Aga from time to time.

sometimes trees on ships need to grow.

they all start as single trees but a century later you will have a forest.

it just takes time.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Thonys said:

sometimes trees on ships need to grow.

they all start as single trees but a century later you will have a forest.

it just takes time.

A centry I don't need trees. I then need Iron.

• Like 1