Game-Labs Forum

Patch 11.0: New ships, Unity 5, Improved clan based conquest, and many other changes.

admin

On 11.09.2017 at 11:59 AM, admin said:

Update 3 October

• New module Cotton Sails added to Admiralty shop (blueprint)
  • Economy tunings - trading will generate more profit
  • Interesting hidden new trading opportunities added to key cities
  • Pray button was removed
  • Reinforcement and capital waters protection will be displayed on UI once you sail into such zones or select a target within these zones.
  • Fixed visualisation of ship wrecks
  • Fixed bug with weird looking sails on Wasa

• Like 9

1 hour ago, Quineloe said:

You will never be able to create a game where there's a sufficient number of players who do nothing but sail around in traders to be prey for other players.

Capturing player indiamen (or any traders for that matter) are lucky strikes, not consistent gameplay.

It's a mentality issue, not a gameplay issue. No one likes paying money to play a game where he exists only as prey for other players.

You could actually increase the number of traders and make likely routes known by replacing port maintenance costs with port supplies, where every week each player run port needs so many of each certain type of trade goods. That would get traders out on the oceans and you would know which likely ports they were heading for and give targets to be intercepted and traders to be defended.

I know many do not like the idea of another layer of PvE added to the game, but I seriously think that by getting people out into the open world you will in the long run generate the PvP that people crave.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Intrepido said:

Thanks for improving trading. It is much better now.

Also please take a look at the sealed bottles and NPC traders loot. Thanks in advance.

Yes please check bottle drops and NPC loot as I said before treatys to salt peter . or expert northern carpenter note . and other mods 1rt steel tool box why have them in game if you never get them . I have had contract in ports for them , and still none .  make them a craftable note pertchasted with CM then get blue print and thing needed for it and then craft the mod and also 2 more permedent slots to balance your perma mods better

2 hours ago, Intrepido said:

Also please take a look at the sealed bottles and NPC traders loot. Thanks in advance.

Sealed bottles and deadman chest rewards were tuned shortly after the wipe - you can find some additional nice stuff there if you are lucky. At the moment we think that the rewards are ok but as we are in testing, it might be tuned again in future

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Intrepido said:

Maybe you just have the bad luck of RNG like I do. I did have my baby rat up at Kidd's Sunday night picking up bottles. I did 5 of them and got some decent loot per say, but no mods.  I have clan mates that gotten good mod stuff and mats for them.  So yah it's just RNG Gods prob hate you like it does me.

4 hours ago, The Spud said:

So with the Pray button gone... can we know what it was meant to do??

On going joke we troll in global chat is that is how the pirates Activate there pirate hacks.  I'm pretty sure some folks believe it's true, but than again they believe a lot of stuff we troll in Global at times lol

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Maybe you just have the bad luck of RNG like I do. I did have my baby rat up at Kidd's Sunday night picking up bottles. I did 5 of them and got some decent loot per say, but no mods.  I have clan mates that gotten good mod stuff and mats for them.  So yah it's just RNG Gods prob hate you like it does me.

On going joke we troll in global chat is that is how the pirates Activate there pirate hacks.  I'm pretty sure some folks believe it's true, but than again they believe a lot of stuff we troll in Global at times lol

some players have now requested to bring it back. they found it relaxing as a fidget spinner. we did not think of them (((

• Like 4

16 minutes ago, admin said:

some players have now requested to bring it back. they found it relaxing as a fidget spinner. we did not think of them (((

As long as legends still is coming , this game is still my favorite game. At school the kids look at me like i am an idiot for like these old ships,  but i love em and i love this game and i am proud of those ships,  the people here on naval action (forums and game) and this game :)

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, admin said:

Can we also get some nifty ship games to play while we sail? And a cabin where we can sit and watch the marble on the table roll as the ship sways back and forth?

Edited by Slim Jimmerson
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, admin said:

I also joked that if I was a DEV I would put put in that like every million times it's pushed THE KRAKKEN would come out and eat your ship.  No matter the ship it's lost.  Though I wouldn't tell the player but if they returned to that location they get a wreck with a chest with a special item that only folks that have been eaten by THE KRAKKEN get like a paint or sail mod or even special skinned boat like the yacht or something lol

• Like 1

Just now, Slim Jimmerson said:

Can we also get some nifty ship games to play while we sail? And a cabin where we can sit and watch the marble on the table roll as the ship sways back and forth?

Dude, get yerself topside and enjoy the scenery.  Long hauls might also be a bit more engaging if the telescope view had more range and identification capability than the "god" view, so there was an advantage to meticulously scanning the horizon and scoping distant ships. 

14 minutes ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

I also joked that if I was a DEV I would put put in that like every million times it's pushed THE KRAKKEN would come out and eat your ship.  No matter the ship it's lost.  Though I wouldn't tell the player but if they returned to that location they get a wreck with a chest with a special item that only folks that have been eaten by THE KRAKKEN get like a paint or sail mod or even special skinned boat like the yacht or something lol

Haha , but the KRAKEN should be controlled by a dutch man then :D [A dutch ship with a Dutch flag]. Because the KRAKEN is from Pirates of the caribbean , controlled by Davy Jones , captain of the Flying DUTCHMAN. :D 

Kraken_destroys_the_pearl.png

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, GreatTimo said:

Haha , but the KRAKEN should be controlled by a dutch man then :D [A dutch ship with a Dutch flag]. Because the KRAKEN is from Pirates of the caribbean , controlled by Davy Jones , captain of the Flying DUTCHMAN. :D 

Kraken_destroys_the_pearl.png

It has way more history than some silly movie as being a sea monster that has taken many ships.  Though I think it was more the storms that took them than sea monsters.

• Like 1

Just now, Sir Texas Sir said:

It has way more history than some silly movie as being a sea monster that has taken many ships.  Though I think it was more the storms that took them than sea monsters.

Aye that be true on both sides , allthough , the kraken would never join naval action. As i think it would be a bad idea to put it in. Naval action has always bin based on keeping in historial accurate. Putting a fantasy kraken in it , would make it 100% inaccurate. 

Delft ship.jpg

• Like 9

1 minute ago, GreatTimo said:

Aye that be true on both sides , allthough , the kraken would never join naval action. As i think it would be a bad idea to put it in. Naval action has always bin based on keeping in historial accurate. Putting a fantasy kraken in it , would make it 100% inaccurate. 

Delft ship.jpg

Aye , i agree.

2 minutes ago, GreatTimo said:

Delft ship.jpg

No one said it had to be a monster.....they could of gotten eaten by a storm.   Again sea story's where always made up as to reason why things disappeared and such.

2 hours ago, admin said:

Seriously?

The game needs more content and to start going forward with improvements to game play and people are complaining about the pray button. and the paint job of the wasa I'm sure we can cope with or without these trivial problems for now 

😑 some people just hurt my head 

That being said I'm sure you could put it back in as easily as you removed it, as for the paint job how about just add paints back keep more people happy. Happy community happy game 😜

also @admin the global community is really calling out for real clan wars, can we not atleast consider this just for global there is thread in the forum about it 😁

@Sir Texas Sir don't they think now that it was possible it existed with the proof of giant squids, not to say most of it was old wife's tails 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Sir Texas Sir said:

Oh snap, thats right, its to turn my Pirate Hacks on... I totaly forgot that. Pops up the OW Speed multiplier selecter and the "insta reload" / "insta boarding win" check box. Prety nifty.