Game-Labs Forum

Patch 25: Open world user interface update.

admin

On 6/27/2018 at 9:46 AM, CaptainSparckles said:

Why i have to pay to change my nickname?

Why not free ?

It is free.  Delete your char and make a new one you can change your name all you want.

its Friday and almost end of month so I take it no Econ hotfix?

3 minutes ago, Jean de la Rochelle said:

I noticed that I don't have deck guns available anymore when boarding on some ships. Is there a reason for that?

More than 2 decks difference disable the boarding guns.

the borders on the map are annoying if you have to zoom in for example if you are a new player and search up a port that happens to be at the edge, they are hard to see because they would then be under the menu, adding something like this like an 3d painted map laying  on a board or table would make a good solution.

Capture.PNG

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, Hethwill said:

Sorry, I don't quite understand, what difference?

33 minutes ago, Wyy said:

the borders on the map are annoying if you have to zoom in for example if you are a new player and search up a port that happens to be at the edge,

Yep, just ran into the same problem in the Gulf of Mexico on the far west corner. The towns are hidden behind the UI of the map.

2 hours ago, Jean de la Rochelle said:

Sorry, I don't quite understand, what difference?

If, for example, a Bellona board a brig, there won't be a fire deck guns option during the boarding phase.

Brig has one deck. Bellona has 3. The lower deck, main deck, quarterdeck. Therefore a two deck difference.

• Like 1

@admin When using Prolific Forger, all I want to do is change my name, I won't lose ships, resources, outposts, etc? Also my friends list and how does that change? They just immediately have the new name, yes?

Thanks, the dlc is awesome, only need requin to complete, can't wait for paints, new Connie, and sails colors. teehee TAKE MUH MONIES 

19 hours ago, Hethwill said:

That's really stupid. So for instance the 2 guns on the herc's quarterdeck somehow prevent all the guns on the top deck from firing at the requin while boarding? Ridiculous!

Why should guns that are level with the top dek of the other ship not be able to fire regardless of the total number of decks?

21 hours ago, Hethwill said:

And as some folks have recently found out the Herc makes a very piss poor boarder

2 hours ago, Knobby said:

That's really stupid. So for instance the 2 guns on the herc's quarterdeck somehow prevent all the guns on the top deck from firing at the requin while boarding? Ridiculous!

Why should guns that are level with the top dek of the other ship not be able to fire regardless of the total number of decks?

They are to high to shoot down or something like that is why you can't use them.  Though with crew management Hercs are really bad to use as board ships (Requin is the king for this), so it's prob best to sale in groups as some Hercs have been finding out lately when we swarm them with Niagara's and H Rattlers and take them out.  The H Rats support the Niagara's as they rage board the Hercs.   Though now with Requin and every one and there mother having DLC ships it's easier to have these ships and support each other, just don't let the Hercs get boarded is all.

16 hours ago, rbnhd76 said:

@admin When using Prolific Forger, all I want to do is change my name, I won't lose ships, resources, outposts, etc? Also my friends list and how does that change? They just immediately have the new name, yes

Would love to see a thread for both Prolific Forger  and Admiralty Connection, with step by step directions and explaination of the limitations and features.  Trial by error to determine how the DLC works could result in loss of; ships, stuff, outposts, etc.

Edited by Macjimm
Punctuation sentence structure
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Macjimm said:

Would love to see a thread for both Prolific Forger  and Admiralty Connection, with step by step directions and explaination of the limitations and features.  Trial by error to determine how the DLC works could result in lost ships, stuff, outposts, etc.

The forge papers is pretty idiot proof as it errors any time you do something that can't be done, but yah now that we have them as DLC it would be nice if some one did a walk through to help new or old players not make any mistakes.

• Like 1

I am not a fan of rare upgrades and ships as are not good for competitive PvP.

Increased change to get better quality ships if crafted outside green zones was a good idea for a game like NA is today. The first good idea to give players something to do outside green zones. Which also got implemented.

Whoever invented should get a free DLC.

I tried it, if you only do the name change, it only changes the name. It changes at server maintenance and worked for me. Still have everything else.

capnoob to CapnJackSparrow

And now Thomas Gaius Marshall hates me. 

Sadface.jpg

On 7/1/2018 at 2:59 AM, Intrepido said:

I have been here long enough to know that many can say the same thing.  Is this for sure the initial post?

Admin should verify.

Truth is that there are other good ideas here but none gets ever implemented. So if it was you Intrepido, I have no idea how you were able to get it done.

GJ

4 hours ago, Intrepido said:

Rediii suggestions for RvR were made after my post, in April.

Admin reads our posts, we must keep the hope that together, all of us thinking, we can make a better game for everyone.

Admin should verify and after give you a dlc ;)

If it was really you, well thank you. In the last 2-3 years your idea has been the first good content outside green zones.

On 6/29/2018 at 1:30 PM, Jean de la Rochelle said:

I noticed that I don't have deck guns available anymore when boarding on some ships. Is there a reason for that?

if you "turn off" the deck guns they also are disabled when boarding. (along with what others have said)

Hotfix deployed 5th July 2018

Epic chest (dropping from epic events) content slightly improved
Fixed bug that sent one of the OW chat windows into battle instances completely hiding the compass (thanks to @Cpt Reverse)

Internet Connection instability fixes:

• Fixed bug that sometimes locked out the player from using ports after random teleports caused by connection drops during the change of state (thanks to @z4ys)
  • Fixed bug that sometimes locked the player from using ports if he is sent to two battles due to connection drops (thanks to @Vile Executioner)
  • Like 4