Game-Labs Forum

Patch 24: Properly depowering your staysails

admin

20 minutes ago, GhastlyGhost said:

So much salt. Someone tell week ago that patch willl be relased in June. Devs tell about this on reddit.

Why reddit and streams, shouldn't it be posted in the actual OFFICIAL FORUMS?  Not just in one language section that most of the users don't use?   That is my only complaint is it seems they want to inform their little buddies but not the gamer as a whole? 

Hell I'll be honest didn't even know we had an active reddit for this game, but I should not be getting important game patches and other things info from third hand in other formats.  

Also this patch was suppose to be ready back in like April, but like all the other big patches they never make there ETA and get pushed back several months.  THough it would be nice if they would drop a hint as to why instead of folks sitting around with there thumbs up there arse waiting on a patch to drop.  I mean we are told to turn our resources into 

April 19 gives us big hints of what to come, no ETA mention, but be ready.

Than we get this on May 4th stating 20-30 days.  Well it's 20-30 days so would be nice if we got an update post about what is going on.  I'm fine if it takes another 30 days if that is what they need, just don't drop hints to your buddies and not the whole game.  We have this forums for a reason.  They need to be using it instead of dropping hints in reddit or some Russian Streamers stream.  If you than make a post shortly after to update the rest of us.

With them getting closer to the actual patch maybe dropping they could also do an update on the above post that gives us more details on what to expect and what we could do before than to get ready for the patch. I'm sure things as always have changed since that last post stating on what we should do with our resources has changed.  Not to mention some of us are really wondering about this new currency thing and what we should do to get ready for it.  Maybe what buildings will be gone so we don't have to make new ones and just burn up old resources.  There is a lot of detail they seem to always forget to pass on to us to make things easier.  I know a lot of folks that have been waiting on this patch to return and if it keeps dragging out they will keep loosing interest just as many current players are going off and playing other games.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Ink said:

Captains, the patch will be deployed in June,  ETA will be provided later on next week most likely.

Thanks ink,

any chance you could let us know what we need to do in preparation for this patch?

also if you are keeping reddit upto date over the forums would you mind posting a link to the reddit post at the bottom of the forum post or add it to your signature?

Edited by Rebrall

3 hours ago, Rebrall said:

Thanks ink,

any chance you could let us know what we need to do in preparation for this patch?

also if you are keeping reddit upto date over the forums would you mind posting a link to the reddit post at the bottom of the forum post or add it to your signature?

I went and subscribe to reddit, but I wonder if it's another one cause most of the info there is 3 months old or older so I'm not sure what info was posted as per said above.  So I"m kinda wondering about this too.

6 hours ago, GhastlyGhost said:

So much salt. Someone tell week ago that patch willl be relased in June. Devs tell about this on reddit.

Can you maybe link the reddit post they commented on please.  

Same with the streamer, if it's who I think it he put's up saved copies of his stream we can go back and watch.  I would go back and watch if there is updated info hinted in them.  Well unless it's all in Russian, cause I can't use translators like I do on here when I check Russian post.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Why reddit and streams, shouldn't it be posted in the actual OFFICIAL FORUMS?

Of course that should. I think that no one will deny this fact. But after many patches and "Mighty wipe" we should used to delayes.

Mayby @admin will give us more  UI screenshots. That would be a good apology for the lack of information.

13 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Can you maybe link the reddit post they commented on please.  

I`m sorry but information about this was posted here on forum by another player some time ago. Personally due to lack of time i didn`t looked this. 

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 11:47 AM, admin said:

Update June 4th (server side update)

• Fixed the bug with extra experience for crew damage
    • Team have decided to not revert extra xp gains received as a result of the bug, as it was caused by the developers.

• Like 5

Most of use never see this cause we are maxed out level.  Though it does help for grinding out ships, but how much was it to much?  The other thing @Ink why does sail xp for OW not go to ship experience?   This way trade ships that travel a lot can slowly open up there knowledge slots on LVG's and Indianmans along with any other ships.

• Like 7

Currently you gain experience for slots only by combat experience, OW sailing experience for trading ships is a known suggestion, but will be reviewed again at later stages once more important tasks are done. As it might be still a fake feature promoting only botting and such stuff.

Small update was deployed today  12th June

• Xebecs are now a shallow water ships - they can enter shallow ports (but not yet into port battles)
  • Speed of sail setting and sail furling for xebec significantly improved to replicate the fact that lateen sails could be raised and depowered much faster than other types (also fixing the design problem of only 2 modes for these sails
  • Lateen sail bonus added to rig refits that affect jibs/staysails
  • Leeway slightly increased (10% for square sails and 15% for lateen and staysails)
  • Wind change in open world battles greatly reduced (from 60-120 to 30-60 degrees), wind will be changing around every 15 mins (starting from 13 mins) but will feel more natural and not as drastic as before to give leeway and long term planning more importance.

One more teaser on the in game map (already in test builds)
KFP9Btj.jpg

• Like 16

7 minutes ago, admin said:
  • Wind change in open world battles greatly reduced (from 60-120 to 30-60 degrees), wind will be changing around every 15 mins (starting from 13 mins) but will feel more natural and not as drastic as before to give leeway and long term planning more importance.

This is very much appraciated :)

38 minutes ago, admin said:

Small update was deployed today  12th June

• Xebecs are now a shallow water ships - they can enter shallow ports (but not yet into port battles)
  • Speed of sail setting and sail furling for xebec significantly improved to replicate the fact that lateen sails could be raised and depowered much faster than other types (also fixing the design problem of only 2 modes for these sails
  • Lateen sail bonus added to rig refits that affect jibs/staysails
  • Leeway slightly increased (10% for square sails and 15% for lateen and staysails)

One more teaser on the in game map (already in test builds)
KFP9Btj.jpg

Beautiful, one request please place a Crown inside every larger circle (Nation Capital port). We are still waiting on the big patch this month, right?

https://www.google.com/search?q=crown+logo&rlz=1C1GCEO_enUS784US784&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj4j8exqc7bAhXr7YMKHQ00DsYQ_AUICigB&biw=849&bih=553

Edited by Wind
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Wind said:

We are still waiting on the big patch this month, right?

Yes

big patch this month.. not sure if economy changes will get in - but will try - if not they will get by end of june (economy changes, denomination and streamlining).
the rest will get in.  we will post forth coming patch contents by end of the week

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Release everything in one great big patch.

Use the extra time to fix too some of the top problems of the game.

We need great patches so people come back again.

Anything is good even a small patch at this point. Not sure many will be back just because of a big patch, this game needs a story and many other things. 

Edited by Wind

On 6/1/2018 at 10:18 PM, Sir Texas Sir said:

Why reddit and streams, shouldn't it be posted in the actual OFFICIAL FORUMS?  Not just in one language section that most of the users don't use? 

We have not posted a single post or reply on reddit for a very long time. 
June patch was mentioned by us here on the forum though; even in this topic

• Like 1

16 hours ago, z4ys said:

current state of leeway

Leeway is way stronger at slower speeds, because keel does not have enough water resistance to counteract and transfer the energy into forward movement.
With other things being equal it is highest when both staysails and square sails provide max side power (around 90-80 degrees to hull). 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, admin said:

We have not posted a single post or reply on reddit for a very long time. 
June patch was mentioned by us here on the forum though; even in this topic

Yah after he posted that it was mention by ya'll on reddit I went to check and didn't find anything.  Reddit is pretty much dead for this game at this time.  That is why I asked him to post the link and he never did.