Game-Labs Forum

Patch 27 - Port Interface, New missions, Streamlined economy, Insurance, New currencies.

admin

4 hours ago, admin said:

current buildings were closed and wiped for all players (costs to reopen was added to redeemables)

When the money will be returned to reopen the buildings? or 20k fix that issue..I thought this money was for losses in the changes of some materials

4 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

you shouldn't have to tell me, it should tell you in game.   

well it does not tell you that yet.. But i just told you.

so what are you going to do? You can make 10 more posts asking what academy building does but nothing will change about it in game :), players will ask and you and others like you will tell them until all tooltips are in.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Capn Rocko said:

I understand that the devs put an insane amount of work into this (6+ months) and i am very thankful but it seems almost as if they did not even think about the currency stuff until 1 hr before the patch. 

PvP reward is the same as before (just renamed to Doubloon) now players get 900 PvP marks (doubloons) for sinking 10 ships in PvE

I did test on testbed those 10 ships don't have to be all PvE, PvP kills counts towards the total too, but your stuck with only 5 missions.  You should have like 10 mission total to cover most of them and what you might run into.

Just now, Magallanes said:

When the money will be returned to reopen the buildings? or 20k fix that issue..I thought this money was for losses in the changes of some materials

reals are already applied at patch installation
doubloons are coming soon!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I did test on testbed those 10 ships don't have to be all PvE, PvP kills counts towards the total too, but your stuck with only 5 missions.  You should have like 10 mission total to cover most of them and what you might run into.

Why PvP when PvE is much easier to find and pays the same?

• Like 1

Just now, Banished Privateer said:

So you want to say that my 6000 PvP marks (worth about 500m old gold) got converted into 6000 doubloons and some cutter can carry 15k doubloons in hold? 

As I predicted 2 weeks ago, all players will get screwed up with PvP marks convertion. I can even go and find my post about this and quote it here. It was to be expected...

i knew it was going to happen but I didnt think that a PvE mission would be the equivalent to 900 pvp marks lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gregory Rainsborough said:

So with the clan leaderboard what determines the "total"? 'cus this makes no sense. 'cus SNOW is #10 despite having done more than CH for instance.

qrnNFXv.jpg

5 hours ago, admin said:

Clan leaderboard table does not work as intended and will be updated later

Well, the PvP mark wipe is a kick to the balls. I was saving marks for the loodsman book ( 300 PvP marks ) and they now got converted 1:1 to doubloons with the new price of the book being 9000 and it seemingly requiring me to do PvE missions to get any considerable amount of them. Only thinking about this makes me physically ill...

• Like 7

31 minutes ago, Borch said:

Aha, got it. Completely misunderstood feedback.

will rephrase.. i edited the post and added more info.. 
war server will be risky - but you actually will need to sail much less once you find your hunting spot.. All first rates are around Yucatan, hispaniola and lower antilles. Just move there and you actually have a better time and more fun (pvp fighting other people like you)
such problem does not exist on Peace server and pve oriented players will just move there. 

8 minutes ago, admin said:

We think it should be 99 maybe 999 max.. and the rest should be carried in hold. so 9999 is a good compromise

This is confusing.  With the prices in Doubloons so high we need to stockpile them somewhere.  Would this be in your chest?  Are you suggesting that they be kept in the warehouse or clan warehouse?  I would think that just for ease of access, they be kept in one central location.  Am I not understanding your vision for this currency?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, admin said:

We think it should be 99 maybe 999 max.. and the rest should be carried in hold. so 9999 is a good compromise

What's the actual purpose of money chest? I jumped to another port (it was a freeport) and when I opened the chest, I did not find dubloons there. Is it working as intended?