Game-Labs Forum

Patch 11.0: New ships, Unity 5, Improved clan based conquest, and many other changes.

admin

Dear developer,

please set the bugged portbattles to the respective owners for everybody.

For us Swedes it is the same fubar situation as after the last reset, it takes a hit on our motivation.

I understand it is EA and bugs have to be expected, but it is hard to accept if it only hit two nations fully (SE and NL).

Many thanks for your consideration.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Liq said:

Ah well guess you're right. But still have to explain to me how a surprise targetting an essex can be considered as ganking

and:
"Very skilled hunters can still overcome this challenge."

I would like to meet the captain, able to take out an essex with two 1st rates being aggrod on him aswell

But overall I guess you're right; its just a shame that there is no real reason for players to leave their waters to go elsewhere and go for pvp there. I hope you're close with Legends, leaf is already falling here :o)

Ivy2vKN-TEK7sucuzJvqLg.png

died shortly after from the 1st rates

• Like 1

276BC44ECB8A89F8BD5BE61AEB2F96B0104E1F5C

17 minutes ago, sveno said:

Dear developer,

For us Swedes it is the same fubar situation as after the last reset, it takes a hit on our motivation.

I understand it is EA and bugs have to be expected, but it is hard to accept if it only hit two nations fully (SE and NL).

as for motivation speaking..... 

all my captains retired in despair after the bug strikes

it was a huge disappointment for 2 days work and a huge  organisation for a small clan

some compassion is at place

Edited by Thonys
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Quineloe said:

True enough, but Admirality isn't something you constantly need anyways. If you have an outpost in that neutral port, you can just teepee to an outpost with Admirality access. And upgrades you purchase there can be teleported with you in the upgrades inventory.

Not ship permits and the nearest Brit port to us now is almost an hour sail away. A small detour but never the less makes ship construction more time consuming. Thanks for your reply. 

2 hours ago, admin said:

no. for new players it will be business as usual.
first the profits margins are 3-4x+ or more on trading goods 
second most games have taxes 
third - trade with untaxed ports

and again - for new players this will be fine

Business as usual has no bearing on development, not sure what this has to do with it.

Profit margins are NOT 3-4 times.  I took a look at multiple ports on two servers, global and pve.  Profits were pretty much the same on similar items.  I bought in one port, took a look at the trading tool....turned out it was wrong......when I got to second port the port was saturated at just over 1000 stock and buying for 1.  Went to another port same thing.  Other goods did not have 3-4 times more, according to the tool.  Same both servers.

What does other games taxes have to do with the economy on this server?

There were no untaxed ports that I saw anywhere.

1 hour ago, Bach said:

Seriously???  It's easy to find trade good items that were and still yield 100% profit.  I wouldn't even bother with runs that were less than 80% profit.  20% tax shouldn't be stopping anyone and if you know a good trader port you can always cap it and lower the tax.

Name them.  Only on precious items.  Not common items sold and bought in most any port.  Those are few, and only a few runs.

Edited by Jean Ribault
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jean Ribault said:

Name them.  Only on precious items.  Not common items sold and bought in most any port.  Those are few, and only a few runs.

Even coffee and fine leather can get you 100% profit.  Parisian Furniture, Textile Mills, Blackironwood and others not only hit 100% they can net a million profit per run.  There are entire spreadsheets out there players have made detailing consistent high value trades. 

I typically take Parisian furniture to Gustavia and bring back Swedish goods to Fort Royal for almost 2mil profit per run.  It sounds like your maybe taking trade runs without the background study. I would recommend getting with another player in your clan that studies these Econ aspects. They are some of the richest players in the game.

Edited by Bach
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, admin said:

but then defenders won't be able to come in. Maybe we should lower number of ships in missions and limit the entry by ship type

This situation couldn't you change the whole mission and base it on BR and every time a new ship enters that hasn't escaped the ai reacts like the reinforcements situation and add more ships to the instance again based on BR? 

20 hours ago, Liq said:

Better than back when we could rageboard 1st rate fleet Missions and do 1.5m - 2m per battle :)

This might actually be doable again. Get all the boarding mods on a crew space buc or vic. Surgeon even lets you recover crew every 5 min now. And use pressgang perk :)

How much gold do you now get per sank ai 1st rate?

Not 5 min at least not for repairs.. 12 I think I didnt notice till I hit repair to check cool down last night and it was at 8 min and change

EDit for time it is 12 min cool down

Edited by CaptVonGunn
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, BetaVape said:

How is everyone making 600k in 40mins? Im getting like 200k per hour doing solo missions. Also loving this patch so far.

I can do a solo Rear admiral mission in less then 8 mins in my Vic I get around 160k vs a pav and 170K vs another vic, I can do them really quickly if I have to ask @amplify 😜

And i I got over 500k in a hostility mission and 2 of us did one in 30 mins 

Edited by Rebrall

10 hours ago, fox2run said:

We have been testing clans for some time now. They dont work properly. Once a clan reach a certain size, it will divide when leaders dont agree. The splitted clans wont be as solid and usually split again. Any mid-size and small clan is very, very hard to make work. My clan has around 15 members, but halt of them didnt log in for a year and the other half not for six months waiting for the next patch or some more action. I was a member of a bigger clan, but there where a lot of disagreements and it splitted up in fragments. Another clan took leadership of the nation, but it meant a kind of an oligarchy where normal players had to follow what "was best for the nation". All in all a pretty bad gaming experience.

The fun part is battles some trading and shipbuilding. How can we experience this without the clan-based stuff? How can I have this feeling as fighting for a nation, participate in the big battles, defending, figting etc without being dependant on [clans]? (Its ok to have these but please dont make them nescessary to have the full gaming experience). Clans split a nation and hence the game-community. We need to put players together not dividing them into atoms.

1) Port battles open FOR ALL.

2) All ships should be able to be built by single players within reasonable time.

3) Nation-mechanisms should be favoured before any clans. (Like scoreboards, arena-like battle setup-options in OW like patrols/areas of control etc.

thank you

If you make friend s with other clans they will help you defend... It isn't bloody rocket science

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mikawa said:

The problem are players joining in minor ships. So the decision was to restrict port battle participation only to clan members.

I agree that clan environments are a pain but this is common in all multiplayer online games ... sad but true, nobody sees you so people feel like they are protected by anonymity ...

And? So the ones attacking get to pick who helps them attack.. the Defender gets to friend any clans he wants to help him? Not seeing a problem...

22 minutes ago, BetaVape said:

How is everyone making 600k in 40mins? Im getting like 200k per hour doing solo missions. Also loving this patch so far.

I still sometimes go hit NPC fleets in the OW that I know the ship I am in can handle, as well as the enemy fleet cannot do a lot of damage back.

so for example I am in a frigate - I decide to target a 300 BR fleet of snows, brigs, and 7th rates. each ship does not have the damage to sink my frigate, so I am able to kill each one very easily and loot if I can. (basically the enemy fleet is a higher BR than my ship, but because they are all significantly smaller ships with lower broadside and cannon class, you are able to soak the damage and kill them faster than they kill you....although your crew will suffer.)

Individually each ship doesn't give out a lot of cash, but after killing them all you can net more gold than a mission does, or at least that is what I have found. This is what I have found so fa for rewards from NPC ships. Keep in mind that it seems based on the wood type of the OW NPC ship, the reward changes. (these are the ships I have sunk so far)

Cutter (NPC) 24,996 gold 74 xp 3 combat marks

Privateer 24,996 gold 74 xp 3 combat marks

Snow (NPC) 35,196 gold 121 xp 4 combat marks

Navy Brig (NPC) 45,025 gold 166 xp 5 combat marks

Renomee (NPC) 62,029 gold 245 xp 7 combat marks

Surprise (NPC) 76,500 gold 311 xp 8 combat marks

Frigate (NPC) 87,890 gold 363 xp 10 combat marks

Belle Poule (NPC) 91,832 gold 380 xp 10 combat marks

Essex (NPC) 92,442 383 xp 10 combat marks

Constitution (NPC) 116,767 gold 492 xp 13 combat marks

St. Pavel (NPC) 161,196 gold 680 xp 22 combat marks

Edited by Teutonic

24 minutes ago, BetaVape said:

Hostility missions are 10 ships of that port type.  6th Rates (Mercuries), 4th Rates (Aggy's) and 1st Rates (Victs).  Depending how many poople you bring you can have about 4-5 guys and knock them off pretty fast and get alot of cash, do them solo and you can make even more, but better bring a lot of repairs.  I just did three 1st rate missions with 4 other guys and I made 1 million.  Did the same last night.  I'm averaging about 1 million a night just off Hostility missions. It pays for all my econ and than some.

1 minute ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Hostility missions are 10 ships of that port type.  6th Rates (Mercuries), 4th Rates (Aggy's) and 1st Rates (Victs).  Depending how many poople you bring you can have about 4-5 guys and knock them off pretty fast and get alot of cash, do them solo and you can make even more, but better bring a lot of repairs.  I just did three 1st rate missions with 4 other guys and I made 1 million.  Did the same last night.  I'm averaging about 1 million a night just off Hostility missions. It pays for all my econ and than some.

I haven't checked, but I believe you can also continue to do hostility missions for the same port, even after popping the port battles.

Also, this is probably the first time in Naval Action and any other game I have played recently where having a group do missions or kill NPCs grants more money/gold than when doing it alone, and I really love that this happens.

5 hours ago, Jean Ribault said:

You won't find them.  20% player tax, I quit the game.  I'm sure many will follow.  There is no reason to trade anymore.  10% coming, 10% going.  Time for Civ VI.  Taxing players is a huge mistake.

We are earning a lot more, so taxing is not that bad.  Question is what is the right tax rate.  I do not have an answer to that tho.

5 hours ago, admin said:

but then defenders won't be able to come in. Maybe we should lower number of ships in missions and limit the entry by ship type

Mixed fleets in Port Battles and Hostility Missions.  The battles will be more interesting that way.  You do not have to make every port to have mixed fleet, nor you have to make every mission to have it.  How boring would be World Of Warships if everyone would have a Cruiser?  When they have multiple different roles it gets 1000 times more interesting.  Highly recommend.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Teutonic said:

I haven't checked, but I believe you can also continue to do hostility missions for the same port, even after popping the port battles.

Also, this is probably the first time in Naval Action and any other game I have played recently where having a group do missions or kill NPCs grants more money/gold than when doing it alone, and I really love that this happens.

You can as I did some at Saline Point even after AIB flipped it.  It was nice seeing them at the port battle. Only a few of our guys showed up but it was all there show just like Parrot Cay will be all them.  Only showing up to give them pointers.  Maybe these solo ports will help get more small clans out and into the RvR of stuff as one port isn't like taking a whole region and can be more easily fought over.  I think they are going to have 15 guys show up for this port battle.  Maybe they can keep it up and can fight some of the other nations small clans.  

We where having fun in the mission for once.....well until three of use got DC one after another. I got DCed than two others did.  By the way when your fighitn AI first rates and it's 4 1st rates and 3rd vs 10 1st rates.  Getting DC sucks.   We may or may not have lost a 1st rate tonight. It for sure wasn't mine though, as for the none Vict in our group I can't say.....lol

7 hours ago, Jef said:

Yeah this makes no sense... 

Also what is the maximum range for people to call in reinforcements...  There is no indicator at all for anyone raiding/searching for PVP to know where the reinforcements circle ends.
If it is the region(and I believe it is) look at the map... There is no incentive to raid Dutch traders anymore, as their entire region is basically protected, same for the French, and for the Brits.

The Capital Regions I believe I know for Pirates it is the entire Iguana Region it shows Reinforcements available.. SO it is likely safe to say same for all

Edited by CaptVonGunn

16 hours ago, admin said:

we will update the PB times to times when they should have happened manually (but one time).

Maybe make that two times please, given the 3 limit, you wiped our 100% hostility once and now its set our PB for 3am for us, instead of 8.50pm !!

PLEASE.

Last night we flipped Bluefields, its sat at 100% coz there were already 3 brit port queued (this will always be the case and is sort of daft btw).

We flipped it at about 10:50ish server time (about an three hours or so after restart to give us a 1hr after restart battle) so the port battle should be at 8:50ish server time...instead it has popped for 16:22. which is 3am for most of us ?

Please remember we had this already setup the day before and you zero'd our hostility, so this is our 2nd attempt to setup a PB.

Be nice if you could fix the time for us @admin @Ink

Edited by Jeheil
  • Like 2

After some testing I would say that casual players may get one L'Hermione per evening + cannons.  They may buy some cheap upgrades from shop as well.  Assuming they have 4th rate to grind PvE missions.  How long it takes for them to get to this 4th rate is another story.

The next evening he goes to sink his L'Hermione in PvP.

I did solo PvE missions.  I sailed the new Wasa ship, sinking St. Pavels mainly.  Then I noticed this, http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198021487140/recommended/311310/

I believe that most on this forum can do these with ease in 10-30 minutes, but I am not really sure how casuals would do it.  So I admit that my estimate may not be too accurate.  I also assumed that casuals play ~2 hours per day.  This is not even too casual amount as many play only 2-6 hours per week.

You can spend 6-12 hours per day to Naval Action.  It is true that you may own soon all blueprints, ships, upgrades and have billions.  I really dont think this will be the case when we think average players.

Sad thing is that most casuals left the game already.  Would be interesting to know how the current income rate works for them.  If they are able to join PvP fight with 1 durability ship every second day, this income rate may not be even enough for many.  I am not asking to increase the income rate, but I think that we definitely should test the current one before we state that we are all doomed.

If you know some casual players who had difficulties to keep playing, now might be a good time to ask them to test the game again.

6 hours ago, Bach said:

Even coffee and fine leather can get you 100% profit.  Parisian Furniture, Textile Mills, Blackironwood and others not only hit 100% they can net a million profit per run.  There are entire spreadsheets out there players have made detailing consistent high value trades. 

I typically take Parisian furniture to Gustavia and bring back Swedish goods to Fort Royal for almost 2mil profit per run.  It sounds like your maybe taking trade runs without the background study. I would recommend getting with another player in your clan that studies these Econ aspects. They are some of the richest players in the game.

How's that work at 8pm when there's always like five swedish players just idling at the end of the Gustavia Bay who would very much intercept a trader fleet approaching?

4 hours ago, Cmdr RideZ said:

After some testing I would say that casual players may get one L'Hermione per evening + cannons.  They may buy some cheap upgrades from shop as well.  Assuming they have 4th rate to grind PvE missions.  How long it takes for them to get to this 4th rate is another story.

The next evening he goes to sink his L'Hermione in PvP.

I did solo PvE missions.  I sailed the new Wasa ship, sinking St. Pavels mainly.  Then I noticed this, http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198021487140/recommended/311310/

I believe that most on this forum can do these with ease in 10-30 minutes, but I am not really sure how casuals would do it.  So I admit that my estimate may not be too accurate.  I also assumed that casuals play ~2 hours per day.  This is not even too casual amount as many play only 2-6 hours per week.

You can spend 6-12 hours per day to Naval Action.  It is true that you may own soon all blueprints, ships, upgrades and have billions.  I really dont think this will be the case when we think average players.

Sad thing is that most casuals left the game already.  Would be interesting to know how the current income rate works for them.  If they are able to join PvP fight with 1 durability ship every second day, this income rate may not be even enough for many.  I am not asking to increase the income rate, but I think that we definitely should test the current one before we state that we are all doomed.

If you know some casual players who had difficulties to keep playing, now might be a good time to ask them to test the game again.

I'm a VERY casual player myself. I ran one combat mission, a master com level, on the pve server the day of the patch, and have to say... I wasn't very impressed. The AI ship still is deadly accurate, their stern chasers still MASSIVELY going over the max angle limits of fire (firing almost 90 degrees to the ship's hull to hit targets), and just being far too powerful with far too many buffs.

As for income...yeah...it was a little better...but I've been stuck very firmly at 600k since the wipe... I've done all kinds of trading, all kinds of missions, and the ONLY reason I managed to even get my Essex back and kit her with 32pd carros was because A: I had the redeemable surprise (which I sold after getting a Frigate) and practically begging in nation chat for anyone that could build an Essex. The only other reason I was able to even make as much as I did, even though I play very casually and barely 2 to 4 hours a week, is because I've been around this game a long time now. I know most of the ins and outs. i know how to fight the AI and sink them reliably. I know how to use production buildings, I know how to buy low and sell high, what not to trade and where the best stuff *MIGHT* be... And yet... I'm still struggling... I'm STILL having trouble getting anywhere...

My heart goes out to newbies just starting, trying to figure even the basics of sailing, because if I'M having issues, god only knows the issues they're going through...

This game has gone so far downhill this past year that the devs will need rocket boosters to get out of the hole its in currently...

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Bach said:

...There are entire spreadsheets out there players have made detailing consistent high value trades...

...that studies these Econ aspects. They are some of the richest players in the game.

Yet still people come in here and bitch and moan about players grinding fighting bots earning some percentage more than they used to!

"The economy is going down the shitter!"

pfft! They just want to be alone "running this pixel shit"

mr-burns-feat-uproxx.jpg?quality=100

13 hours ago, sveno said:

Dear developer,

well bugs happen. 20 simultaneously starting port battles was not expected and caused bugs in messaging system (placing markers for entry). Today we found that they were actually active and could have been accessed if players relogged. 

• Like 2