Game-Labs Forum

Patch 25: Open world user interface update.

admin

23 minutes ago, Tac said:

I always think to myself what will I be able to do after the next patch drops that I cannot do now? It’s usually not that much different and my expectations drop back to an even keel again.

manage them expectations people.

You saying we won't get a 10gb patch with all fixes and new engine?

2 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

If you are the server you might. Oh wait, you are not. Maybe a tenth of that then, just the visuals.

Let's stop trolling shall we ?

15 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

Pretty much and Lord Vicious won’t be delivering it personally in a mankini to your door either.

• Like 1

I cannot understand why people are waiting for the Economy Patch before playing again. As far I  understood Admin announced:

Some materials changes, currency changes and ship permit changes.

Which of these are expected to significantly improve the game enough that people who are not currently playing will return. My interpretation is that it will just mean that some new ways to add up and spreadsheet changes will be required with some more pictures and buttons. Is there any real new content here?

Buster (head scratching)

Edited by Busterbloodvessel
  • Like 2

Love how when things like this get brought up certain Devs become silent on the matter.  Like I said last week a simple update weekly would save them a lot of belly aching from us salty vets.  I'm not asking for any set time, just an update to see how things are going?  Are they still in line with maybe getting it out this week/month or will it be yet another month or two.  That and a lot of guys i know returned thinking the OW UI was the UI patch and they all ready stopped playing cause the patch is taking once again to long and don't expect anything good from it from what they seen of the OW UI.   I'm really gettiing a felling we aren't going to be that impressed by it and why it took so long.  Something thy said they started working on at the start of the year......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Busterbloodvessel said:

I cannot understand why people are waiting for the Economy Patch before playing again. As far I  understood Admin announced:

Which of these are expected to significantly improve the game enough that people who are not currently playing will return. My interpretation is that it will just mean that some new ways to add up and spreadsheet changes will be required with some more pictures and buttons. Is there any real new content here?

Buster (head scratching)

The reason is quite easy to understand: people are so abismally bored about this game as it is now, that everything counts (even) in small amounts (no reverse Depeche Mode citation intended). 

Also some of the oldest PVP enthusiast veterans are realizing that things are likely to turn bad for the game if this summer will not bring any actual new good content. That's why so many people on the forum are urging for at least "some information" about it.

Edited by victor

Patches have been weak for a long time.  It's not bringing players back, and it's not progressing the game any.  I would've been fired from my job a long time ago for this performance.  So many player suggestions have been offered for what's important, turned away.  There just seems to be no will to make the game fully enjoyable.  If that were to happen players would return and many of the issues would just disappear.  P2W adds have made much of that unachievable now IMO.  That long wait for a partial UI change was disappointing I agree.  Even with the potential economy patch it doesn't promise to fix the economy so what's the point.

• Like 1

The econ patch won't solve the game boring for so called "old" players. But the development must pass through this gate, because the new port UI needs to be deployed including the new econ system to avoid double development (as elsewhere explained by admins). And yes, this is long if we don't want it to be fully bugged. 

Maybe, after that, we could expect some new content in game.

Unless we get in between some new DLC to help waiting, hoping this not to be a pay-to-win again. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Eleazar de Damas said:

The econ patch won't solve the game boring for so called "old" players. But the development must pass through this gate, because the new port UI needs to be deployed including the new econ system to avoid double development (as elsewhere explained by admins). And yes, this is long if we don't want it to be fully bugged. 

Maybe, after that, we could expect some new content in game.

Unless we get in between some new DLC to help waiting, hoping this not to be a pay-to-win again. 

Pretty much my view the faster this patch gets dropped the sooner they can move on to other issues.  Though some feed back would be nice from @admin or @Ink would help too.  

That or just give us all a paint heat every week it’s delayed and I’ll shut up until it drops.

16 hours ago, Busterbloodvessel said:

Buster (head scratching)

We are waiting for roe fixes and requin fix. Lost 3 good ships to requin ganks this weekend. I can't afford to build this many ships. Worst part about requin is that they don't even shoot. They waste their chains and when they run out ram me until their allies catch up..... 

I guess we will be returning in 2 months or so. 

Edited by HachiRoku

24 minutes ago, rediii said:

we all die anyway fuck life

New players are on both sides and since I gain my fun more from bigger battles and teaching people and/or provide fun content then yes, more players mean fun and content for me

Also in small scale pvp im not nearly as good as other guys like @Havelock @PalachRT(wrong mention lol) @Palatinose @HachiRoku @Abram Svensson 

I really think a lot of the hard core PvP/RvR guys don't understand about new players cause they tend to avoid them.  As a US player I deal with new players daily and the retention rate is sad how many don't stick around and most the time it's not that the game is to hard, it's cause they get tired of being farmed by old vets.  Than you have a few that kick ass and actually do better than some of the so called elite vets out there and they only been in game a few weeks.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, rediii said:

New players are on both sides and since I gain my fun more from bigger battles and teaching people and/or provide fun content then yes, more players mean fun and content for me

Also in small scale pvp im not nearly as good as other guys like @Havelock @PalachRT(wrong mention lol) @Palatinose @HachiRoku @Abram Svensson 

i see that mention of mine ironic after the last two days :D@rediii

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, rediii said:

can you explain to me how they get farmed? Safezone in my oppinion is pretty safe if you dont tag AI fleets

The most important skill in NA is self reflection and learning. You get wrecked by someone? analyze the battle and realy think about what is happening there and why he did more damage to you

New player joins, hops in a cutter, tags a privateer, gets ganked by 10 veterans.

Scale that up to any amount and you have a farm. I would sooner analyze why I'm being spawn killed by people with a  thousand hours in my supposed "safezone"

2 hours ago, rediii said:

Don't compare me to trash like them! 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, rediii said:

can you explain to me how they get farmed? Safezone in my oppinion is pretty safe if you dont tag AI fleets

Safe zone is not safe for new players especially now with the Le Requin. 

If you are tagged by a Le Requin in the safe zone and you call reinforcements all you get is a Snow which the Le Requin can ignore while he continues to kill you. Even if other players join a boarding fitted Le Requin can take you down and still escape with little problems.

16 minutes ago, Archaos said:

Safe zone is not safe for new players especially now with the Le Requin. 

If you are tagged by a Le Requin in the safe zone and you call reinforcements all you get is a Snow which the Le Requin can ignore while he continues to kill you. Even if other players join a boarding fitted Le Requin can take you down and still escape with little problems.

People do not quit after loosing snows and small ships. It's the rear admirals in sols that cry like bitches. To them I say git gud. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

People do not quit after loosing snows and small ships. It's the rear admirals in sols that cry like bitches. To them I say git gud. 

They do, you just don't hear from them. They aren't so zealously invested into this game that they immediately see the ridiculousness of getting spawn killed by large groups of players who vastly out equip them.

Even E.V.E treats it's new players better. That's really saying something.

Edited by Slim McSauce

1 minute ago, rediii said:

valid argument

#make safezones no pvp areas

Tell me. Where is pvp? Player created safe zones was content people liked. Gb used to have dozens of players in patrol ts and now fuck all. Keep roe, remove ai and let players do the defending as it should be. You cannot have player driven content if the ai is doing the work players should be doing. As long as battles stay open it is enough. 

1 minute ago, Slim McSauce said:

They do, you just don't hear from them. They aren't so zealously invested into this game that they immediately see the ridiculousness of getting spawn killed by large groups of players who vastly out equip them.

Even E.V.E treats it's new players better. That's really saying something.

I do man and unlike many others I give new players great new ships including mods. If more people helped players and worked together it would all solve itself. 

8 minutes ago, HachiRoku said:

I do man and unlike many others I give new players great new ships including mods. If more people helped players and worked together it would all solve itself. 

That's not really the issue solving itself imo. You're only further diluting the experience by giving away things to new players when the goal should be to earn. There's plenty of wealth to go around, enough for everyone to play the game with no economy for a while, but then there goes a lot of the game.

Edited by Slim McSauce

We desperately need to rebalance these smaller ships.  @admin several weeks ago you said the shallows ships would be rebalanced.  Many of us have just stopped sailing in the Shallows Patrol and also stopped scheduling shallows PB until this occurs. 

Currently the Xebec is far to OP and has become the ship of choice in shallows PB's.  The BR is way too low on the Le Requin, and ships like the Rattlesnake Heavy have become totally uncompetitive.  

Please hurry up with the rebalance.

Very related to this, the larger shallows PB BR limits are WAY too high.   Nassau is BR 2850 - why?  if means 25 ships can get in without even getting close to the BR limit.  We should have BR limits on ports that force attackers and defenders to select a mix of ships - not just pick all the most powerful ships.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Slim McSauce said:

That's not really the issue solving itself imo

Its a game with player driven content. Protecting the capital zone is content! The devs have never tested keeping battles open without ai around safe zones. I believe it would make capital area protection more active again. Stop comparing this game to eve because the only thing they have in common is their both mmos. Nothing more. Eves solutions will not work in naval action. Battlefields conquest mode is also not na solution to port battles. 

Just now, HachiRoku said:

Its a game with player driven content. Protecting the capital zone is content! The devs have never tested keeping battles open without ai around safe zones. I believe it would make capital area protection more active again. Stop comparing this game to eve because the only thing they have in common is their both mmos. Nothing more. Eves solutions will not work in naval action. Battlefields conquest mode is also not na solution to port battles. 

Yeah I agree, I liked before the greenzone. I also like the ROE and I think a longer join timer ~10 minutes would be good universal ROE, and keep the 3 minute ROE for battles that start at night. That would be cool and make sense, unlike a safezone that doesn't do it's job protecting new players like it should.