Jump to content
Game-Labs Forum
admin

Patch 27 - Port Interface, New missions, Streamlined economy, Insurance, New currencies.

Recommended Posts

Dammit!  If I get home and all my redeemables aren't there, and my CM's have changed....I'm going to have to …...Sail out and kill something!  It's still the same game.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can't wait to get home and try it! I picked a great week to start playing again since I don't yet have enough in assets to fret over :P

I suppose I'm a little confused at the wording regarding capturing ships in battle versus the world. Not sure if that's objectively vague or if I'm just being too picky regarding language.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I burned the 2k Doubloons for Acedemy and it has my BP's for Gunnery, 5 rings and Art of Cargo in it.  So guess not every one needs that buildng would be nice if it had a FREAKING DESC>......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

So guess not every one needs that buildng would be nice if it had a FREAKING DESC>......

Wut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

So I burned the 2k Doubloons for Acedemy and it has my BP's for Gunnery, 5 rings and Art of Cargo in it.  So guess not every one needs that buildng would be nice if it had a FREAKING DESC>......

the costs are in the description.

tooltips are not final and will be updated some time in the future.
academy allows you to make crew related upgrades (like british gunners)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

So I burned the 2k Doubloons for Acedemy and it has my BP's for Gunnery, 5 rings and Art of Cargo in it.  So guess not every one needs that buildng would be nice if it had a FREAKING DESC>......

 

mistakesdemotivator.jpg

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Trashumi Cubanwara said:

@Batman one at the start of the combat, between 6 and 8kn and a second one at 6kn

Yikes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Trashumi Cubanwara said:

@Batman one at the start of the combat, between 6 and 8kn and a second one at 6kn

impossible.. please screenshot of boarding letter appearing at 8  knots 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, admin said:

denomination has been applied to all prices (approximately 25 to 1) 

Fine that we got denomination. Unfortunately tow ship prices are  still old.

Now I`m forced to grind reals because i cant tow my ships. 

Edited by GhastlyGhost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it now takes 10 pve missions OR 900 pvp kills to get loodsman. gg wp 

Edited by Capn Rocko
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Aster said:

Patch day so far

death star meme.jpg

I think I will wait a couple of days till  some bandages are applied to this patch...

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Intrepido said:

It takes 10 pve missions (of killing 20 third rates each one) to craft an Ocean.

I am glad I have a stockpile of 1st rates in port...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, GhastlyGhost said:

Fine that we got denomination. Unfortunately tow ship prices are  still old.

Now I`m forced to grind reals because i cant tow my ships. 

this will be patched tomorrow

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, admin said:

the costs are in the description.

tooltips are not final and will be updated some time in the future.
academy allows you to make crew related upgrades (like british gunners)

We have no clue what it does cause there is no desc....other than what it cost.  It should tell you what it does but it doesn't.  Just like every icon is just a picture that looks like half a dozen other things until you scroll over it.  It should list the name of each item with the picture.   

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It sounds like you get more PvP marks from doing PvE than you do from legit PvP?

And before someone comes along and says "there are no more PvP marks!" ....uhh....no. I won't call them by their new names. Call a spade a spade.

You get meager rewards for sinking players and mega rewards (of the same type) for sinking AI. Sounds like the best way to PvP is to go and PvE.

LOL on what planet was that a good idea?

Hopefully....hopefully....I'm understanding this wrong??

 

And pls, DLC for the old UI, I'll be one of the first in line to buy it.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, William Death said:

And before someone comes along and says "there are no more PvP marks!"

There are no more PvP marks.

It's pretty obvious that the system has been completely reworked. It's not just a rebranding of currency. Spend some time and try it out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

3 minutes ago, William Death said:

It sounds like you get more PvP marks from doing PvE than you do from legit PvP?

And before someone comes along and says "there are no more PvP marks!" ....uhh....no. I won't call them by their new names. Call a spade a spade.

You get meager rewards for sinking players and mega rewards (of the same type) for sinking AI. Sounds like the best way to PvP is to go and PvE.

LOL on what planet was that a good idea?

Hopefully....hopefully....I'm understanding this wrong??

 

And pls, DLC for the old UI, I'll be one of the first in line to buy it.

I understand that the devs put an insane amount of work into this (6+ months) and i am very thankful but it seems almost as if they did not even think about the currency stuff until 1 hr before the patch. 

PvP reward is the same as before (just renamed to Doubloon) now players get 900 PvP marks (doubloons) for sinking 10 ships in PvE. They must be trolling. 

Edited by Capn Rocko
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, admin said:

I just told you what it does.. now you know.
I am sure there are others and some might ask the question what it does before building it.

you shouldn't have to tell me, it should tell you in game.   

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Borch said:

I dont know if you didnt push that AI fleet changes too far @admin. I get it that you want people to sail out but no enemy fleets at all around your nation ports is not going to work well. Your new players will just die out of boredom. And finnaly when they find enemy, they get some huge fleets:fleets.jpg.86f89aa0f1ded0002b708bc7bf439873.jpg

  • peace server has enemies near local waters - near almost every port
  • war server does not.

please pick server that fits your player profile. On WAR server: British port = British waters = British ships. 
There are lots of solo bots too and lots of small fleets 1-2 ships.. But they travel on the map.. so you might need to find their routes. You know.. like finding the deer in the hunting games. (no sarcasm whatsoever) - we want players to find hunting spots, instead of constantly clicking attack button in the capital area.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...