Game-Labs Forum

Patch 10.4 Conquest changes, Battle Groups, Wapen von Hamburg (III)

admin

11 minutes ago, Lonar said:

Its not playable for the public so its not really there and no one knows how the public will react the betatester can have the fun of their life and the game may be what they ever wished and then the public says thats crap .... so since it sticks to the old way of doing things it is not released so not there, and no one really knows anything final about it because of that. Btw. i hope Wild West Online becomes a great game :D

Not getting my hopes up on WWO, thanks to the people who are involved.  

On 7/29/2017 at 1:58 PM, admin said:

so only one hardcore mmo will be released during these 12-15 months
Darkfall can't be called a new release. It is a re-release by a group of players who took over control from the devs. Its original release date is 2009 (max online 800 players). Wurm is 2006 (max online 2000 players), Mortal is 2010 (max online 1000 players), Ultima is from 1997.

You don't have to post the full list. As we are all interested in the mmo like ours which released since jan 2016. Eve online does not have safe pvp everywhere. 
Eve online has high sec. You can of course attack a player in Amarr 1.0 but you will lose your ship too (guaranteed) so its not exactly safe for attacker like in our game.

Also - giant zones around capitals? I think its just your opinion. most consider them small and they are small as % of the map. Eve 0.5+ space (where non consensual pvp is unsafe for the attacker) has much bigger percentage - so EVE is in fact safer.. 

Comparing NA to EVE will only make NA seem small and feeble, not a good idea.

Sir, I know EVE, EVE is a friend of mine - You Sir are no EVE.

(signed EVE player)

• Like 2

Dear Developers!

U started to do ur job, as it intended. Congratulation for that.

i want to ask u to check steam rewievs about ur game.

In 80% of them players are upset about that ur game is life stealer.

Some day before i was in British New Orleans PB team. On TS we mostly spoke about that the 4 hour we spend to sail the rates to ther is just anoying.

U made the low levels play easier because of the new NPC capping system.

Now u have to decide, if u want old player to stay in ur beatifull game. If u change the OS sailing system, it will revive ur game completly, and u can start thinking about next step.

Till u force people to sail over and over the same way without any action, the game is life stealer. I think if u want succes, u must let automatic rearrangement between outposts.

There are a lot of boring sailing time implemented, 99% no action in it. This sailing are mostly ship rearrangement between outpost and for hauling. This OS sailing get players from real action, what is bad for them and for the rest.  Let all type of ships move automatically between outposts without cargo with 1 day penalty. In outposts should be an option to send ships to other outpost. The ships should get "on the way mark", and should arrive in targeted outpost at server reset or after 24 h (to avoid get advantage by fast rearrangement). This can give more active players on sea (PVE, PVP, smuggling, cargo hauling, exploring for outpost and for trading missons) against non active players. Btw automatic movement should help players struggled with ships in contested port aswell (struggling with ur best ship in a contested port can make player leak again, and can weaken low populated nations). Top of that i think ships from contested ports should move to the closest outpost automatically without any player action/intervention, so players after holyday or long work or just  a short break shouldnt get themselfes without thier best ships. I think till u not make OS sail easier, ur player base will always go below critical mass, and ur map wont work again and again appart from that what else u patch. I have that opinion appart form that there are lots of whining against making OS sailing easier. Those whiners are without real life, and im sure they wont leave the game, but normal players will sooner or later if they have to sail hours for some or none action. If u implement teleport system again, that is not good. Then the rearrangement (with no action) still stay in game with boring no action sailing, while u make cargo hauling easier, what is bad for trader hunting gametype.

If u do this, appart from any others issues, the steam rewievs will be much better!  I promise u, i will send good rewievs as many as i can with my whole guild. Btw i will send u my other suggestions to u in a next post, i think u should make attention about them. Thank u.

Best regards ..

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DrZoidberg said:

TL;DR sailing is boring and takes a long time in 1st rates.

Well I hate to say this big slow ships are boring to sail, this is why I dont sail them.  I prefer smaller ships that sail faster.  Even in a Snow I was able to go from Tumbado to La Tortue, in under an hour(45 min to be exact).   It wasnt exciting but I did other things while doing it.   This doesnt defend the boring nature of sailing but it is sailing... and every sandbox game I play has boring travel components.   From Eve Online where traveling from Jita to null sec is boring as hell, outside of the random gate camp.    And god help you if you travel in Wurm Online... 

On 28/7/2017 at 8:38 PM, admin said:
On 28/7/2017 at 6:32 PM, koltes said:

Why not make all AI ships 1 perma upgrade slots and totally random wood type frames and planking?

maybe something like that (but we don't want random wood type as this will make some ships too good)

And in the server of pve that more will give you can find ships with different configurations of wood. And please, in the server pve, put all the ships to be able to be used by the NPC, reason why we will have more variety in the fight against the AI

Edited by Maloco

On 29-7-2017 at 10:58 PM, admin said:

so only one hardcore mmo will be released during these 12-15 months
Darkfall can't be called a new release. It is a re-release by a group of players who took over control from the devs. Its original release date is 2009 (max online 800 players). Wurm is 2006 (max online 2000 players), Mortal is 2010 (max online 1000 players), Ultima is from 1997.

You don't have to post the full list. As we are all interested in the mmo like ours which released since jan 2016. Eve online does not have safe pvp everywhere. 
Eve online has high sec. You can of course attack a player in Amarr 1.0 but you will lose your ship too (guaranteed) so its not exactly safe for attacker like in our game.

Also - giant zones around capitals? I think its just your opinion. most consider them small and they are small as % of the map. Eve 0.5+ space (where non consensual pvp is unsafe for the attacker) has much bigger percentage - so EVE is in fact safer.. 

at the moment we can not compare EVE with NA ...

in eve there are clan wars, what make life in HS  very complicated sometimes (not always)

you can be shot in a pod or lose it in 10 seconds if you ignore the signs. (or ganked or even anti ganked [see link]  )

it is just not the same .in NA we do not have clan wars, what makes it a totally different game compared to EVE

and you can attack  a ship in Amarr 1.0 (safe zone) and not been shot at , if you are at war...... in a clan war  (Concord does not shoot you then)

if we would have some kind of a similar set up in NA, it would change the whole situation for NA i n many different ways ( link )

but we never tried admiralty clan wars over here, only nation wars,  but in the NA  nations there are groups,    and those groups do not work together, to let the nation wars work.... in this game

i m not saying we need a Concord system , but the admiralty clan wars can be the new feature

where even a bounty system can be introduced as well, without killing an entire nation ..

Edited by Thonys

On 28.7.2017 at 8:28 PM, admin said:

Majority of pvp players do not use oak/crew space built vessels. And lose them often. Lose all ships and you have to grind from the basic cutter or maybe leave the game. 

Also crafters have to understand something. New players lose ships a lot more often. Its kind of tiring to get back to basic cutter again and again. 
Now replacements vessels are easier to get to earn funds for 4th rates and higher. If ship capture did not return, we doubt crafters would have ANY market at all pretty soon. 

So with ship capture the market actually getting bigger. More buyers.

Ship capture is not for the discussion and is going to get to release. NPC ship composition might change more. 

Ignore them, they can't see the bigger picture... bringing NPC cap was the right decision... it is very much needed for the casuals and a mate of mine even came back to the game because of it ( he rather sails garbage ships than craft at all ) and what people forgot is you get no gold/xp/marks for capture and it is limited to 5th rates max anyways ( if someone makes his gold by selling 5-7 rates, crafted or captured doesnt matter,  in a game where the "economy" is expoitable everywhere he has other problems i think....). Expandable ships with garbage stats is exactly what the casuals need... 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Zoky said:

Are you calling casuals a garbage people now :lol:

Because it's you i am not sure if actually serious or trolling... cheap ships should have bad stats... that would be easily available to casuals because of the low price so they don't have so sail basic cutter for a week every time they get sunk... can you grasp the logic behind this or is it too complicated? If you need me to come over to help you tie your shoelaces.. just let me know bud.

Edited by Captain Lust

1 minute ago, Ink said:

Captains, it was a technical update, none gameplay related

That's cool and all, though I'd still prefer to see some kind of update/notification/mention about what's being updated without having to ask first.

Enjoying the ability to capture NPC ships though!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3.8.2017 at 6:02 PM, Ink said:

Captains, it was a technical update, none gameplay related

Okay, sorry if i missed something in an earlier update but when did you patch the crafting system? Last Friday i needed lvl 35 to craft a Constitutuin and lvl 25 to craft a Pirate Frigate and now everything is -10 lvl? And I also gained about 6 Craftinglevels over night?

22 minutes ago, DesAnderes said:

Okay, sorry if i missed something in an earlier update but when did you patch the crafting system? Last Friday i needed lvl 35 to craft a Constitutuin and lvl 25 to craft a Pirate Frigate and now everything is -10 lvl? And I also gained about 6 Craftinglevels over night?

patch notes incoming.

Captains

Small hot fix was deployed today

• Fixed bug that allowed both repairs to be used on the ship if you recaptured a captured ship (Thanks @Moscalb)
  • Fixed bug that sometimes shown the negative time on the battle entry timer
  • Added ship names to escaped and captured ships in the Tab Interface
  • Significant streamlining changes to crafting levels and ship crafting XP due to ship capture
    • ships are now unlock in groups (by ranks) to give you the chance to craft popular ships instead of forcing you to pass through ships no-one wants
    • overall xp level required to progress is lowered
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, Demsity said:

Care to elaborate?

for example
to get to level 1 you needed to craft lynx (wasting resources and money)
now all unrated ships are unlocked on rank 0 - so you can craft something players might need (privateers, pickles)
same system was applied to all ship ranks (from 7th to 1st)

• Like 1

Just now, admin said:

for example
to get to level 1 you needed to craft lynx (wasting resources and money)
now all unrated ships are unlocked on rank 0 - so you can craft something players might need (privateers, pickles)
same system was applied to all ship ranks (from 7th to 1st)

Thank you.

Good change! Well done

13 minutes ago, admin said:
  • Significant streamlining changes to crafting levels and ship crafting XP due to ship capture
    • ships are now unlock in groups (by ranks) to give you the chance to craft popular ships instead of forcing you to pass through ships no-one wants
    • overall xp level required to progress is lowered

Is it possible that this is still a bit bugged. I'm now crafting lvl 42 instead of 35 but i can still only craft the ships that i was able to craft before. Is it bugged or does the unlocking only work on certain ships? And if it only works for a few it would be nice to know which ships aren't effected

5 minutes ago, DesAnderes said:

Is it possible that this is still a bit bugged. I'm now crafting lvl 42 instead of 35 but i can still only craft the ships that i was able to craft before. Is it bugged or does the unlocking only work on certain ships? And if it only works for a few it would be nice to know which ships aren't effected

1st rates will unlock at 45

but the xp requirements are lowered too - so you will get there faster (no longer need to build 20 second rates to progress)