Game-Labs Forum

Wipe on release, 3-4 months?

22 hours ago, o7Captain said:

Please just wipe money, items and ships. Keep us the the rank, crafting lvl and ship knowledge + sklil. I think that is  good balance between rewarding old players and giving good start to new players.

This I would be OK with, as long as we got at least a free 5th rate of some kind as a redeemable. Maybe an Indy and a Trader Brig, so we don't have to start with nothing at all.

First, if there is ANY chance of getting a loads of new players in NA, You need to be reasonable.

You really think people will actually decide to join in the game, where they can be attacked at any point, by a guy who owns all the books already in his uber-ship?

If this game is going to have any chance of "second life" and really get going after release, there need to be full, complete wipe.
So every person who buys the game knows, that he starts from the same spot.

And well, I was scared of grinding it again as well. But You know what? Going to testbed server, starting from all over again (completely all over again cause I hello kittyed up with one time redeemables) was a really refreshing experience.

I'd definitely suggest full, whole wipe. Complete one. Even including ranks.

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, OjK said:

Erstens, wenn es eine Chance gibt, viele neue Spieler in NA zu bekommen, müssen Sie vernünftig sein.

Glaubst du wirklich, dass die Leute sich tatsächlich dazu entschließen werden, sich an dem Spiel zu beteiligen, wo sie jederzeit angegriffen werden können, von einem Typen, der alle Bücher besitzt, die er bereits in seinem Uber-Schiff hat?

Wenn dieses Spiel eine Chance auf "zweites Leben" hat und nach der Veröffentlichung wirklich in Gang kommt, muss es vollständig und vollständig gelöscht werden.
So weiß jeder, der das Spiel kauft, dass er von der gleichen Stelle aus startet.

Und nun, ich hatte Angst davor, es noch einmal zu zermahlen. Aber weißt du was? Auf den Testbed Server zu gehen, von vorne zu beginnen (komplett neu, weil ich mich mit einmaligen Reedembles angefreundet habe) war eine wirklich erfrischende Erfahrung.

Ich würde auf jeden Fall den ganzen, ganzen Abwischen vorschlagen. Schließe eins ab. Sogar mit Rängen.

100 % 👍 +1

7 hours ago, Angus MacDuff said:

Test server has proved how easy it is to re-start. 

overall inflated gains and proceedings from actions and resources at 25x iirc so yep ;) 

but 25x 100% agree with you

I will also not disagree with the free slots for all, but that's because i hope every gear to become marginal gains. 

I think as well as Rank xp and Craft xp, we should get to keep Ship Knowledge xp. I think if Ship knowledge is wiped it will drive a lot of players away and create a lot of ill feeling, people just do not want to do that grind all over again.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PaladinFX said:

I think as well as Rank xp and Craft xp, we should get to keep Ship Knowledge xp. I think if Ship knowledge is wiped it will drive a lot of players away and create a lot of ill feeling, people just do not want to do that grind all over again.

if they would wipe some xp they might aswell wipe all xp

13 minutes ago, ElegantWay said:

Please tell us when to wipe, my friends are not online because of this post.

They are waiting for this wipe, and whether it is really necessary to wait and see with the wipe again and again......

There won't be a "wipe" until the game is released, many months from now...and you knew that would eventually happen when you bought the game.  Stop worrying about this nonsense, and go sink or get sunk. 

• 4 weeks later...

If the book collections stay in game but are wiped from my account I will take a big hit in my feels.

If the ship knowledges have to be wiped I'll shed a few tears but hopefully I'll manage to some extent. I won't like it, tho.

I should have known better but the grind to get competitive was of such a character that sense went to the wind and I'm now vulnerable.

I would love to be spared facing those grinds over again.

#justbeinghonest

• Like 3

4 hours ago, jodgi said:

If the book collections stay in game but are wiped from my account I will take a big hit in my feels.

If the ship knowledges have to be wiped I'll shed a few tears but hopefully I'll manage to some extent. I won't like it, tho.

I should have known better but the grind to get competitive was of such a character that sense went to the wind and I'm now vulnerable.

I would love to be spared facing those grinds over again.

#justbeinghonest

Well ship xp wipe would be bad but I would suck it up... learned skill book collection wipe in case of them remaining in the game however... straight quit and never look back. The book grind was hands down the most annoying thing and I don't even have all books yet. Looking for all the parts of gunnery encyclopedia and art of ship handling was like collecting hello kittying Pokemon and I am quite frankly too old for that shit. And especially those two are pretty much bottom line if you want to be competitive in PvP ( people may tell you what they will, about how mods and skillbooks don't matter etc. but if they are honest with themselves they would never leave port in search of equal and worthy opponents without those books equipped ). Grinding the whole collection again, just so I can efficiently fight and enjoy the game is out of the question for me and I don't see any reason to have them wiped either ( no impact on economy and new players will get the books faster if veterans still have them, just like how now my clan shares these books so everyone can complete them ). Would also be a nice gesture to veteran players. But if it were to happen then at this point I would have had an awesome experience in NA already, cut my losses and simply move on.

Edited by Sovereign
  • Like 2

Im with the wipe everything crowd, its the best solution for new players post release.

I know books were a grind but this game is alpha and besides if books are wiped for everyone then noone has any advantage so the whole needing books to be on par with the competitive pvpr's arguement doesnt really hold water.
But thats easy for me to say i havent spent the last 3 years hardcoring this game. I only played Sea trials and then just popped in and out of OW waiting for the full release before try to aquire everything. 

Anyways, game is in development, U should have known this.. dont QQ about lost pixels.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

OK with money and asset wipe... early release and all that, it's unavoidable, but moneys and assets can be gotten through normal gameplay.

Ship XP and books wipe, not OK. In fact ship XP wipe would be one of the few things that would prompt me to uninstall. I can't take another grind like that.